The unsung writers/artist of Spider-Man.

#2 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

He created Cloak and Dagger? Nice.

#3 Posted by Night Thrasher (3665 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by muhabba (299 posts) - - Show Bio

David Michelinie. He doesn't get nearly enough praise. He basically set up everything we know about Spider-Man for 3 decades.

#5 Posted by VeganDiet (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@muhabba said:

David Michelinie. He doesn't get nearly enough praise. He basically set up everything we know about Spider-Man for 3 decades.

This. His run was absolutely great, but everyone seems to give all the credit to his artists.

Also, seconding Bill Mantlo. Really liked his stuff.

#6 Posted by nappystr8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be hard to claim that Peter David is overlooked or unsung, but I think his Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man series never quite got the credit it deserved. I think between his stories and Mike Wieringo's art, that was a series that had me more interested in Spider-Man than any other book in the 616 has. It had a fun classic feel, while still pushing Peter's narrative forward and creating some really compelling new villains, that I've never seen since.

#7 Posted by TheTrollDance (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Len Wein was pretty good imo. Sure he wasn't the greatest and he had a few forgettable issues, but I think he did a good job overall and I really enjoyed reading his run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.