Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Theories for why the villains don't know who Spider-Man is

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr. Wilson

If you are reading the current New Ways To Die arc in Amazing Spider-Man (if not you are crazy), you now know that the Green Goblin/Norman Osborn and Venom can't remember who Peter is.  I think this is better for the title personally.

Anyways some people think that this is an outcome of Mephisto's deal (it could be) but I think it has something to do with Avengers: the Initiative issue that deals with the Scarlet Spiders.  This wouldn't explain why Norman and Venom can't remember who he is because they have seen him as Spidey and been bonded to him.

Post your theories her.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I did wonder why Venom didn't know, because as you said Venom has been bonded to him so he should know. Pretty sure he even made a comment about having been inside his head or something, yet didn't know who he was.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I thought is had some to do with what the Scarlet Spiders did confusing people on who the actual Spider-Man is...I'm not sure though.Nothing that has been happening in anyone's comics outside of SI makes any sense.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Spiderman: One More Day... Mephisto messed with everyone

OR
    John Romata Jr is a big jerk

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

It's not their fault, they are still trying to get what the f@ck writers were smocking when they come up with one more day

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    Nighthunter said:
    "It's not their fault, they are still trying to get what the f@ck writers were smocking when they come up with one more day"

Exactly.

I think it will be touched on later down the road.  I think it does have something to with the Initiative issue though.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Nighthunter said:
    "It's not their fault, they are still trying to get what the f@ck writers were smocking when they come up with one more day"
    Romata came up with what became One More Day, the writer who tried to jump ship when John took over (Strazynski i think) wanted something completely different
    Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Billy

Doom knows it, im pretty sure, the only reason why he hasn't told anyone is so he can brag about it... "I know who spider-man is and you dont nannanananana!!"

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Billy said:
    "Doom knows it, im pretty sure, the only reason why he hasn't told anyone is so he can brag about it... "I know who spider-man is and you dont nannanananana!!""
    Diplomatic Immunity, he doesn't have to listen to romata
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Hmm. I didn't know that...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.