Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

to this day i wonder how he got so popular

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@bezza:

I never said that he was idiot at all. I know that he is very inteligente. But i cannot relate or like to most factors that people say that why they like him.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's no cure for stupid.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@lone_wolf_and_cub: C'mon......he just said what he thinks.

Stop it,all of you who bash the guy.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: it wont end... :( oh well what doesn't kill me make stronger and all that crap

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@twix_right_side said:

Agreed. It's like me calling Batman or Nightwing an idiot just because I don't like their costumes....it's also like me saying that it's stupid that a 30 year old man dresses up like a Bat at night without seeing the significance and,essentially,the context.

Just to be clear,we both love Batman,right?!. :P

Yeah,the appearance of a character has nothing to do with what he represents.

The OP said it himself.Captain is a silly dressed character,but his morals and principles are undeniably great.

@youmessinwithme said:

@lifeofvibe: so we have one dumb hater calling spider-man dumb...

okay you're still a Hater and he's still one of the most iconic characters of all time.

and you type like a 2nd grader.

C'mon let's not cross the line here.

Yup. He's the guy who got me into comics.

Everything else fell into place.

Not only that,but Captain America's suit still serves a purpose (besides being bulletproof),it represents an ideal and is a symbol.An icon

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lifeofvibe:

@vitalius

No problem you guys, you're free to like who you want. My only criticism of the op is that its asking for trouble starting a thread on a Spiderman forum on the lines of "he is an idiot, looks like an idiot"...it kind of opens you up to personal abuse from the less articulate and reasonable elements of Comic Vine!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Not only that,but Captain America's suit still serves a purpose (besides being bulletproof),it represents an ideal and is a symbol.An icon

Yup.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@punyparker: to be fair, I bash him for a whole lot more then this thread. He has a history of being insanely rude and provoking confrontation. It's left me with a very low tolerance for him.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#60 SC  Moderator

@porthunt: @cairov:

First off, to all posters in general, being able to distinguish the difference between criticism and or insults towards a fictional character and a real life breathing person, thats kind of important. Just in real life, you might find many people find it odd when your feelings about a fictional character overrides your ability to interact with other actual humans.

Secondly for porthunt and cairov specifically. You may be unaware but such memes/gifs/images are not allowed at CV, the language used in both of yours. Please be aware of this, as using such language should usually result in warnings.

My post is very badly made....oh well

Then I will close your thread and later on when you have more time, you can create a better more considerate thread, but otherwise please don't just create threads on impulse or a sudden urge. Threads should have some thought and validity to them, not just a random casual opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.