Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17239 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

The Black Suit

SilverBulletKY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SilverBulletKY

I've been trying to read all the older issues that's on the digital service.  I read the first Secret Wars where he got the suit and then the following Amazing Spidermans where he is in the suit.  In issue 259 Mr. Fantastic discovers that the suit is an living alien and Spiderman goes back to using his old suit.  Then the digital service skips ahead to Issue 265 and he's back in the black suit.  What happened in these issues that made him go back to it?

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @SilverBulletKY said:
    "  I've been trying to read all the older issues that's on the digital service.  I read the first Secret Wars where he got the suit and then the following Amazing Spidermans where he is in the suit.  In issue 259 Mr. Fantastic discovers that the suit is an living alien and Spiderman goes back to using his old suit.  Then the digital service skips ahead to Issue 265 and he's back in the black suit.  What happened in these issues that made him go back to it? "
    Readers liked it.
    I seem to remember he was wearing both at once in different titles.
    SilverBulletKY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SilverBulletKY
    @Gylan Thomas: Well I mean story wise what made him go back to the black suit after he discovered it was an alien?  :>
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gylan Thomas

He ditched the alien but wore a standard material version.
    As far as I remember there was no real reasoning behind it. It was the same as you or me goin' with the red blue shirt over the red one one day.

SilverBulletKY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SilverBulletKY
    @Gylan Thomas:    Yeah they just did a little blurb in 265 that said that the Black Cat sewed him a black suit.
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @SilverBulletKY said:
    " @Gylan Thomas:    Yeah they just did a little blurb in 265 that said that the Black Cat sewed him a black suit. "
    Black Cat probably liked the black Costume better.
    Does the story mention the fact that sewing lycra or spnadex isn't something just anyone can do? :P
    SilverBulletKY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SilverBulletKY
    @Gylan Thomas:   Haha no they didn't mention that.  But you know the Black Cat has all kinds of skills.  :>
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Gylan Thomas: anyone can sew lycra or spandex it'll just fall apart a few minutes after
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @joshmightbe said:
    " @Gylan Thomas: anyone can sew lycra or spandex it'll just fall apart a few minutes after "
    lol
    exactly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.