Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Superior Spider-Man Issue #9 Preview The End Begins...?

Avatar image for thegenericmister
    thegenericmister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thegenericmister

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=15905

''Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Superior Spider-Man #9, from the chart-topping creative team of writer Dan Slott and artist Ryan Stegman! The End is here, “ SUPERIOR NO MORE!” The hottest comic in the industry hits its boiling point as Slott and Stegman take Superior Spider-Man to places you never even thought possible! Thought you were shocked at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #700? Thought there was no possible way to change the Spider-Man mythos any further? THINK AGAIN!''

''This May, the time has come to see who will live, who will die, and who will emerge as the true Superior Spider-Man! Dan Slott & Ryan Stegman craft a story no one will forget in Superior Spider-Man #9!''

Anyone else smell horse shit?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks as if Ock found out Pete is still inside and is trying to kill his subconscious but Pete is gaining more control.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@ninjablade09: Yeah Pete's gonna get erased in that issue which is going to bring Miguel into the picture.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@ninjablade09: Yeah Pete's gonna get erased in that issue which is going to bring Miguel into the picture.

If that's true they're just signing their own death warrant. Peter Parker fans will flip out across the world and the rest of us will remember that in comic books, death never keeps the popular characters down. There'll just be another story in the future that brings Peter back so why bother keeping Superior? In any case, I'm off Spider-Man for a few years which is a shame since I only got back into him a year ago.

Avatar image for thegenericmister
    thegenericmister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really how much more can they fuck over spider-man? This is honestly like watching a really enjoyable train wreck.

It is so hard to care now its not even funny!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: I think maybe Peter will win and then Miguel will show up in issue 8 and be the Time storm Spider-man where he was a teen. Then you can have Spider-man come out and say "In recent events I was being mind controlled and so now in order to protect more people I will retire and this will be the new Spider-man." Then Miguel swings down and the rest of the series can be Pete marrying MJ, supplying the new Spidey tech, and mentor Miguel to be a Amazing Spider-man until the movie comes round Doc Ock returns in his old body and send Miguel forward in time and then Pete has to come back and beats ock and makes him forget his identity. Then the return of Amazing Spider-man with 701.

spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

It's possible that Slott will pull a twist like Pete gaining the upper hand over Ock in his mind and gets back into the body but then Ock uses that device he is working on in the preview to control Peter's mind into killing the body it is in,Peter's body. Spider-man is killed and Miguel 'O Hara learns about this in the future and how it wasn't supposed to happen somehow and has to go back in time to stop the switch of minds from ever happening. I doubt it but it's a possibility.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I wonder if this will be what saves spider-man or brings his sales even lower.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@strider92: I think maybe Peter will win and then Miguel will show up in issue 8 and be the Time storm Spider-man where he was a teen. Then you can have Spider-man come out and say "In recent events I was being mind controlled and so now in order to protect more people I will retire and this will be the new Spider-man." Then Miguel swings down and the rest of the series can be Pete marrying MJ, supplying the new Spidey tech, and mentor Miguel to be a Amazing Spider-man until the movie comes round Doc Ock returns in his old body and send Miguel forward in time and then Pete has to come back and beats ock and makes him forget his identity. Then the return of Amazing Spider-man with 701.

I have this theory and it was this. You know in the Superior Spider-week there's that picture of a bizarre spider-suit (the 4th image):

No Caption Provided

I bet that is SpOck in the future. The people behind him have glasses that look like a cross between Spider-lenses and Ock goggles. it could be that Ock successfully takes over the world and that's his army. Miguel of course noticing the future has changed and SpOck is the uncontested ruler of the future goes back in order to stop Ock taking over Pete's body. Thus creating an entire arc of Miguel stories as well as retconning Dying Wish and bringing Pete back as Spider-man when Miguel does eventually defeat SpOck.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@strider92: That's a good idea but there is a plot hole. Wouldn't Miguel be affected by the changing of the future as well? The thing I liked about Edge Of Time is that they explained this plot hole as him being in-between times so he wasn't affected. Heck maybe he comes back with the possible time-travel going on in AU as it obviously takes place before #9

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

"Superior no more". Hmm... Interesting...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where did you see that? O.O

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jimthesurfer said:

Where did you see that? O.O

At the top. OP quoted it from somewhere.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I wonder if Harry will get involved somehow...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.