Two More Casting Possibilities for Spider-Man Reboot?

• 58 results
Posted by inferiorego (21225 posts) - - Show Bio
According to JoBlo, there are now two more people up for the role of Spider-Man in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot film: Anton Yelchin and Aaron Johnson. Anton was recently in Star Trek as Chekov and Terminator: Salvation as Kyle Reese. Aaron Johnson played Kick-Ass in the film Kick-Ass. 

These two guys join the ranks of Logan Lerman, Josh Hutcherson, and Jamie Bell as people rumored to either have the role or be in line to play the Spectacular Peter Parker. This reminds me of the Captain America situation a few months back when many actors were lined up to play the part. We probably won't find out for a few months who will actually play the part though.

Out of all of these guys, I'd personally like to see Anton Yelchin play the part of Peter Parker. He looks a little bit more nerdy naturally. Yes, I want a nerdy Peter Parker, and although many people didn't like Terminator Salvation, he was pretty good in it, as well as Star Trek. Johnson was just in Kick-Ass as a nerdy hero, so I'd rather give someone  new the chance to fill the shoes of the character. At this point, there's no real solid info on who is 100% playing the part nor who is actually up for the role. Who would you guys rather see play Peter Parker? Anton Yelchin or Aaron Johnson?
Staff
#1 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

I would feel more confident if Aaron Johnson got the role.

#2 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, I agree with ego on Anton...Time will tell.

#3 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, isn't Aaron going to be in X-Men first class? god, he gets around! - I'd prefer the first guy, Anton, he's a little more unknown.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

JUST PICK SOMEONE ALREADY.

#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"JUST PICK SOMEONE ALREADY. "
You should work at Sony...
#6 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
"JUST PICK SOMEONE ALREADY. "
You should work at Sony... "
I wish he did. They might have chosen one by now.
#7 Posted by ShadowX (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree that Anton is more nerdy looking and I think he could do it. 
I say 
Anton or Logan Lerman

#8 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"

"

#9 Posted by danhimself (22275 posts) - - Show Bio

so far I think the best pick would have be Logan Lerman

#10 Posted by karrob (4276 posts) - - Show Bio

Id pick Anton. 

#11 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Logan Lerman or Jamie Bell.

#12 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Would they cast an english actor to play a massive american icon like spider-man?

#13 Posted by daken_2513 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

They look the same
#14 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"

"
#15 Posted by superboy12 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldnt mind  Anton Yelchin or logan lerman as spiderman but everyone else I dont think they could do it    

#16 Posted by SupremoMaximo (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs more Shia Labeouf

#17 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Anton...not of fan of Johnson really at all.
#18 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupremoMaximo said:
" Needs more Shia Labeouf "
Puke.
#19 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Either one could do it.  Both can act. 
#20 Edited by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel:
Beg Mickey, et al to shell out the cash and flex his bicep to get back the rights for Spider-Man from Sony, as well as X-Men, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade, Punisher and the Fantastic Four from each of the respective companies. Sweeten the pot by giving those companies some distribution rights so they have to do minimal effort for decent payoff. Mickey has the power. Isn't that why you guys teamed up? Please do so BEFORE any of these franchise get into production on more sequels. Really, they're butchering your characters and all the movie goers now want the possibility of characters interacting.
Having it all in house would set you up to completely own the non-Batman superhero movie market.

#21 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's next Christian Bale? Tom Welling?

#22 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

If Johnson plays Spidey, I'll just think of it as Kick-Ass: Spider-Man version...sp I'm hoping anyone BUT him plays Peter.

#23 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (519 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Anton Yelchin...but I don't think he'd make a good Spider-Man. I do like the Jamie Bell idea though. Let's go with him.

#24 Posted by SuperXAsh (506 posts) - - Show Bio

*shrugs* either look like they could do well.
#25 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"

"
couldnt have said it better myself
#26 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget my past choices, Anton Yelchin would be brilliant as this role.
#27 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X said:
"I would feel more confident if Aaron Johnson got the role. "

So would I.
#28 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123: either would be fine, but Yelchin really fits the bill more than any other actor mentioned. anyway, i've heard Johnson might be cyclops in the new x-flick (course that's not written in stone)
#29 Posted by ofaaron (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares who you pick for Peter, but here's a tip movie executives:

DO NOT RECAST THIS ROLE. YOU WILL NOT FIND ANYONE BETTER 

#30 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
Yelchin would make a better Harry, but I'd take him over Johnson.
@ofaaron said:
" Who cares who you pick for Peter, but here's a tip movie executives:

"

Not true. He was funny but he also wasnt much more than comic relief. If they want this movie to be different they should go with someone different to play him too.
#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@ofaaron said:
" Who cares who you pick for Peter, but here's a tip movie executives:

"
QFT
#32 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Cera is the ideal Spider-Man.

