The Best Villain Choices for 'The Amazing Spiderman 2'!!

Posted by Mediumflyer7 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Warning: This movie contains a very slight spoiler from the Amazing Spiderman ending!

The first chapter to 'the Amazing Spiderman' movies was released in cinema's last month. Different people had mixed reactions but the overall reaction was that it was good. The villain of the movie was The Lizard , also known as Curt Connors. The lizard played a good enough role in the movie. His origin was similar to his origin in the comics and he was certainly threatening enough. But who's going to star in the next sequel, rumoured for 2014. At the end of the movie a locked up Curt Connors was visited my a mysterious visitor. I'm assuming that this mystery man is going to be the villain of the next movie but I could be wrong! Here are my thoughts on who the next villain could be.

6. The Rhino

Rhino is a poster for the video game.

The Rhino is certainly not the man at the end of the movie. The man at the end looked old, skinny and had white hair (which make me think vulture) but it could certainly make sense for Rhino to be part of AS2! The Lizard in the movie was originally a human but was then turned into a monster like lizard after he took some sort of formula. Isn't it possible that a similar formula could be made again or could have been already made and makes the Rhino. This could be a good movie but it it would be too similar to the first movie and each movie should have a different feel. Also the Amazing Spiderman video game had a similar story line so the chances of seeing Rhino isn't very likely but it would be cool.

5. The Vulture

I think the Vulture because the man in the end of the movie (although he had hair) looked old. The Vulture, along with the lizard, has been anticipated for a role in a spiderman movie since all the way back in 2007 when spiderman 3 was released. He was supposed to be in 'Spiderman 4' with Lizard, Carnage and possibly a new villain... the Vultures daughter!!! (that would have been so funny) So we have these facts but would the Vulture actually be good in a Spiderman movie? I think not on his own. Chuck him in with another villain and he might be alright but he's not that much of a threat to Spiderman.

Is he a worthy villain for the movie? What do you think?

4. Mysterio or Electro

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #3

I'v put these two together because there's no real reason why they should be put in the movie apart from being cool. Electro would be a cool villain in the movie but probably wont be very scary or interesting to viewers. Mysterio on the other hand, there's a lot you could do with him. Mysterio is an expert in special effects and stage illusions. Try tell me that wont be absolutely great in a movie. And if the writers kept all of spideys rouges alive for another few movies (preferably six) they could eventually make a sinister six movie.

So what do you think of Mysterio?

3. Green Goblin

Unlettered art from Thunderbolts

The Green Goblin is a very obvious choice obviously because of the famous storyline where Gwen Stacy is tragically killed by the green goblin. Its not confirmed (i dont think) whether there is going to be a third movie but if there is going to be one Norman Osborn is most certainly going to be flying around wearing a green mask in it. Think about it, why on earth would they put Gwen Stacy in a spiderman movie if they weren't planning on chucking her off a bridge. It is possible though that the producers might want to get this story over and done with so they can get onto new things (new love interests) but my thoughts are that since this will be so anticipated they will drag it out in the 3rd movie.

2. Jackal

Jackal
KAINE IS BORN!!

A lot of people are speculating that the mysterious figure at the end was in fact evil Dr. Miles Warren! The Jackal has a connection to both Peter and Gwen so it would make sense for him to be a part of the movie. You might not know an awful lot about the character so let me educate you. Miles was a professor at the school that Gwen Stacy attened. He grew a fondness for her but when Gwen died in the hands of the Green Goblin, Miles blamed Spiderman. Dr. Warren started putting Jackal DNA into his body as part of his experiments. He grew stronger and transformed into the Jackal. He hunted spiderman in an attempt to avenge Gwen. He also had suspicions that peter was spiderman and eventually found out spideys big secret. Him and Norman Osborn then created a more powerfull clone of Peter Parker which escaped. The clone was called Kaine.

The writers could recreate this origin so that it could take place before gwen's death. I think that it would be pretty cool if Jackal didn't turn into Jackal into a later movie but in this one creates Kaine, who would be the movies main villain. So theres no surprise number one on my list is...

1. Kaine

Amazing Spider-Man #610

So Kaine being number one doesn't mean he is most likely to appear in the movie. It just means he is the villain I would like to see the most. as I said before. Miles Warren could make a more powerful clone of Peter Parker which goes up against Spiderman. He could start off bad, being controlled by Miles Warren maybe, but in the end become good like he did in the comics. He could even have his own spin off 'Scarlet Spider' like he did in the comics.

What do you think?

So Kaine and Jackal are the two villains I want to see in 'The Amazing Spiderman 2' series. Whats yours? And If you liked this blog I will be soon posting a blog on what I think Marvel should do with their Amazing Spiderman franchise in the future.

#1 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7500 posts) - - Show Bio

Really want to see Electro on screen but I don't think the second movie would be right for him, Mysterio would really mix things up

#2 Posted by Mediumflyer7 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay: I can't see Electro being much of an interesting villain in a movie though

#3 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay said:

Really want to see Electro on screen but I don't think the second movie would be right for him, Mysterio would really mix things up

with really good special effects mysterio would be awesome

maybe a good carnage and venom

#4 Posted by Mediumflyer7 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtGamer: I think a Venom or Carnage cameo so soon after Spiderman 3 wouldn't make sense

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

Please be Electro.

