Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Trying to get my head around Ultimate Spider man

Mitchiekidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mitchiekidd

So i understand that it finished on issue #133 than was revamped starting back at issue #1, but im trying to get my head around why it than changes to #150 after issue #15 because if i count the comics inbetween it only adds up to #148 not #150 

I'm probably sounding like a complete noob, but you guys are generaly pretty helpfull with this stuff ahha
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Icon

I guess they jumped the gun just to get to that anniversary issue. lol

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

@Mitchiekidd said:

So i understand that it finished on issue #133 than was revamped starting back at issue #1, but im trying to get my head around why it than changes to #150 after issue #15 because if i count the comics inbetween it only adds up to #148 not #150 I'm probably sounding like a complete noob, but you guys are generaly pretty helpfull with this stuff ahha

A lot of the time they renumber comic books and then when they approach a big anniversary issue (basically any 50 increment ie 50, 100, 150, etc) because anniversary issues have proven to sell more issues. A case in point for this is X-Factor. Volume 2 started with issue 1 and after issue 50, they skipped to issue 200 (two anniversary issues in a row, which I'm sure they cashed in on) because if you add in the other X-Force issues, that's how many there actually were.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By Deadcool
    @Mitchiekidd said:
    So i understand that it finished on issue #133 than was revamped starting back at issue #1, but im trying to get my head around why it than changes to #150 after issue #15 because if i count the comics inbetween it only adds up to #148 not #150   I'm probably sounding like a complete noob, but you guys are generaly pretty helpfull with this stuff ahha

Maybe because the Ultimatum: Spider-man- Requiem issues...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.