'The Amazing Spider-Man' Video Game Behind-the-Scenes Trailer

#1 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

First!

#2 Posted by Spidey_Guy1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Groovy graphics. Maybe I'll give it a spin. Get it? Huh huh?

#3 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2 (the game) was wonderful, I look forward to seeing if this is the next generation of that concept.

On a side note, what's the point of having the first post if you don't have anything to say?

#4 Posted by Chaos Burn (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greenflashlight: aw damn, i REEAALLY wanted to get first comment, i'm so dissapointed you beat me to it, it's totally mucked up by whole day

#5 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll buy it purely for the open world webslinging.

#6 Posted by ARMIV2 (7715 posts) - - Show Bio

For a movie-based game, this is looking really good.

I'm hoping we get alternate costumes.

#7 Edited by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool, Like Arkham City with sunshine.

Couldn't really tell, but he should have little joking comments and puns the whole gameplay

#8 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn: sorry just super board at work

#9 Posted by Inverno (12835 posts) - - Show Bio

They were going for the Spider-Man 2 route then

#10 Posted by Chaos Burn (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greenflashlight: s'ok, just nowadays posting 'first' anywhere gets you a lot of hate, i remember when it genuinely used to be a competition lol!

#11 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks great to me. Looks a lot like an updated Spider-Man 2. I'll never understand how Spider-Man gets such great movie games. It's the only franchise I can think of that does.

#12 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow really nice graphics. Really does remind me of Arkham Asylum/City.

#13 Posted by War Killer (19521 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks pretty awesome.

#14 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Can't believe all the comments trying to compare this to Arkham City - there nowhere remotely close.

The scale is different - the lighting is different and the gameplay is definitely different.

Looks more like a retooling of Spider-Man 2 (oh what short memories are).

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27710 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering this game is a movie tie-in it looks like Beenox have went all out on it, they seem to have put more effort in to this than they did Edge of Time! I'm exited for this.

#16 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Had it pre-ordered for ageesssss!

#17 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Considering this game is a movie tie-in it looks like Beenox have went all out on it, they seem to have put more effort in to this than they did Edge of Time! I'm exited for this.

They started developing this right after Shattered Dimensions, and had over half their development team working on it. That's why Edge of Time didn't exactly get the BEST treatment.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27710 posts) - - Show Bio
@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@spiderbat87 said:

They started developing this right after Shattered Dimensions, and had over half their development team working on it. That's why Edge of Time didn't exactly get the BEST treatment.

Aaah I'v been wondering about that, Shattered Dimensions was great but Edge of Time seemed to have been cobbled together from leftover scraps and it looks like they where really concentrating on this game 
#19 Posted by scroll (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh great, Looks like it has crappy web swinging. I hate when you can obviously tell he's not actually swinging from a building.

#20 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Aaah I'v been wondering about that, Shattered Dimensions was great but Edge of Time seemed to have been cobbled together from leftover scraps and it looks like they where really concentrating on this game

Yeah, people wanted a SD sequel, so they pretty much threw that one together. You gotta admit though, the story alone would have made a great movie(Direct to DVD obviously)

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27710 posts) - - Show Bio
@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Aaah I'v been wondering about that, Shattered Dimensions was great but Edge of Time seemed to have been cobbled together from leftover scraps and it looks like they where really concentrating on this game

Yeah, people wanted a SD sequel, so they pretty much threw that one together. You gotta admit though, the story alone would have made a great movie(Direct to DVD obviously)

Yea, I mean it wasn't a bad game, it just seemed like more of the same but with less variation 
#22 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably justjump off of buildings and run around, I love free-play games!

#23 Posted by Replicant0658 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I totally agree with you, the narrative was EASILY the best part of Edge of Time!

This game looks awesome and I'm definitely pre-ordering it first chance I get! Couldn't really tell but who's the voice actor? Would've been awesome if they'd gotten Josh Keaton again, that guy is my all time favorite Spidey!

#24 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Replicant0658: The guy doing Spidey's voice is Sam Riegel. He did Donatello's voice in the 03 version of the TMNT cartoon

#25 Posted by ravisher (605 posts) - - Show Bio

hope they add ultimate spiderman

#26 Posted by edtie97 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

The webs aren't really sticking to any buildings.