#33 Posted by ofaaron (118 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09: 
I disagree good sir, but you are entitled to your opinion.

If they change the entire cast, except for this one guy, I would be fine with it. The only problems I honestly had with the previous cast was Mary Jane (had the look, but I just don't care for the actor) and Venom (like the actor, but wrong for the role). But Norman Osborne and Jameson were cast perfectly. And everyone else seemed fitting. Even Peter Parker. But I honestly don't think its hard to cast Parker as he hardly even has much of a "look" in the comics. His look changes drastically from artist to artist, even more than other characters in comics. Most characters have some defining features, like Osborne's hair, Reed Richard's gray line, Cap's CHIN, ect. ect. But Peter is "average" by design, and average means something different to just about everyone.
#34 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"

"
#35 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Anton Yelchin could be good in the role,  I just hope they don't focus too much on the nerdy side, and get more of his smartass side  in the film. 

#36 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Johnson could fit the role nicely.

#37 Posted by ultimategirlshileha1236 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

i say logan lerman
#38 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShadowX said:
" I do agree that Anton is more nerdy looking and I think he could do it. I say Anton or Logan Lerman "
me too
#39 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupremoMaximo said:
" Needs more Shia Labeouf "
Party foul!
#40 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure they've already cast this role with the guy who's gonna play Tintin. 

#41 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Anton?
LOL.
thats really funny. Did he audition for this? he never told me. :(
Im going to ask him.
Its so weird when you see a friend getting such recognition.

#42 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer these two to everyone else vying for the part so far.

#43 Posted by X-93 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

These two guys look like the best out of what I've heard so far.

#44 Posted by ofaaron (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually looking at these choices now...

Anton would be a great choice. He did a great job in Star Trek and Charlie Bartlett. Looking at his IMDb though, his plate is pretty full for the next couple years. Aaron Johnson played about the same thing in Kick-Ass, so he could probably pull off the role as well.
Regardless of the choice, I just hope they go more with the sarcastic route than the nerdy dork route. Either of these guys could do it though.

#45 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure.....I mean I loved Aaron in Kick Ass but seeing him play the pretty much exact same role is kinda wierd and that Anton kid is well he looks ok but I stilll prefer Logan Lerman.
#46 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@ofaaron said:
" @cascadeking09:  I disagree good sir, but you are entitled to your opinion.  If they change the entire cast, except for this one guy, I would be fine with it. The only problems I honestly had with the previous cast was Mary Jane (had the look, but I just don't care for the actor) and Venom (like the actor, but wrong for the role). But Norman Osborne and Jameson were cast perfectly. And everyone else seemed fitting. Even Peter Parker. But I honestly don't think its hard to cast Parker as he hardly even has much of a "look" in the comics. His look changes drastically from artist to artist, even more than other characters in comics. Most characters have some defining features, like Osborne's hair, Reed Richard's gray line, Cap's CHIN, ect. ect. But Peter is "average" by design, and average means something different to just about everyone. "
I agree that he was good, but I think somone else should get a try. I also think that that Kirsten Dunst didnt look good enough to play Mary Jane and the way Topher looked reminded me more  of Carnage than Venom. I also agree that Wilem Dafoe made a great norman and about Peter's look. I think it would be cool if Peter and Harry had a similar look. I would like for Kyle Galner to play Peter and Anton Yelchin to play Harry.
#47 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Anton Yelchin. He would work. Better than Logan Lerman, IMO.

#48 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

aaron johnson

#49 Posted by austen (27 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicCrazy said:
"I'm not sure.....I mean I loved Aaron in Kick Ass but seeing him play the pretty much exact same role is kinda wierd and that Anton kid is well he looks ok but I stilll prefer Logan Lerman. "

agree Logan Lerman still the best choice for me though he may be out of the running. Just give all of them, including Lerman a screen test Webb and Sony. Anton would make a great Harry
#50 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

ANTON FTW!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.