Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

'The Amazing Spider-Man' Trailer Analysis & Breakdown

• 127 results
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#51  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Asok said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Asok said:

@goldenkey said:

@Asok:

what??? what other reptilian???

NON reptillian. At about 1:29 and 1:55 You can see that he doesn't have the pointy lizard snout.

That's not a "non" reptilian that is the Lizard.

Really? It doesn't really look like him, other than being green. No apparent scales, and he doesn't have a snout. He looks kind of like the Abomination from the 2008 Hulk movie, except without the protruding bones.

Lizard 
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Asok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Asok

@spiderbat87: Huh. I don't really like that design. I usually imagine something closer to the Ultimate Lizard:

No Caption Provided
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Asok said:

@spiderbat87: Huh. I don't really like that design. I usually imagine something closer to the Ultimate Lizard:

No Caption Provided
    Yea that was the original Ditko design but when they annonced that Liz was going to be the bad guy in ASM I hoped they had went with the SHED version, it looks cooler and the powers = bigger challenge. 
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#54  Edited By DATNIGGA

this seems like the ultimate spiderman... i guess we can expect the buff fire shooting green goblin

DoctorTrips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By DoctorTrips

@Masha2932: @Masha2932 said:

I prefer the idea of natural web shooting compared to the idea that peter uses web shooters. I mean where does he get the material for the high tensegrity web fluid. Also he's a student where does he find the money to procure the web fluid material. I like the idea that the webbing is natural and can be affected by his mood.

Spiders naturally produce webbing so why shouldn't spiderman?

Because if Spider-Man naturally produced webbing, they wouldn't shoot out of his hands, they'd spray out of his back end...which really wouldn't look good.

Besides it's a superhero movie, suspend your disbelief. He's going to be fighting a giant man lizard and hook up with Emma Stone; it's not real. Realism shouldn't be that big of an issue. Just have fun.

ninjasquirrel0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ninjasquirrel0

lol @ 'the untold story'

Michiel76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Michiel76

@G-Man: Do you think we'll soon see a return of Gwen Stacy in the comics now that she appears in the movie?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Michiel76 said:

@G-Man: Do you think we'll soon see a return of Gwen Stacy in the comics now that she appears in the movie?

She's still alive in the Ultimate Universe 
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

Not killing Uncle Ben would be plain stupid.

Unless he's already dead.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By ReVamp

This looks good. I mean good. I... I don't think I can see any other comic movie as well as this, haha.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#61  Edited By The Impersonator

@Mucklefluga said:

Is Lizard the only villain in this?

yep.

Michiel76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Michiel76

@spiderbat87 said:

@Michiel76 said:

I know, but since Peter isn't i don't think fans of the movie will pick that up to read about Spider-Man. So therefore the regular 616 has to appeal to new readers. Secondly Peter is kinda single in the regular MCU so it would be perfect to have Gwen show up again. Although the question is should Marvel actually bring back Gwen.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By The Mast

Bringing back Gwen stinks as an idea for many reasons, but you have to do the Oracle thinking.

There was no excuse for her to still be in a wheelchair...so is there any excuse for Gwen to still be dead? The dumb thing is that more deaths SHOULD stick, or stick for longer, but since they don't...

I think writers severely need to leave Peter's love life alone. Clearly M.J. works, and he's tried with others. Either M.J. or nothing in my opinion.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SexualLobster
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @SexualLobster: failed in your attempt to not sound like an ass. The Idea is to brake down the trailer which was done not brake down information from other sites.
    WolfMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By WolfMonkey

@fodigg: steampunk and clockwork are two different things. sure, clockwork is a facet of steampunk, but unless it's steam powered... not all clockwork is steampunk. those shooters werent steampunk

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SexualLobster

@spiderbat87: I'm aware..

But this is pretty misinformative.

Although I guess this breakdown is specifically about this trailer, the first trailer showed the Spiderbite. It also showed that Peter gets bitten at Oscorp, Peter's dad worked at oscorp, and shows he had some involvement with the Spider (assumed), this review implied that Peter's father was experimenting on Peter, which if you think about, is already explained vaguely.

And the info on George Stacy is easily accessed here on comicvine..

And I'm disapointed that it didn't mention the part I found most interesting. The green glowing thing with (assumed) the serum that turns Curt into the lizardat about 1:12 of the trailer, The Lizard has it on top of the tower with him at 2:10 of the trailer, one could infer that he intends to infect others?

Also, failed to mention that Spidey gets shot (likely a rubber bullet though).

