Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Superior Spider-man: Son of Amazing?

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By soduh2

Might have already been theorized, sorry for possible double post.

There are two Ben Parkers II and a Richard Parker II who are the alternate universe sons of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Maybe through some time travel craziness that may be the Superior Spider-Man.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Benjamin_Parker_(Earth-9997)

This other one even has claws

http://marvel.wikia.com/Ben_Parker_(Earth-688)

Richard Parker from house of M might be a possibility as well.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Richard_Parker_(Earth-58163)

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By soduh2

Because Gwen stacy is his mom, there isn't any Back to the future type craziness between him and Mary Jane.

Edit:

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BigMaraSpence

If Superior SM isn't Peter Parker (I swear I hear that Slott said it isn't him, but then that quote was taken out of context so its more metaphorical than literal, and blah blah blah), then I really hope that it isn't someone from an alternate dimension. Don't throw in wormholes or time travel just for shock value. Hell, I would rather see Alpha come back and take the mantle than even O'Hara.

Besides, if it really isn't Peter, the mobs will gather to these boards and roast Slott until Marvel forces him to bring Pete back due to horrible sales.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrimsonCake

@BigMaraSpence said:

If Superior SM isn't Peter Parker (I swear I hear that Slott said it isn't him, but then that quote was taken out of context so its more metaphorical than literal, and blah blah blah), then I really hope that it isn't someone from an alternate dimension. Don't throw in wormholes or time travel just for shock value. Hell, I would rather see Alpha come back and take the mantle than even O'Hara.

Besides, if it really isn't Peter, the mobs will gather to these boards and roast Slott until Marvel forces him to bring Pete back due to horrible sales.

That would be awesome.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @BigMaraSpence said:

It definitely isn't Peter, that was confirmed at NYCC
    BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BigMaraSpence

@Jonny_Anonymous: I keep hearing that, and that Slott was misquoted. I feel like, short of calling him up personally, I can't get a definitive answer.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@CrimsonCake: No

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrimsonCake

@Duke_Nasty said:

@CrimsonCake: No

Ok maybe no but that would be interesting.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @BigMaraSpence said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: I keep hearing that, and that Slott was misquoted. I feel like, short of calling him up personally, I can't get a definitive answer.

They said at the spider-man panel at NYCC that it definitely wasn't Peter, it wasn't just Slott that said it but also the editor. it wasn't a misquote 
    BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BigMaraSpence

@Jonny_Anonymous: Thanks for clearing that up then. Been bashing my head against the wall all week!

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By soduh2

@BigMaraSpence said:

I'd rather it would at least be a relative of some sort. Alpha didn't even have a long enough story arc to warrant taking up the Spider-man mantle.

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BigMaraSpence

@soduh2: I entirely agree. I'm just saying that using a plot device like time travel seems to be a cheap way out.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lamenoire

@Jonny_Anonymous: yeah but he loves misdirection. Even in the solicits when he told us that it was Curt Connors who would defeat the new lizard...

And afterwards he explained that the system of solicitation 3 month ahead make misdirection something that you have to use to surprise readers.

I guess Peter is changed because of something (mutation, death of someone...). but my money is either on Kaine or on Ben Reilly

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Onemoreposter

Doesn't Pete have a real "in continuity" son from the Clone Saga that just sort've got forgotten about?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Lamenoire

@Jonny_Anonymous: yeah but he loves misdirection. Even in the solicits when he told us that it was Curt Connors who would defeat the new lizard...

And afterwards he explained that the system of solicitation 3 month ahead make misdirection something that you have to use to surprise readers.

I guess Peter is changed because of something (mutation, death of someone...). but my money is either on Kaine or on Ben Reilly

Thats true but its not Kain as his says he will be dealing with the new Spider-Man
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By PunyParker

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno!

SuperStarKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SuperStarKirby

@Lamenoire: Not only that but cleverly, in interviews he's been saying that you'd get a new person writing Spider-Man - Dan Slott. He used that to separate the dark/light sides of his writing.

AD47575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AD47575

Doc Ock is blackmailing Peter into committing crimes in exchange for MJ's or someone's life. Peter obliges. When Peter asks for MJ,s life back, It's revealed Norman Osborn (it looks like the green goblin on the latest 700 variant) is pulling the strings and has been blackmailing otto so ock can have some kind of antidote for himself. Then it is revealed Norman was lying. Ock and spidey have to team up to kill Norman who becomes the Green Goblin once more. Gobby easily defeats the other two. spidey and ock have to create some kind of dimensional portal to get Miguel O Hara from the 2099 universe and Flash venom. They confront Gobby. Doc Ock dies when spidey could have saved him effortlessly. It drives Peter insane. Flash is killed (yep !). Norman Osborn is mortally wounded but escapes. The symbiote bonds with Peter turning him into an insane villain. Miguel is trapped in the past and has to become Spiderman!!! The first arc is called Hero or Menace so Miguel has to deal with the reputation spidey has got because of the crimes Peter was doing for ock. Then in another arc, Miguel and Peter Venom fight, symbiote escapes, Peter retires, gets together with MJ, BND rent conned, Miguel kills someone, Peter has to take the mantle like KnightQuest again, have fight Miguel Merges with venom symbiote and Peter transferrs him back to 2099. Then a new 2099 series starts, with a new spidey for that time period.

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By cc1738

@AD47575: That scenario is retarded.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By mewmdude77

@AD47575: I was with you until Flash got killed and the symbiote bonded with Peter. It just gets crazy from there.

AD47575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AD47575

@cc1738: ha ha it could work rfom the beginning bit though!

AD47575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AD47575

@mewmdude77: yeah but the new 700 variant shows the green goblin. im probably wrong, but im sure osborn will be back!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.