#27 Posted by Pokeysteve (7078 posts) - - Show Bio

@edtie97 said:

The webs aren't really sticking to any buildings.

My biggest problem with Spidey when they use him outside the comics. You can see instances like this in the movies too. Mainly at the end of number 2 after Oc goes down and he swings away off the crane. There isn't anything to stick for like half a mile in every direction.

#28 Posted by Danial79 (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooooooo excited for this game. I pre-ordered Lego Batman first though because I feel it will be a shorter game.

#29 Posted by Replicant0658 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: hmmmmm, what are our thoughts on this?

@Pokeysteve: TOOOOOOOTALLY agree with you, he was out in the middle of the freakin' ocean it seemed!!! The shot never sat right with me haha

#30 Posted by The Jeff (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd buy that for a dollar

#31 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Replicant0658: Personally I would've liked Josh Keaton to voice Spidey one more time.

#32 Edited by Solomonwreath (179 posts) - - Show Bio

it seems like this is a duplicate of the ultimate spiderman game. Though somewhat improved.

#33 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this game is fun. But I cannot understand why Beenox thinks anyone wants their hand held so much while gaming. The web rush essentially breaks down to: Automatically do what you had to work for in Spider-man 2. Point there and do a canned animation featuring fancy web swinging. But in SM2 you just had to practice and get good at the web swinging to pull off light pole swings and wall running. It was so satisfying to perform those moves when you had agency over the entire thing.

True though, everything else in the game was essentially broken. The voice acting was phoned in, the "random events" were repetitive and dull, and the AI was basically "run into fist" or "block like a brick wall". But the thing it did right was allowing users to choose their experience. You could select "easy swing" mode if you just wanted to have your hand held, or play with the full web mechanics for the gamers who would rather fail on their own than "win" with the game doing all the work.

#34 Posted by fluffypigeons (255 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks so freaking cool

#35 Posted by Mezmero (861 posts) - - Show Bio

The web swinging animation doesn't look right but that's because I keep expecting him to back flip after a straight swing. If I was Spider-Man I would always be back flipping. Combat looks like the Arkham Asylum games and the "web rush" looks like a Spider-Man version of Batman grappling to gargoyles. Sure it's much bigger in scale but those side missions look kind of tedious. Unless the story is amazing I don't see any reason to buy.

#36 Posted by TheHeat (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Must buy!

#37 Posted by FoxCircuit101 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks so AMAZING!!!!! The web slinging is incredible and the combat has some resemblance to the Arkham games. This game I should consider.

#38 Posted by PunyParker (7188 posts) - - Show Bio

Web-swinging kinda fun, but i don't trust the camera yet....i'll wait....

the combat...cheesy-slow....i don't know, not much movement(generally i mean....Spider-man moves a lot)

Visuals ok......and look....i don't have SO many problems with webs NOT sticking to walls or something,(besids in Spiderman WOS was happening the same.but everyone liked it...)but ,in a vid, i saw Spidey swinging ABOVE a park ABOVE tree level.....ok....c'mon.....at least make some exceptions in some areas....(again)c'mon.......

Voice actor.....nah! . i wanted Josh Keaton or someone already known, not this Sam "Donatello" Riegal guy.....but that's just me.....

AVERAGE:the game looks good,worth trying,please WAIT till you compare this to Spiderman 2 and Ultimate.....PLAY and then do the comparison....

Looking forward to it, anyway!

#39 Posted by JoeEddie (482 posts) - - Show Bio

Still do not like the fact that Scorpion looks like something that should be in a Resident Evil game

#40 Posted by Ugbug (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to wait to see the game properly, but he really should have to have a nearby tall building to attach a web to in order to swing. Can he jump off the top of the Empire State building and launch a web up out of camera somewhere and immediately swing? I hope not. Will have to see, most of the swinging in the demo seemed to be done at sub 10th floor level, so maybe there's some limit to where/when you can swing. But if he can swing all the way across central park it will completely bring me out of the game.

Otherwise the game looks great!

#41 Posted by PunyParker (7188 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ugbug: I hope it has a limit.....but i told ya....i saw a vid that te guy is swinging ABOVE a park....not Central Park, a small park.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.