#6 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mediumflyer7 said:

@ArtGamer: I think a Venom or Carnage cameo so soon after Spiderman 3 wouldn't make sense

yes, but this spiderman was a reboot and they can do a good venom, i don't like the spiderman 3 venom :/

because i don't see the rest of the villains in a movie, probably scorpion :/ or rhino but if they have a master mind villain behind

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12309 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Kaine is bit far fetched, the movie featured cross species genetics, not cloning. Although the actual "secret" of Peter Parker was never revealed, maybe it has some origin in cloning. I am seriously expecting Norman Osborne, the whole reason of most of the events on Connors part in the first film were due to finding a cure for Osborne...who was dying apparently. He will likely take some untested cure, become a green monstrosity, dress up in some crazy garb and fight Spidey...well I am hoping at least

#8 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

There are more goblins than just Norman

#9 Posted by VenomousDragon (843 posts) - - Show Bio

venom has his own movie so it would make sense but i think its too soon.

#10 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio or Venom. But Kaine would be interesting, just to soon right now.

#11 Posted by Retro_Metro (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Spencer Smythe & His Spider Slayers,Scorpion,Shocker,The Chameleon;

#12 Edited by Retro_Metro (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Spencer Smythe & His Spider Slayers,Scorpion,Shocker,The Chameleon;(Or The Death Of Jean Defwolf W/Daredevil [ They run into eachother some part in a major city one day ].(Only If Peter has the regular Black Suit not the Symbiote One) John Jameson/Manwolf (James Jonah Jameson 616's son.)

#13 Posted by Batmarcus (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Goblin (Death of Gwen Stacy), with an appearance of the black suit to set up for Venom in the last movie. That is what I want to see.

#14 Edited by abeyance (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Kaine in live action but his creation would bring the whole clone saga. I don't think live action films are ready for such a complex trilogy. It will most likely be the Vulture for the second movie and Norman Osborn will be introduced. I wonder if they will show hints of interest between Gwen and Norman. Anyway the Vulture can be the primary antagonist with someone like Rhino or Scorpion being a filler villain. The Green Goblin definitely needs to be in the third movie with the introduction of Mary Jane to rival Gwen for attention and Peter giving it after seeing Gwen's interest in Osborn. The third movie could end with Peter and dead Gwen falling into the water. Peter comes out with her body unaware black ooze has attached itself to his back.

#15 Posted by ComicStooge (9791 posts) - - Show Bio

Electro, please. Pretty please.

#16 Posted by Surkit (10950 posts) - - Show Bio

Green goblin and The Jackal

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Kraven get some spotlight.

#18 Posted by Shawnbaby (9355 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason why Spider-Man 3 sucked so much is because they rushed to bring Venom in. Using Venom or Kaine in Spider-Man 2 would be a huge mistake for exactly the same reason. Both of them need time to setup properly. Miles Warren started cloning Spider-Man because he blames him for Gwen Stacey's Death....so Gwen Stacey has to die first. Assuming she dies in the Sequel...Kaine could potentially be brought in for movie 3 (highly unlikely though since the general populace is not at all familiar with Kaine) .

Same should be said for Venom. Spidey should have the Symbiote suit for most of an entire movie before ditching it...for the cliffhanger ending you can show Brock getting the Symbiote for himself and then Venom gets to be the villain in the next movie.

#19 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

Electro or Mysterio for next whilst setting up Green Goblin for third. Plus you'd need Jackal before Kaine or same film and I feel 1 villain in a film gets more attention and makes the film better

#20 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT IT TO BE ELECTRO SO BAD. But please Marc Webb, have him get an interesting backstory and be a better villain than the Lizard was.

If not Electro, Mysterio would be REALLY interesting, It could also be hilarious, given Garfield's Spider-Man humor.

Electro and Mysterio would allow for a movie with the Spider-Man feel to be on an epic scale and have interesting, original backgrounds for the characers. (Unfortunately I doubt it's Mysterio, all the villains are supposed to circle around Oscorp so... I don't know)

#21 Posted by LexLuthor (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking it's time for Electro to get a shot.

If we were still in the Raimi Universe, I would be screaming for Mysterio.

Really not too hot on seeing Gobby again. Would love for all that to be a ruse with the ultimate villain in the Webb Spidey films actually being the Jackal.

Probably won't happen though. *sigh*

#22 Posted by Strafe Prower (11574 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven, Electro, or Scorpion would be ideal IMO.

#23 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you have to have a Green Goblin appearance eventually so might as well get it out of the way. But the ones I want to see most are;

1. Electro
  2. Mysterio
  3. Rhino
  4. Scorpion
  5. Shocker
  6. Hobgolblin
  7. Doppelganger (although have to come up with a new origin)
  8. Vulture
  9. Scarlet Spider (I know not an enemy, but I want to see him, of course change the clone origin, maybe make him someone that emulates Spiderman)
  10. Kraven
#24 Posted by Black_Claw (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a strong feeling Gobby is gonna show up in the next movie, Norman Osborns name was dropped to many time for him not to be. And Mysterio would be interesting but then again I don't see how I could take a guy with a crystal ball for a head seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.