Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Superior Spider-Man's downfall

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Otto's action will lead to a future where he rules the Earth. Peter's daughter comes out of hiding to defeat him by going back in time to destroy the octobot before it has the chance to switch Peter's mind for Dr. Ock. Just like Thor's timeline where he rules the Earth for its own good til he realized that he made a very bad mistake. Mayday Parker will be Spock's Achilles’ heel. Do you agree?

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

Baron_BJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

QFT.

Also, this sort of story won't happen because the fallout would be impossible to really handle. SSM directly affects a number of different books (for example, the Kingpin being forced into hiding in #14, Kingpin being a major villain for Daredevil and currently he's going up against Wolverine in one of his solo series). Have you ever heard of the concept of the butterfly effect? Marvel would have to scrap the story of almost every single book they've put out since the Marvel NOW! reboot to allow for this idea and that is not going to happen.

Grade: F--

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_bj said:

@lvenger said:

QFT.

Also, this sort of story won't happen because the fallout would be impossible to really handle. SSM directly affects a number of different books (for example, the Kingpin being forced into hiding in #14, Kingpin being a major villain for Daredevil and currently he's going up against Wolverine in one of his solo series). Have you ever heard of the concept of the butterfly effect? Marvel would have to scrap the story of almost every single book they've put out since the Marvel NOW! reboot to allow for this idea and that is not going to happen.

Grade: F--

It's no different from Thor's rule of the Earth, or the affect of the Age of Ultron which was set in an alternate future timeline. And the timeline does always connect to Earth-616. So Mayday(Venom) could travel back in time and stop prevent the mind transfer between Spidey and Otto from ever happening, which could make SSM an alternate storyline.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about no.

Seems a bit much.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

yea a little to confusing i bet Slott is still trying to make a good way for Parker to come bck too after seeing all the hate towards Ock

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Let's leave the actual writing of the comics to the writers shall we? Minus 5 stars.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

This confuses me.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darthfury78

@mezmero: No one likes the idea of Spock ruling the world in an alternate future timeline like Age of Ultron or AoA? This bring forth Mayday(Venom) into this storyline where she battles Spock, and finally comes to the decision that she must go back in time to prevent Dr. Ock from talking over Peter's body. Currently, Peter's soul is in Hell, in the hands of Mephisto as part of the OMD deal to make his marriage to MJ forgotten in exchange for his soul.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Currently, Peter's soul is in Hell, in the hands of Mephisto as part of the OMD deal to make his marriage to MJ forgotten in exchange for his soul.

Someone didn't read OMD.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mezmero: Yeah, leave it to the professionals, like Slott for example, right? :p

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthfury78

@phaedrusgr said:

@mezmero: Yeah, leave it to the professionals, like Slott for example, right? :p

I am leaving it to the professionals. If I was working at Marvel, I would push this idea to the editors and writers. But I never said that I would write it, did I? Besides, I already ask Dan Slott this question. Here is what I said to him and his response to my question:

My Question:

Hi Dan,

I would love to see Superior Spider-Man story last for at least 3-5 years as Superior Spider-Man is not even half way towards ending. Do you envision a the final arc of the story that takes place in the future where he rules the Earth; and his daughter[Mayday(Venom, Earth-9997] comes out of hiding to challenge him. If not, do you see her going back in time to prevent the mind transfer between her father and Dr. Octavius from ever happening. Just like a similar storyline where Thor rules the Earth and realized that he made a huge mistake, thus he goes back in time to change the course of his destiny, thereby losing his wife(Amora) and his son(Magni). Here is a overview of that story:

Rule of Thor

In an alternate future, where Thor conquers Earth seemingly for its own good, Amora the Enchantress marries Thor and they produce a child, Magni. This Enchantress and the entire future are neutralized when Thor realizes he has been acting without honor and travels back in time to warn his past self

I would love to see a storyline where Superior Spider-Man rules the world in the same manner as Thor had done. Could you see something like this happening?

Dan Slott's response:

Hi.

