Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

The relationship of Peter x Liz Allan

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

I have always thought that Liz was secretly in love with Peter Parker. With BND and OMIT behind us, wouldn't be a good idea for Peter to have a mutual relationship with the girl who never had the chance to date him. Wouldn't be interesting to see Peter date a woman who is a single parent, which has never happened before in his life. This would be is a challenge that I want to see happen in a possible Liz Allen x Peter Parker relationship. It would be the first time that he would enter into uncharted territory with a woman who is a parent. It might help Peter Parker a great deal with establishing a bond of friendship with her son, Normie. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By CATPANEXE

I think Carlie would cut off his webs?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darthfury78
    @CATPANEXE: @CATPANEXE said:
    I think Carlie would cut off his webs?
    I was referring to the idea of Liz Allan x Peter Parker, after his current relationship with Carlie Cooper has run its course.  I feel that it would be good for Peter Parker to be in a relationship with a single mother. Especially for a woman who still has mutual feelings for Peter. 

While I am not against the idea of Peter x Mary Jane getting back together again, I would rather they go their separate ways for a couple of years before deciding on that path. Personally, it's quite unlikely that Peter x Mary Jane will ever rekindle their relationship because that ship has now sailed. It's time to move on to the one person who was always there from the beginning: Liz Allan.
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darthfury78

Bump!!!

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FunnyStuff707
    @darthfury78
    It's not a bad idea. Would show Peter more as a father figure, but saying that Peter and Mary Jane isn't going to happen again is like saying Superman and Lois Lane won't. So I think, if they have a relationship (Liz), then when Peter inevitably goes back to Mary Jane, how will that look to the kid? Leaving her is one thing, but it's the attachment the kid will form that will make the abandonment so wrong. He's not that type of guy.
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darthfury78
    @FunnyStuff707 said:

@darthfury78:  It's not a bad idea. Would show Peter more as a father figure, but saying that Peter and Mary Jane isn't going to happen again is like saying Superman and Lois Lane won't. So I think, if they have a relationship (Liz), then when Peter inevitably goes back to Mary Jane, how will that look to the kid? Leaving her is one thing, but it's the attachment the kid will form that will make the abandonment so wrong. He's not that type of guy.

For the time being, let's assume that Peter x Mary Jane will not get back together again for the foreseeable future. I feel that it's time for Liz Allan to have her time with him. Peter has never been in a relationship with a single parent. And Liz Allan's feelings for Peter has been kept under that radar for too long. It's time for those two to realize their feelings for one another and begin a relationship that would be as strong as it was when he was with Mary Jane.

Around the time when she was a high school student, Liz was interested in Peter Parker from the beginning. But, Liz was too afraid to ask him out, and the fact that she was dating Flash Thompson, who she might not have liked at all. Liz probably dated Flash in hopes that it would get Peter's attention as a way of making him a little jealous. Unfortunately, Liz's plan might have backfired on her as Peter moved onto starting a relationship with Betty Brant. Thus, Liz's deepest regret was not having the confidence to ask Peter out on a date before she hooked up with Flash.

I think that it would be healthy progression to see Peter Parker in a relationship with Liz Allan. It would be an interesting relationship for Peter Parker to be with a single mother, who has always dreamed of that moment to happen. Liz has kept her feelings for Peter bottled up for too long. It's time to see her feelings for Peter be known to him once and for all towards a mutual relationship, now that she is divorced from Harry Osborn.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.