the new amazing spiderman movie vs the other 3 spiderman movies

#1 Posted by alosha (106 posts) - - Show Bio

ive seen all 3 spiderman movies and i want to go see the new one but im not sure all of my friends that have seen it say its no where near as good as the recent spiderman movies

#2 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle.

#3 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

This ain't a battle, but I will say this: the amazing spider-man is way better than both the first spider-man movie and spider-man 3.

#4 Posted by nickzambuto (13669 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be seeing it tommorrow, but from what I've heard, it's apparently better than Spidey 1 and 3, but not 2.

#5 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Not a battle.
#6 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watch it.

#7 Posted by ShootingNova (17166 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Not a battle.
#8 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watch it already.

#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, if you see something that's not a battle, feel free to flag it.

#10 Posted by FuZySLiPeRz (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Theater Experience:

The Amazing Spider-Man > Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 1 > Previews just before Spider-Man 3 > the black screen after the previews before Spider-Man 3 > my eyelids > Spider-Man 3

#11 Posted by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-Man is in my opinion much better than ALL the previous movies, it's just that a lot of people are so used to Raimi's trilogy that it's hard to move on - As a great man once said, "You have to let go...".

#12 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Both films have their merits, I've been a spidey fan since I was like five, I though amazing spiderman was done better (mostly due to better technology and they corrected some mistakes from the old one), but the old spiderman movies were better in their own way and the old 2000's spiderman one and two are still on my most awesome movie list. (Oh and I still prefer tobey)

#13 Posted by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally it's my favorite Spider-Man movie. Never cared much for the previous trilogy.

#14 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

its my fav spiderman movie too...especially spiderman himself

#15 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio
@FuZySLiPeRz said:

Theater Experience:

The Amazing Spider-Man > Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 1 > Previews just before Spider-Man 3 > the black screen after the previews before Spider-Man 3 > my eyelids > Spider-Man 3

XD . If Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man switched spots I would be in complete agreement.
#16 Posted by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

I really do hope after this film they slot Spidey in for a small cameo in Avengers 2 - because, you know - Spidey DID help in the fight against Thanos in the comics :D

#17 Posted by Skyfire (752 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-man beats the previous trilogy.

#18 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Both series are great but both have their faults. It's better to treat them as separate entities rather than compare.

#19 Posted by alosha (106 posts) - - Show Bio

every one who kept say its not a battle can suck one okay all u have to do is say it once not a million times i gotta

#20 Posted by Pwok21 (2383 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spiderman > Spiderman Trilogy

#21 Posted by Oscars94 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN WINS!!!!!

#22 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh goodness miles better. I have all three of Raimi's Spidey movies on DVD but haven't watched any of them since said purchase. I just can't enjoy them for some reason (I'm looking at you, Maguire). The Amazing Spider-Man was one of my favourite superhero movies behind The Avengers, X-Men 2 and Batman Begins.

#23 Posted by Minnon (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I grew up on the Raimi's trilogy. It's what made me the huge Spider-Man fan I am today. But I have to say, the new movie was incredible. It beats both Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3 in my opinion.

#24 Posted by turg0n82 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I would put the amazing spiderman first then spiderman 2 ....Garfield figured out how to be Peter Parker a lot better than Tobey (Tobey??really???)...apart from a couple of things that annoyed me, the amazing spiderman is more representative

#25 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Marc Webb has given us the Batman Begins of Spider-Man.

#26 Posted by nickzambuto (13669 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it... blew the others out of the water. This was a TRUE Spider-Man film.

I was literally sitting in the theater, watching as the movie played, thinking, "woah, this is like if the comic pages moved".

Andrew Garfield>>>

#27 Edited by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO....Spider-Man 2 > Amazing Spider-Man ≥ Spider-Man >>>>> Spider-Man 3

#28 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I think this movie is just getting a little too much kudos. Too me it's like Iron Man 2. When it first came out everyone loved it, but once the hype died down a lot of people saw it for the crap movie it was. This movie isn't crap, but it think Spiderman 1 and 2 were just better. Garfield was a better Parker, I give the movie that much, but what annoyed me the most was the stunt scenes and f/x featuring Spiderman. I feel Spiderman from the pervious franchise was just stronger and more graceful. I also felt this story was all over the place. I did love the cinematography of ny, the down to earth actors, and the the Lizard/Connors.

#29 Edited by Pyrogram (38442 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the previous ones, This one was not that good.

Also, lizard is a minor character spidey beats easy, how comes he had a whole movie with him.

#30 Posted by Pyrogram (38442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Minnon said:

I grew up on the Raimi's trilogy. It's what made me the huge Spider-Man fan I am today. But I have to say, the new movie was incredible. It beats both Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3 in my opinion.

In honesty I can say tobeys got me interested aswell, But this one would not have got me intrested. it was not a family loving spidey film like the rest/ I know spidey comic hero aint like that, but I dont care, The movie seemed rushed to me, and getting bit in the neck?

#31 Posted by BatWatch (2724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

Also, lizard is a minor character spidey beats easy, how comes he had a whole movie with him.

It is early in Spider-Man's career, so it makes sense that he would not go up against one of his biggest villains. Also, I think you are underestimating Lizard a tad. He's given Spirder-Man significant trouble plenty of times.

#32 Posted by Pyrogram (38442 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

@Pyrogram said:

It is early in Spider-Man's career, so it makes sense that he would not go up against one of his biggest villains. Also, I think you are underestimating Lizard a tad. He's given Spirder-Man significant trouble plenty of times.

I will always see lizard as a side villain.

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tyrus said:

The Amazing Spider-Man is in my opinion much better than ALL the previous movies, it's just that a lot of people are so used to Raimi's trilogy that it's hard to move on - As a great man once said, "You have to let go...".

#34 Posted by BatWatch (2724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Pyrogram said:

I will always see lizard as a side villain.

He's certainly not on the level of Kingpin, Green Goblin, or Venom, but he's not Stilt Man either.

#35 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man were the best to me.

#36 Edited by MasterKungFu (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM2 tips the scales in favour of amazing spiderman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.