Symbiote Spidey

#1 Posted by Flatulous (7 posts) - - Show Bio

What's this? Spider-Man has no topics yet? Well...I'm going to have to start one proclaiming the awesomeness that is Symbiote Spidey. I have most of the Web of Spider-Man series up to 28! So...what are your thoughts on the symbiote? Also, how do you feel about how it is portrayed in the movie?
Post Edited:2006-12-13 21:58:44

#2 Posted by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda worried that Venom won't get much play in the movie. It seems weird that Marvel originally showed him at the end of the new trailer (as seen in the rough cut floating around the web) then decided to not show him. With Sandman, Gwen, Peter's inner turmoil, will there be enough time for him? Really wished they went with the true look rather than just "spray painting" his old costume black.

Staff
#3 Posted by Flatulous (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm with you on the "spray painted" look. I really want to see a sleek looking symbiote suit. According to most speculation, Venom will only get slight airplay near the end. I suppose he is going to be the main villain in Spider-Man 4, if it ever gets produced. Adding Venom as a teaser just doesn't seem right to me, though. I want to see him in all his full-length featured glory!

#4 Posted by Greigh (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom and Carnage are my two favorite spider-man villians. It will suck if they don't make a Spider-man 4. I wanna see venom!

#5 Posted by venomjr (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom will probably figure prominantly in Spider-Man 4, if it gets made. Even if it doesn't, I still like the look of Symbiote Spidey.

#6 Posted by Valiant Paladin (36 posts) - - Show Bio

"With Sandman, Gwen, Peter's inner turmoil, will there be enough time for him?"

don't forget Harry going all goblin-y! And I'm still waiting for Bruce Campbell to show up as Mysterio at the beginning of the movie!

#7 Posted by Zombie Boy (35 posts) - - Show Bio

dont get me wrong, i am very excited about the 3rd film. and no doubt venom will be awesum on the big screen, but i just dont think venom and carnage are the as great as everyone makes them out to be. I really do like them, i just dont think they themselfs are great characters. sure they are cool characters, but eddie himself is a weak character who, im my opinion didnt get a true motivation for wanting to kill spiderman till like a year ago (turns out he had cancer) and yeah carnage is cool but hes just a crazier vemon.

the point is spidey has some really cool villians... and i feel as if most people dont even care to think about them.That being said, Venom will make a great character for the movies because he is so visual. and i am excited

sorry for the rant

#8 Posted by redzone (19 posts) - - Show Bio

i just like to know how the movie version will intoduce the symbiote. most comic fans know that spiderman got his costume in the secret wars. but i imagine that would take to long to explain in a movie.

#9 Posted by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking they'll go the way they did in the cartoons. John Jameson will probably accidentally bring it with him from some space mission.

I'd love to see a Secret Wars movie. Or at least an animated one.

Staff
#10 Posted by Teh_Exploder (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Venom will jut be intro'ed in this one but will be featured prominatley in 4.

#11 Posted by Sononsj-Man (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love if it ended with a "Honey... I'm home" scene like in ASM #299 or something along those lines and BAM! you have the back story for SM4.

#12 Posted by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#13 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Comic_Vine/venom.jpg"

HOLY

CRAP

Staff
#14 Posted by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

You should try to find the rough unfinished trailer that this is from. It's pretty eerie with the bell ringing and Topher turning into Venom.

Staff
#15 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Kiltdude (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I like venom as much as Vulture, Doc Ock, Mysterio, and on and on. Spidey has alot of history to fall back on. However if they try to put too much into the third one, I think it will suffer from some of the same problems as X-3. Don't get me wrong I liked the movie in some ways but it kinda fell flat in others. More bang for your buck isn't allways a good thing, and I kinda like to see why the characters are going the way they are instead of half answered questions because the producer wasn't sure how to run with it. Sam has done a good job on the first two and I'm sure he won't let us down with this one, and hey even if Venom only has 10 minutes screen time or less, I bet it'll be well played.

#17 Posted by Shirizaan (45 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I'm thinking they'll go the way they did in the cartoons. John Jameson will probably accidentally bring it with him from some space mission.I'd love to see a Secret Wars movie. Or at least an animated one."

You think they'll do the Jameson retelling? I've thought it might be possible that they'd do the Venom origin story from the Ultimate universe... Also, seconded on the Secret Wars movie, but I doubt it will ever happen.

#18 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Persoally, i think they should get rid of Sandman

#19 Posted by Shirizaan (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Starshield says:

"Persoally, i think they should get rid of Sandman"

Seconded.

#20 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

brand van hel says:

"of corse the comics version rocks. love all those silly symbiote and their destructive ways, brings a tear to my eyes. but yeah if they only tease us with it and we have to wait ANOTHER 2-3 FLIPPING YEARS(YEAH THATS RIGHT I SAID FLIPPING SO DEAL WITH IT) then everyone will be pissed and i think alot of people won't bother with part 4. espically since ol' toby mcguire is getting on his years and it won't be as believable as before that he is still young and just in his 20's"

Maybe it will just become Spider- Man, The Senior Years

#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they need to give spiderman a synthetic symbiote that doesnt effect the user like the others thanks to reed richards advances in science.

#22 Posted by Erik (32812 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"i think they need to give spiderman a synthetic symbiote that doesnt effect the user like the others thanks to reed richards advances in science."
Here you go:

#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"DEGRAAF said:
"i think they need to give spiderman a synthetic symbiote that doesnt effect the user like the others thanks to reed richards advances in science."
Here you go:

"
what is this?
#24 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"erik said:
"DEGRAAF said:
Here you go:

"
what is this?"
i think it is unlimited spiderman
#25 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

but is he wearing a symbiote that doesnt control him or just a different suit

#26 Posted by Erik (32812 posts) - - Show Bio

It is from the Unlimited Spider-Man cartoon. It is a nanite suit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.