The Amazing Spiderman (Movie) and Ultimate Spiderman (Comic)

#1 Posted by thesilverbeatle (645 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else notice the similarities between the two?

#2 Posted by spiderwebspidersling (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I did. There were quite a few like Peter's dad being a scientist and all. It's weird that a movie called the AMAZING Spider-Man is a better adaptation of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics than the ULTIMATE Spider-Man cartoon show. Just shows how much of a fail the Ultimate Spider-Man show is.

#3 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

... Please don't speak of that awful show... Please...

#4 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderwebspidersling: you shall not be spoken to for a week for mentioning it. but yeah thats how marvel movies work. they base them more on ultimate universe because it was 'hip' and popular when it came out with a fresh take on characters. but dont worry. the comics will look the movies in the new marvel now.

#5 Posted by spiderwebspidersling (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god. I mean don't get me wrong, I really liked the Amazing Spider-Man movie and found the Rami trilogy enjoyable but what is it with marvel trying to make the comics like the movies. What they should be doing is making the movies like the comics. Just because "The Avengers" was a big hit doesn't mean regular movie goers are going to dive right into the comics because the liked the movie.

#6 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the point of the movie was to put Spider-Man in that Ultimate universe on the movie screen, since that's more of what the other Marvel movies are (like Avengers, and its prequels) so eventually Spidey can be an Avenger.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.