ALSO when Peter is unmasked, it's by a white sleeve.. Resembling a certain iconic labcoat.. Leading me to believe that Curt catches him before he's fully transformed. And the trailer reveals that he does in fact change in stages--also not mentioned in the breakdown.

And George Stacy died saving a child from falling debris as a result of a battle with Doc ock, the tower thing that falls, do you think that may kill George? A stretch, but a theory.

And (using these words a shit ton) This Spidey's cracking jokes, I thought that was EXTREMELY important in seperating these films from Raimi's failures, while it isn't praised at all here, but the opposite.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#68  Edited By Gambit1024

Whatever happened to that Proto-Goblin thing? They bailed on that stupid idea I take it?

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By They Killed Cap!

This looks soooooooooo good

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By cattlebattle
    @SexualLobster said:

And I'm disapointed that it didn't mention the part I found most interesting. The green glowing thing with (assumed) the serum that turns Curt into the lizardat about 1:12 of the trailer, The Lizard has it on top of the tower with him at 2:10 of the trailer, one could infer that he intends to infect others?

I believe he does infect others 

There was toy playset that had Lizard SWAT team members in it......also the playset was a skyscraper set, not to dissimilar to the towers that are falling and where they fight at night time in the trailer....possibly the the end battle of the film
    SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SexualLobster

@cattlebattle said:

@SexualLobster said:

I believe he does infect others There was toy playset that had Lizard SWAT team members in it......also the playset was a skyscraper set, not to dissimilar to the towers that are falling and where they fight at night time in the trailer....possibly the the end battle of the film

Well, if I'm right I'm going to be proud of myself :p

you wouldn't happen to have a link to pictures or somehting of this toyset would you?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By cattlebattle
    @SexualLobster said:

@cattlebattle said:

@SexualLobster said:

I believe he does infect others There was toy playset that had Lizard SWAT team members in it......also the playset was a skyscraper set, not to dissimilar to the towers that are falling and where they fight at night time in the trailer....possibly the the end battle of the film

Well, if I'm right I'm going to be proud of myself :p

you wouldn't happen to have a link to pictures or somehting of this toyset would you?

I do.....I posted them here on this very site 

http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/amazing-spider-man-some-mild-spoilers-revealed-through-merc/92-647340/#14
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By Meteorite

In terms of Lizard design, Bachalos's (fairly) recent redesign has been pretty good, but I will always love McFarlane's classic design. I didn't mind the Lizard design from the Spider-Man 3 video game though, that could possibly work.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

G Man you are correct in your assumptions that getting hit in the head with a basketball isn't fun Congrats

TheReaper111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheReaper111

because nobody cares about the actor is he actually gonna have his mask on this time?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By fodigg

@King Quisling said:

@fodigg: Why on Earth should the Web-Shooters be steampunk!? Do you know what steampunk is?

@WolfMonkey said:

@fodigg: steampunk and clockwork are two different things. sure, clockwork is a facet of steampunk, but unless it's steam powered... not all clockwork is steampunk. those shooters werent steampunk

I'm aware what steampunk is. Seemingly pointless clockwork is a signature of the steampunk style, yes? Do you not see pointless clockwork on these webshooters?

Cause I sure do. It is reminiscent of that element of steampunk, as per my comment.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By difficlus

1.) There is no SHIELD in this movie, spider-man will not be related to avengers

2.) While it is possible his dad helped create the spider that gave him his powers to say he experimented on his own son is farrrr too stretched.

3.) No Conner and his father were experimenting on regrowing limbs IIRC. Remember conner has only 1 arm. at the same time lizards are able to regrow their tails, so its probably some regeneration experiment. This seems to be the more likely case

4.) The equation peter helped Conner finish was probably to finish his father's research on regeneration. Something probably went wrong as it always or Conner decided to play with it himself

5.) Those dials on the web shooter are probably for the type of web he wants to spin or something along that line.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By difficlus

@spiderbat87 said:

@Michiel76 said:

technically its a clone...

MOONGREY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By MOONGREY

@fodigg said:

I didn't notice it in the trailer, but the still of the webshooters clearly shows brass clockwork pieces in the background. I am, not fond of that. The webshooters shouldn't be "steampunk."

good point

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @difficlus said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Michiel76 said:

technically its a clone...

Not a clone, an exact duplicate, apparently there's a difference. 
    Avatar image for allmightyjackson
    AllmightyJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AllmightyJackson

@InnerVenom123 said:

You're right dude I love a dead Uncle Ben

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82  Edited By InnerVenom123

@AllmightyJackson said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

You have excellent taste in avatars.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm really impressed by all Iv'e seen in the breakdown as well as the video proper. This movie can't come soon for me, in my opinion.

GokaiFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GokaiFire

I wonder if they will kill Gwen in this film.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#85  Edited By RedOwl_1

Hell, more time I think about it, more I die for see it

Also

But if you look carefully, you'll notice Peter has a different hood (how many hoodies does he own?) and Flash has a different top on as well.

C'me on I'm a teenager and I have like 6 hoodies and that isn't much, Hoods are like Batman you can't get tired of them

Avatar image for allmightyjackson
    AllmightyJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By AllmightyJackson

@InnerVenom123 said:

@AllmightyJackson said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

You have excellent taste in avatars.

Thank you man :-)

notarandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By notarandomguy

In case you haven't notice cause almost no one has dig into the ultimates universe since ultimatum, every marvel movie except for the X-Men for obvious reason, (forget Hulk that was stupid, the second one was better) anyhow every resent Marvel movie is an amalgam of both universes in attempt to make a good adaptation, like Thor for example or iron man the designs of the suit and the armor, the story, and captain america, they used every suit they could get, in fact the used 3 different suits, the original, the current one and one that looked a lot like the ultimate captain america, besides the obvious part that Nick is the Ultimate version, the upcoming avengers movie has more avengers that what it looks like but if you ever read the ultimates you notice that the avengers in the avengers movie are kinda like Fury's first team of ultimates.

What I'm trying to say is that in order to have a good adaptation, they've been using elements of each universe, you might see in the movie that this is like when you mix up spectacular and amazing Spiderman. Is not like DC that goes completely random and comes out with crap except for Both, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I expect to see a decent man of steel when if comes out if you know what I mean.

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By xanthiss

Why is the Lizard a weird choice as villain?

Punisher007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Punisher007

This actually looks good.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By fivestarga

Everybody needs to calm down, this looks amazing! I think the trailer alone tops the original trilogy.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

@Masha2932: did u watch the trailer? he finds his dads satchel/notes/vials on genetics &other experimental nano materials.. &improvises his own lowbudget version possibly with the help of Connors or borrowed university lab equipment

we keep forgetting Parkers a genius.. in the comics Richards hypothesises that without his combative nature &consistantly dire financial situations he would have been one of the premier scientists if that era (basically if his mom dad hadnt died he'd ave ended up in the Baxter Building)

the shooters are part of original comic lore and an important part of his character development &limitations.. besides theres no reason he cant (as in the comics) evolve the ability down the road.. its already been established he is at a midway point &the final stahe of his spider mutation is as yet unknown.. hopefully these new movies will flesh that out

THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

@fodigg: dude that has nothing to do with or in any way even slightly resembles steampunk.. ask anyone on here or search the definition

(plus its kinda in the name)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @THEBlaqueBasterd said:

@fodigg: dude that has nothing to do with or in any way even slightly resembles steampunk.. ask anyone on here or search the definition

I kinda agree with Fodigg, it kinda looks like clockwork web shooters
    soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By soccersss

The trailer looks very promising. Spidey is cracking jokes again. I love that. I wonder what they are going to do with Captain Stacy. Would he later on approve of Spider-man actions or/and would he die in this movie. The casting already looks better than the previous trilogy. From what I can make out of the plot in the trailer, this is going to be a pretty good movie. This year is going to be a great year for comic book movies

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#95  Edited By fodigg

@THEBlaqueBasterd said:

Clockwork has "nothing" to do with Steampunk? Methinks you're eschewing Steampunk aesthetic in favor of an arbitrarily narrow definition which only includes things powered by steam.

Which really, doesn't make much sense, because then how would any of those "Steampunk cosplay" outfits actually work? You can't have a steam-powered jacket, but you can certainly throw some clockwork and brass on Victorian-era dress. That style is very much a part of Steampunk. By your definition the vast, vast majority of things labeled "Steampunk" wouldn't qualify.

The webshooters aren't Victorian, certainly, but the pointless clockwork behind it are readily comparable to Steampunk style. Hence my comment.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Sammo21

@InnerVenom123: its confirmed he does die as their are on set shots of him laying on the ground shot and Peter kneeling next to him.

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

@fodigg: They aren't steampunk its called mechanism you know....somethings do still work off of small cog mechanisms. In no way does his web shooters look steampunk they actually look like a high school nerds attempt at making legit web shooters.

Aarny2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Aarny2

It wasn't a very good trailer. Especially since it showed us the main beats of the film.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Damn, it seems so different. I'm impressed.

THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chibi-Iroh: thankkkkk youuuu!!!! lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.