Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

The Other Powers

p3t3r133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By p3t3r133

Have I missed somthing or has no one yet explained how spider man lost his extra powers. Slott has been daning around the topic since spider island with everyone getting powers that be used to have. I I thought the consensus was that he had those powers but didn't know it or just chose not to use them but in 693 he mentioned that he used to have organic web's but not anymore so that makes both of those impossible. I they couldn't have been erased by mephisto because he thinks that Dr Strange made everyone forget about his identity but he clearly remembers that he used to have the power now he doesn't. I

allfornot2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By allfornot2

I kinda doubt they'll ever explain it. Because there's no decent explanation for it. I'd prefer that he got to keep the powers honestly.

mzultan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mzultan17

I've been wondering the same thing I loved the ideas in The Others arc, especially the stingers. I hope they bring them back.

p3t3r133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By p3t3r133

They probably won't since they specifically stated that he lost his other powers. I I wish they would either ignore it or explain it but they just keep bringing it up with not explaination

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@p3t3r133 said:

They probably won't since they specifically stated that he lost his other powers. I I wish they would either ignore it or explain it but they just keep bringing it up with not explaination

The reason they won't bring them back is because Kaine now has the "Other" powers. Giving them back to Pete would detract from both their characters.

mzultan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mzultan17

@Strider92 said:

@p3t3r133 said:

The reason they won't bring them back is because Kaine now has the "Other" powers. Giving them back to Pete would detract from both their characters.

good point didn't think about that but they should at least bring back the other spider clone that got away at the end of the others arc, would have made for a great new villain and so many potential stories.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@mzultan17: The Spider-clone that got away? I don't remember this. What issue?

allfornot2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By allfornot2

@mzultan17: That got wrapped up during the "Back in Black" arc in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man. At least I think.

mzultan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mzultan17

@Strider92 said:

@mzultan17: The Spider-clone that got away? I don't remember this. What issue?

i think it was in part 12 of the others it was the weird black figure that resembled spider-man just made of spiders.

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Luster77

I'm so sick of this Spider-Clone madness, it's deafening. Don't get me wrong, Kaine is a great character but why does he get to have the edge over the original Spider-Man?? The Other's story arc was clearly based on the original Spider-Mans power mutating even further than the time he sprouted 4 extra arms. You have to admit, Pete does a lot of power upgrades but that's only his costumes and him using his "genius". Why can't his power evolve to make him much more dynamic to the readers and his villains? Have you seen his villains lately?!! They get all kinds of good new gadgets and powers and possess a much more evil sense of nature. Come on!!!! I say bring back the "Other" powers aaaaand have Mephisto come to collect on his hidden agenda regarding "One More Day".

ZenTzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZenTzen

@Luster77 said:

I'm so sick of this Spider-Clone madness, it's deafening. Don't get me wrong, Kaine is a great character but why does he get to have the edge over the original Spider-Man??.

he doesnt really have the edge anymore, after the events of spider-island, he got a bit depowered, for example hes basically on the same level as spidey on basic powers now, hes got the stingers, organic webbing, nightvision and he can talk with insects which are the extra "The Other" powers spidey got, but he has no spider-sense, but yeah i'd prefer if he got the other powers back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.