Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

The Avengers Marvel Cinematic Universe? Marc Webb Spider-Man?

merdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By merdoo

With The Amazing Spider-Man getting released on Blu-ray/DVD November 9, earlier today I was able to sit down with director Marc Webb for an exclusive video interview. Webb recently signed on to direct the Spider-Man sequel and news broke this morning that Jamie Foxx is going to play the villain Electro, so the timing of this interview couldn’t have been better. During our wide ranging conversation we talked about his appreciation for Jamie Foxx, his thoughts on the financial success of the film, why he cut out certain scenes, how Peter Parker’s parents will be a serial element over the course of the trilogy (he said “I need to leave some juice for the second movie”), what kind of deal he made with 20th Century Fox to get to do the Spidey sequel, and more. In addition, with Webb hard at work on the sequel, he revealed why he wanted Electro as the villain, how Oscorp plays a big role in the Spider-Man universe, how they’re revising the Spider-Man suit, that they’re shooting entirely in New York City, they may use some new techniques for the 3D, but no matter what the sequel will be released in 3D, he is in a “testing phase” with IMAX, and I tried to find out how many villains will be in the film and how large a role Mary Jane Watson plays. Hit the jump for more. Since many of you like to read transcripts rather than video, here’s a few choice quotes followed by the time index of the interview and the video. If you have the time, I strongly suggest watching the video, as you can hear me attempt to get a lot of sequel news.
    JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Hell, man. I don't know.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TrueMarvel

Cap America was NEVER a father figure to Peter. That was tony. In the Civil War peter sided with Tony because of that. Peter relates to tony alot more than he ever did with cap. He saw cap as an icon and could never relate. He saw tony as a father figure and even donned a suit similar to his.

Not sure why you think Tony doesn't like spiderman. They are literally like father and son.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.