Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

TASM2 Costume MAJOR SPOILER

Funkypanda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkypanda123
    JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By JimTheSurfer

I love the new costume. Looks like a qualititive made costume and already gives a feel, that Spider-man in the next movie is going to be much more experienced, proffesional 'n stuff.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

THERE'S A FIGHT SCENE IN THE MOVIE? NO WAI! :P

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

Okay, the new costume is good. But it won't be able to save the horrible actor they have for Spidey.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueMarvel

@TheCannon:

You actually think hat?! Wow. Tobey shared absolutely no traits of the comicbook peter parker. The only think he did right was look like peter did pre-spider bite. Garfield is the better actor in ever way.

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gridde

I think the new costume looks great. It's the first time a movie-version of the Spidey costume has some real personality to it; the previous masks looked a little too cold.

@TheCannon said:

Okay, the new costume is good. But it won't be able to save the horrible actor they have for Spidey.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions, but wow. I'm kinda curious to know who you think would have been better suited for the role.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@gridde said:

I think the new costume looks great. It's the first time a movie-version of the Spidey costume has some real personality to it; the previous masks looked a little too cold.

@TheCannon said:

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions, but wow. I'm kinda curious to know who you think would have been better suited for the role.

Yeah because no one can do better than Garfield.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCannon

@gridde: @BlueLantern1995: I don't know who should of been cast, but it should of been someone good. Garfield wasn't even acting, he just said his lines and collected his check. While there were definitely people better suited to play Spidey than Toby, at least he was trying.

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gridde

Interesting analysis. I thought his quipping while in-costume was perfectly in line with the comics' Spider-Man, but I can definitely see why people would dislike that if they're more used to Maguire's super-subdued approach. To each their own.

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@gridde said:

Yeah because no one can do better than Garfield.

Not really what I was implying, but thanks anyway.

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kuma_far

@TheCannon: Garfield is Awesome

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCannon

@kuma_far: I haven't seen him in anything other than ASM. So he may be a great actor. But as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, he was just terrible in every way possible.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#12  Edited By BlueLantern1995

You know, you don't hear people bashing Tobey Maguire's performance on topics meant to praise the original films. So don't go on topics meant for his movies and bash him.

If you want to talk about Spider-Man then I will say this, Maguire was below par as Spider-Man. In fact all the cast were out of character. Do I enjoy and love the films? Yes. Are they Spider-Man and cast? No.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueMarvel

@BlueLantern1995 said:

You know, you don't hear people bashing Tobey Maguire's performance on topics meant to praise the original films. So don't go on topics meant for his movies and bash him.

If you want to talk about Spider-Man then I will say this, Maguire was below par as Spider-Man. In fact all the cast were out of character. Do I enjoy and love the films? Yes. Are they Spider-Man and cast? No.

The only person casted completely corret was maybe May parker, Ben Parker, and J.J.J.

everyone else was sucky

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.