The Other Powers

#1 Posted by p3t3r133 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Have I missed somthing or has no one yet explained how spider man lost his extra powers. Slott has been daning around the topic since spider island with everyone getting powers that be used to have. I I thought the consensus was that he had those powers but didn't know it or just chose not to use them but in 693 he mentioned that he used to have organic web's but not anymore so that makes both of those impossible. I they couldn't have been erased by mephisto because he thinks that Dr Strange made everyone forget about his identity but he clearly remembers that he used to have the power now he doesn't. I

#2 Posted by allfornot2 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda doubt they'll ever explain it. Because there's no decent explanation for it. I'd prefer that he got to keep the powers honestly.

#3 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wondering the same thing I loved the ideas in The Others arc, especially the stingers. I hope they bring them back.

#4 Posted by p3t3r133 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

They probably won't since they specifically stated that he lost his other powers. I I wish they would either ignore it or explain it but they just keep bringing it up with not explaination

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16432 posts) - - Show Bio

@p3t3r133 said:

They probably won't since they specifically stated that he lost his other powers. I I wish they would either ignore it or explain it but they just keep bringing it up with not explaination

The reason they won't bring them back is because Kaine now has the "Other" powers. Giving them back to Pete would detract from both their characters.

#6 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@p3t3r133 said:

They probably won't since they specifically stated that he lost his other powers. I I wish they would either ignore it or explain it but they just keep bringing it up with not explaination

The reason they won't bring them back is because Kaine now has the "Other" powers. Giving them back to Pete would detract from both their characters.

good point didn't think about that but they should at least bring back the other spider clone that got away at the end of the others arc, would have made for a great new villain and so many potential stories.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16432 posts) - - Show Bio

@mzultan17: The Spider-clone that got away? I don't remember this. What issue?

#8 Posted by allfornot2 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@mzultan17: That got wrapped up during the "Back in Black" arc in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man. At least I think.

#9 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@mzultan17: The Spider-clone that got away? I don't remember this. What issue?

i think it was in part 12 of the others it was the weird black figure that resembled spider-man just made of spiders.

#10 Edited by Luster77 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so sick of this Spider-Clone madness, it's deafening. Don't get me wrong, Kaine is a great character but why does he get to have the edge over the original Spider-Man?? The Other's story arc was clearly based on the original Spider-Mans power mutating even further than the time he sprouted 4 extra arms. You have to admit, Pete does a lot of power upgrades but that's only his costumes and him using his "genius". Why can't his power evolve to make him much more dynamic to the readers and his villains? Have you seen his villains lately?!! They get all kinds of good new gadgets and powers and possess a much more evil sense of nature. Come on!!!! I say bring back the "Other" powers aaaaand have Mephisto come to collect on his hidden agenda regarding "One More Day".

#11 Posted by ZenTzen (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@Luster77 said:

I'm so sick of this Spider-Clone madness, it's deafening. Don't get me wrong, Kaine is a great character but why does he get to have the edge over the original Spider-Man??.

he doesnt really have the edge anymore, after the events of spider-island, he got a bit depowered, for example hes basically on the same level as spidey on basic powers now, hes got the stingers, organic webbing, nightvision and he can talk with insects which are the extra "The Other" powers spidey got, but he has no spider-sense, but yeah i'd prefer if he got the other powers back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.