I don't mean to be mean, but legally I can't look at other people's pitches or story ideas. It's nothing against you. It's just an overall policy. Thanks.

Therefore, Dan Slott agrees with all of you. :-(

My idea will never happen. Me and my big mouth. :-(

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool69
    darklydreamingdeadpool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: good thing too that was a immature thinking and plot because if peter parker's daughter went back in time to stop the transfers it would null all the superior spiderman comics and it will piss off lots of serious fans of the comic series that followed all the comics only to be told later all of those comics never happened. I genuinely love SpOck he is the more active crime fighter rather then just a passive wait for crime to happen peter parker.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

So Slott (and presumably other writers) can't legally look at pitches and story ideas. That explains why Gail Simone said on her Tumblr that she's not allowed to read fan-fiction.

If nothing else, this thread provided that fun-fact.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think the idea could be fun and intresting but like otherz said. It would complicate continuity. I still wouldn mind reading it though.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: good thing too that was a immature thinking and plot because if peter parker's daughter went back in time to stop the transfers it would null all the superior spiderman comics and it will piss off lots of serious fans of the comic series that followed all the comics only to be told later all of those comics never happened.

So, kindof like One More Day, except instead of selectively undoing 20+ years of continuity it undoes a single bad story-arc.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think peter is dead. I think he got switched with a clone after spider island, and that's who doc ock killed. peter will come back and kick otto's ass, and take his life back.

at least that's how I would write it

Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Well I don't really know? But Whatever happens Pete's gonna have to fix a lot of stuff in city!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Well I don't really know? But Whatever happens Pete's gonna have to fix a lot of stuff in city!

Nope.RRRRRRRRREBOOT!!!!

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that sounds really interesting, but only as a non-canon limited series or something. The ripples it would have in every other series is too great to account for. But the other day, I had a really interesting idea (maybe):

Personally I love SpOck, but I recognize we need Peter back. But then we woul lose SpOck, or at least the dynamic he had before (which I really enjoy.) After the events of Age of Ultron, anything seems possible. What if they resurrected Peter Parker somehow, but it was ULTIMATE Peter Parker, and they brought him to the normal universe... Then we'd have a younger Peter, and we keep SpOck, and we keep Miles in the Ultimate universe.

I don't know how it would work out, we'll need normal Peter back eventually, but I think that would be a very interesting outcome. (So many opportunities with character interactions and such.) Just a thought that came to me yesterday!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightcrawler358:

I did mentioned that the timeline would be an Alternate Universe where he rules the Earth. And Mayday(Venom) comes out of hiding to head into a time portal to prevent the mind transfer from ever happening. And this could be the timeline where OMD never happened. And Peter and MJ just separated. Although MJ and Aunt May do die along the way, Spock had no idea that Peter had a child to begin.

danatblair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By danatblair

@darklydreamingdeadpool69 said:

@darthfury78: good thing too that was a immature thinking and plot because if peter parker's daughter went back in time to stop the transfers it would null all the superior spiderman comics and it will piss off lots of serious fans of the comic series that followed all the comics only to be told later all of those comics never happened. I genuinely love SpOck he is the more active crime fighter rather then just a passive wait for crime to happen peter parker.

Yeah, imagine how annoyed I'd be if I was a Peter Parker fan since the 80's who suddenly got told his marriage to MJ never happened

.And imagine how disappointed I be if the guy I read since childhood went out a selfish whimpering victim.

Yeah, those would have been insulting. I am so glad that Marvel didn't do either.

Sarcasm aside, you should count yourself lucky Marvel is doing this and not DC. They tend to let things actually kinda sorta stick, for better or for worse. However, if you feel Superior fans have some special privileged to not be annoyed by future story events that would cheapen the stories they liked, you are mistaken.

I am not sure exactly how it will be undone. I just am fairly certain it will be undone. I don't expect the conclusion to be satisfying, but it will eventually hit.

@Kriminal

the spider-island idea is possible. But it may just be a clone that replaces Sp-ock. The are trying to say this is permanent, so pulling a clone saga 2 would be a way to bring back a version of peter while not undoing the arc directly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.