Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

superior spider-man- like or dislike ?

• 61 results
    RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ok as much as i like peter as spidey were everthing goes wrong for him and he always gets the short end of the stick in life and you can relate to him. plus his wisescrakin is just too much fun. but i do like superior spidey because he goes in and kicks butt. he is a better spiderman as villians will actually fear him. otto doesnt hold back and wins. peter is too good and never used his powers to the max- as much as love classic spidey he is a push over while otto gets the job done- otto spidey has become the equal to dc's batman. so i do enjoy the superior spiderman.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Huge dislike. I've been writing about it in many threads in C.V., so I don't want to repeat myself over and over again. But I felt like making such a statement again, haha.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Mega dislike. I prefer my Spider-Man of the friendly neighborhood variety. Truthfully I think Otto is just as bad as the villains he fights if not worse. If I want to read an anti-hero Spider-Man I'll stick with Kaine.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've had over 50 years of Parker Spiderman, it's about time for a change.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Dislike. I cant and never will consider Otto to be a hero.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like, of course.

slimchin23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By slimchin23

Like, hes doing a way better job at being Spider-Man then Peter will ever be. But i do miss Parker's cheesy joke's.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

ok as much as i like peter as spidey were everthing goes wrong for him and he always gets the short end of the stick in life and you can relate to him. plus his wisescrakin is just too much fun. but i do like superior spidey because he goes in and kicks butt. he is a better spiderman as villians will actually fear him. otto doesnt hold back and wins. peter is too good and never used his powers to the max- as much as love classic spidey he is a push over while otto gets the job done- otto spidey has become the equal to dc's batman. so i do enjoy the superior spiderman.

yes because Batman is totally a psychotic killer who steals peoples bodies and tries to freak their girlfriends.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jimmie_Hudson_

i find it surprising how some users love doom, joker, magneto, and other villains to the point they want them to have their owb series. but superior spider is terrible because it is a out a villain and or anti villain.

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By inkBot

Doom. Joker and Magneto were already villains, though.

Dislike from me. For several reasons I've already talked about to death.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i find it surprising how some users love doom, joker, magneto, and other villains to the point they want them to have their owb series. but superior spider is terrible because it is a out a villain and or anti villain.

a Joker/Doctor Doom/Magneto series isnt the same as a Spider-man series is it? the people who complain about do so because Ock is doing it in Spider-man's mantle and body.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#

Random fact the Joker and Doom(sorta) have had their own series. Bet you didn't know that.

The problem I have with superior is that it constantly bashes Amazing and the characters being morons. Superior 9 in particular. Even if Peter does come back It'll be Brand New Day all over again.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dislike

Turning one of the most likable heroes into a unlikable douche pisses me off. Thank God this stupid premise isn't going to last long.

Also anyone who makes comparison to superior spider-man to batman, is a f**king moron.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By danhimself

@frogdog said:

Dislike

Turning one of the most likable heroes into a unlikable douche pisses me off. Thank God this stupid premise isn't going to last long.

Also anyone who makes comparison to superior spider-man to batman, is a f**king moron.

dude there is absolutely no reason to call people names and insult other users

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Like but it's not something I want to stick around forever

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dislike

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

If what I just saw about the whole "Superior Six" thing on the front of CV is true, then I have a feeling my opinion on this book will change greatly. I've let a lot of stuff slide with Slott, but that's not just bad writing. That's really freaking bad writing. I mean, everyone would have to be taking stupid pills to not see what's happening there.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt:

Don’t forget imprison criminal and mind control them in order to fight for him.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I'm sick and tired of the superior spider-man/batman comparisons, when those two characters are bloody opposites of each other.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: it is a horrible comparison...they are actually very far apart and I don't see where someone would come up with that but still you shouldn't let yourself get mad enough to call someone a "f**king moron"

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUPER ULTRA MEGA MEGA LIKE

Because I like to even out the scores when it comes to people adding extra words in front of their answer.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because I like to even out the scores when it comes to people adding extra words in front of their answer.

you make it sound like some kind of fight/contest.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke said:

ignore him. He's obviously a troll, i've only seen him post annoying stuff on comic vine threads.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jasonhawke

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@jasonhawke said:

ignore him. He's obviously a troll, i've only seen him post annoying stuff on comic vine threads.

Annoying in what way?

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DISLIKE

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Dislike. I liked it at first, but it got boring.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

it's okay.

