Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

The First Official Photo of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man!

sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#201  Edited By sweatboy

"  Yet, if this Spider-Man series is to distinguish itself, Garfield will need to play him differently than Maguire,"

This is something i read on another forum, now is it really about the movie? i mean when i think Spidey, i want to see him the same way i've seen him every other time, i dont LIKE change. but,......does it get old at some point? Well, cartoons and the TV show had Pete's beau from the office at the Bugle, it was Betty Brant in the cartoon, in the TV series,....i think it was someone else? then we had MJ, but now it's Stacy. THAT's a change. Speaking of Gwen Stacy,...I want to see CLONE SAGA CLONE SAGA CLONE SAGA

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Andferne
    @THEBlaqueBasterd said:

"Spideys never in ANY iteration been more than 5"8 or 9  "

This is false. He's commonly viewed as 5'10" throughout the 90's.

Edit: On that note I guess anyone who is even a pound or two over 165 shouldn't be considered either..
    growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By growup

love it 

At first I was annoyed that they changed the costume slightly, but Garfield looks the part and I rekon it has a more modern feel to it so yeh thumbs up.  

Fanboys have got to realise that as long as the story stays true to the actual character of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, then it shouldn't matter if the costume is green and orange. 

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Andferne
    @Red_Justice said:
    " then it shouldn't matter if the costume is green and orange.   "
    I think that's stretching it. lol But I do agree with your point.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Andferne
    @THEBlaqueBasterd said:

" Spideys never in ANY iteration been more than 5"8 or 9  "

To prove my point. Courtesy of Deadcool (thanks again for the scans)
     e you have:
    5'10
    5'10" 170 pounds

5'10
    5'10" 165 pounds

5'10
    5'10" 167 pounds
    Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
    Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the older movie costume, but this isn't bad at all.  Plus the actor looks ideal to play Spider-man. Where as Tobey Maguire really didn't suit the role imo.  Though I haven't seen Garfield in  anything before, so I can't really say whether or not I think he's the right choice just yet.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#207  Edited By G Bird

Not too crazy about the costume as far as the color layout, but maybe he goes through multiple costumes if he is fighting the Lizard, since they would get shredded? Who knows though, if the costume look is all we can complain about once the movie comes out I think that'll be pretty good.

Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Luthorcrow

The actor looks fine for a HS Spidey but that costume is a terrible.  When did Spidey visit latex, bottom boy.  The Rami version was spot on, they should have just done a variant.

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209  Edited By Rowen545

Is it wrong that the first thing I noticed was that his mask was off. That really bothered me in the original trilogy. Toby was always flying around with no mask. An entire train car saw him without one on. I simply couldn't believe that no one knew who he was. This is one of the problems I hope they fix in the new movies...

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#210  Edited By Blackestnight1

I hate Ultimate spiderman.  I do not want an Emo metro sexual dork to play Peter Parker. Way to project modern angst onto the past.

Staticoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Staticoss

this costume looks excellant and so does Garfield, even though it is different, isn't almost every Marvel superhero costume that has made it  to the movies, it may not e spot on, but when traslating an old character to screen it is nearly impossible, and even the Rami suit had flaws, the silver webbing pattern, the pattern stuck out and so did the insignia, this is a new and modern approach to spiderman, just as the new Thor, Ironman, Wolverine (even though he doesn't really have one), Green Lantern, and Batman outfits are.
    Staticoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Staticoss
    @Overseer:
    did you really think that John Williams would do it, hell he doesn't even o Star Wars, now he does fricken Harry Potter 

btw 

6. They should keep J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#213  Edited By Gambit1024

Here's a leaked photo someone took on the set of the new Spidey Reboot. I'm no expert, but that's definitely Spider-Man alright, lol 

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#214  Edited By RalfvdH

I have no idea if this is real... But if it is....

In this angle it looks terrible 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are two more from the perezhilton.com website. the quality of the pic isn't as good but it looks like the suit isn't under the bright lights of the set in these so you get a chance to see just how dark the costume really is, whereas in regards to RalfvdH's pic the set is noticeably lit up so the suit looks a bit brighter than it actually is. 

I would say alot of diehard fans of the spidey suit may be thrown off by it but I think it looks cool and it still looks like Spider-Man. I don't think you could find anyone that couldn't look at these photos and instantly say "yeah, that's spider-man". My only curiosity is what appears to be metal pieces to the boots. This could just be for the sake of the actors and stuntmans feet and be photoshopped out later but the more I look at it the more I think that its a cool addition because it does actually make that part of the suit into a boot and keeps with the idea of adding a bit of reality into these characters. 

But in the end I'm reserving judgement on the suit until I see the first trailers because that's when we'll see what the director really wants the suit to look like when the computer guys go and tweak the coloring, lighting and overall mood of the suit around to fit the picture rather than how it appears on set. 

Enjoy the pics. 

and though many people may have never seen the show doesn't the color tone and the mask (epecially the eyes) look like a homage to the 1977 live action tv show? While I doubt many people would call that a great representation of the character it was actually a cool show for its time given the limits of budget and computer graphics for a character like this. Have to say the mask and eyes are better than the Raimi films because they look so much closer to the comic books and also aren't a focal point of the suit the way they were before (either because they Raimi always did close-ups on them, or they would be reflecting too much or they would always be breaking or the lens falling out which consequently rarely happens in the comic)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.