The Amazing Spider-Man Video Game Trailer

#1 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

this game looks pretty cool the graphics look pretty good

#2 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy to see they've gone back to the open-world setting. The last 2 Spidey games have been pretty average.

#3 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks as good as the other Spider-Man games that have been like that but massive robots in games just annoy me these days, same old same old.

#4 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

game looks good...too bad dc universe online is taking up all my gaming time.... come to think of it..the robots and the landscape reminds me of dcuo

#5 Edited by NightFang (10135 posts) - - Show Bio

The game looks okay I guess but what's the plot and who are the bosses?

#6 Posted by kennybaese (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

So Beenox is incapable of giving Spider-man something besides robots to fight then?

Meh, I enjoyed the last two Spidey games for what they were, but unless they can do something new with this one, I'll probably pass.

#7 Posted by TheMrBatrang (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty Amazing (:

#8 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised they didn't go with Spider-Island. It would have been more interesting than the clichéd killer robots.

#9 Posted by Dedpool (358 posts) - - Show Bio

That looked pretty damned cool! This may be Beenox's "Spiderman 2," their open world Spidey game that just blows everyone away. I remember playing Spidey 2 and being awestruck!

#10 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Blocked due to copyrights. :(

#11 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

So, it's Web of Shadows with robots this time.

#12 Posted by Mucklefluga (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

COPYRIGHTTTTTT D:

#13 Posted by G-Man (36782 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice: @Mucklefluga: Try it now. I switched players.

#14 Posted by Mucklefluga (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: Thanks :) It worked

OOOH Robots bet that was hard to come up with. This better have an amazing plot. The only good thing about the trailer was the graphics.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (20757 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh robots. How original. Beenox had better not muck up this like they did Edge of Time. Quite surprising given how good Shattered Dimensions was. In any case, a mixture of that and Spider-Man 2 in this game would be great IMO.

#16 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9185 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this and I have to say I am pretty excited to play the game

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33950 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why every one is complaining about robots, I mean what else can Spidy fight that would put up a challenge? 

#18 Posted by gavinification (83 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is definitely open world then I will certainly be getting it.

If its not open world I'll only probably get it.

#19 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

The trailer didn't convince me so much. Looks pretty average.

#20 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@hydrabob said:

Yeah... I hope they do something more.

@spiderbat87 said:

I don't know why every one is complaining about robots, I mean what else can Spidy fight that would put up a challenge?

Lots of stuff. Hell, for the purpose of the game, even thugs would work. Juiced Thugs, Thugs with powers, thugs with Cybernetics. The problem isn't the robot though, its the plot.

#21 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33950 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@hydrabob said:

Yeah... I hope they do something more.

@spiderbat87 said:

I don't know why every one is complaining about robots, I mean what else can Spidy fight that would put up a challenge?

Lots of stuff. Hell, for the purpose of the game, even thugs would work. Juiced Thugs, Thugs with powers, thugs with Cybernetics. The problem isn't the robot though, its the plot.

Do we even know the plot yet?
#22 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Well, from the trailer I gather that it is going to be Doc Ock who built some robots and they went crazy. The story may have another layer, but unless they do something crazy, this plot doesn't interest me...

#23 Posted by zombietag (1497 posts) - - Show Bio

really? the movie be a lot better than that

#24 Edited by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw this on Youtube. If it is open world and you can do whatever a spider can then I'm all for it but it should have something else other than robots for villains and additional quests. Graphics look good, gameplay looks smart for the boss fights with the ripping of the cords and taking it apart piece by piece deal, this could be the game we've been looking for. I just hope the combat isn't repetitive like it has been in the past.

#25 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad, but so far it still looks like just another run of the mill Spider-Man game. Nice graphics though.

#26 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this movie to bomb.

#27 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

really. another Spider-man game?

#28 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT A SUPERMAN GAME!!!

#29 Posted by ARMIV2 (8687 posts) - - Show Bio

Graphics look great, but I'm going to have to see more before I stop looking at this as "Spiderman vs Transformers".

#30 Posted by bloggerboy (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Looked good but the robot threat made me think Superman would be more suitable for it.

#31 Posted by Project_Worm (3461 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of people are saying it has good graphics... but it was basically all cut-scenes, which always look a bit better than the actual game play itself.

#32 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh...beside the movie's own awful new costume...

Activision and Beenox are promising an open world environment this time. So I'm sure it will sell well, and people will love it...but I'm already missing the more structured level-based titles.. (Shattered Dimensions still is my current favorite Spidey game)

#33 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, don't rush to judge the game. We have yet to see anything about the plot of the game and spidey's foes. And even though robots are not anything original, they are related to spider-man. I think that they are possibly spider-slayers... :)

#34 Posted by GREGalicious (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks promising and I really hope those are Spider-Slayers...

#35 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks Ok, but unless Josh Keaton is returning to voice the web head (which I doubt), I don't think it will be as good as Edge of Time, Web of Shadows or Ultimate Spider-Man. Still, it'll be nice to have freeroam again.

As for the robots, I originally thought it had something to do with the Spider-Slayers, but now I'm not so sure. Oh well, just have to wait for the game to see how good it is. At least it seems to be diverging from the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.