I liked it in the beginning but once Peter's consciousness left, I dropped it

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After 20, major dislike. There is creative vision and then there is overhyped bullshit with awful writting. It started good but now it's clear that it's an overhyped reboot.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After 20, major dislike. There is creative vision and then there is overhyped bullshit with awful writting. It started good but now it's clear that it's an overhyped reboot.

Hmmm that sounds familiar.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I wanted to read lame cheap ass anti hero I'd look to the large majority in the street heroes like punisher, Deadpool and Kaine I have zero interest in reading Spider-man as an anti hero. Their kind have no place in a universe with giant space gods eating planet and giant eye balled tentacle monsters from a chaos dimension.

AlanJoestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AlanJoestar

Like!

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zarius

Strongly dislike, but then, I've strongly disliked the direction of Spider-Man for about six to seven years now. Slott is bush-leauge on this book, the a-list heroes all act like easily fooled idiots, it takes ages for any story to pick up momentum, and Carlie being the smartest person in the room when MJ can't put two and two together is an insult to the intelligence. Yost on the other hand has been hitting it out of the ball park with the premise of Otto as Spidey, and I wish he had the main book, maybe then we'd have more competent and capable storytelling

I just feel the people that like this book have long forgotten what made them fans of Spidey and his world in the first place, that or they're brand loyalists. The shlock writing is just so glaringly bad it's hard to beleive anyone enjoys it...unless they enjoy it in an ironic "so bad it's gold" fashion

infectedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even see a point in hating the something that won't change your life. Can all of you grow up act your age.

valtiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's getting a bit stale now. Peter is acting totally different and nobody, nobody, not even his Aunt notices something up.

It's ridiculous, not MJ, May, Felicia. Noticing that there's something wrong with Peter? Come on, son.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely like. I have never been a huge fan of Peter Parker's fighting style despite him being Marvel's flagship character. Seeing the way he's been utilizing tech and chemistry to fight crime has been a blast to read. Also I'm a fan of villains if you couldn't already tell. Comic books need conflict to stay interesting and super villains are the purest way to provide that. While it's really difficult to take Peter's death seriously, I still enjoy seeing him get utterly defeated from time to time particularly at the hands of one of his biggest villains. All I know is that I've never been more interested in Spider-Man and I hope it lasts as long as possible.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Manchine

Like. I haven't bought a Spiderman comic in a VERY VERY LONG time. Now I am.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By angelalfonso
    primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't like it but damn i like the suit and gadgets would like peter to keep them when he gets back, but knowing him he would distance himself from anything ock made.

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't like it but damn i like the suit and gadgets would like peter to keep them when he gets back, but knowing him he would distance himself from anything ock made.

exactly- they make spidey more fun. when pete comes back i just hope he keeps the suit but changes the black to blue

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you have to replace the hero with someone else for that long, you know deep in your heart you had nothing new to say about the hero himself. It's pretty clear. So, Slott had nothing new to add to the spider legacy and he gave us this old fashioned gimmick. People like it, people buy it. Marvel wins, Slott wins, spidey fans lose. That's life.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By darthfury78

@zarius said:

Strongly dislike, but then, I've strongly disliked the direction of Spider-Man for about six to seven years now. Slott is bush-leauge on this book, the a-list heroes all act like easily fooled idiots, it takes ages for any story to pick up momentum, and Carlie being the smartest person in the room when MJ can't put two and two together is an insult to the intelligence. Yost on the other hand has been hitting it out of the ball park with the premise of Otto as Spidey, and I wish he had the main book, maybe then we'd have more competent and capable storytelling

I just feel the people that like this book have long forgotten what made them fans of Spidey and his world in the first place, that or they're brand loyalists. The shlock writing is just so glaringly bad it's hard to beleive anyone enjoys it...unless they enjoy it in an ironic "so bad it's gold" fashion

Agreed. Especially the part where Spock punched Black Cat in her face. What happened to her Bad Luck powers as it should have sense his attacks. That scene was so wrong on all levels. I can't believe that she didn't sense that something was not right about Spidey. That punch to her face was the biggest fake out that I have ever seen because Felicia would have grabbed Spock's arms and throw him down to the grand. I just can't accept that Felicia was pawned by Dr. Octopus big time.

BallPointHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BallPointHero

What's not to like? We all know that this isn't going to last forever, so enjoy the new story while you can. Spock makes a clever, snarky and wicked Spider-man.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used issue 18 for TP the other day. To be fair I did get it for free and I did not read it.

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it is nice too see spiderman going around kicking butt and taking names. as spidey peter is kinda a push over. so seeing spock use his powers to the max is interesting

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.