Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Superior Spider-man Identity: Process Of Elimination

• 169 results
    CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By CBninja

Il be honest. When I first heard that Peter would be replaced I hated the idea. But after reading your post I really like the idea of Smythe taking the mantle for a while. You sir get a follow lol.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92: So,lets sum up.....

1.WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS???

2.He is not Miguel....Miguel was/is a hero,he wouldnt say:"Cant believe Parker put up with this..."

3.Why he has a squered jaw?....(Stegman's Scarlet Spider has a perfectly rounded jaw....)

4.Spider-Sence:Pete's body.....someone else.....also the above comment(2)....OSBORN!!!

5.Smarter that Pete...stronger than Pete....OSBORN!!!

Thats my argument.... :)

P.S. Oh and i am reeeeeaaaly happy that he didnt lost his scence of wit...you know by dark and staff,i thought about it....."And problem solved....How incredibly predictable..!" Not ridiculus wit like Peter,but elegant and smart.....OSBORN!!!!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By InnerVenom123

THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE THAT I AM GOING TO DIE, HOLY SH*T.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
    deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh man can't wait. And awsome scans!

Eroc23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Eroc23

@Strider92 said:

@TheAcidSkull: That scan has me really really confused now. Because it means whoever Superior is Peter must trust them if he "put him up to it". So unless Smythe does something very drastic to make Peter to not only trust him with his identity but also make him become Spider-man as well it can't be him. Honestly this scan has me stumped. Curt Connors suddenly looks more likely as does Harry Osborn.

Now it is getting a little bit confusing isn't it because I believe Dan Slott is one of the most misleading writers, isn't he ?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#107  Edited By Strider1992

@PunyParker said:

@Strider92: So,lets sum up.....

1.WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS???

2.He is not Miguel....Miguel was/is a hero,he wouldnt say:"Cant believe Parker put up with this..."

3.Why he has a squered jaw?....(Stegman's Scarlet Spider has a perfectly rounded jaw....)

4.Spider-Sence:Pete's body.....someone else.....also the above comment(2)....OSBORN!!!

5.Smarter that Pete...stronger than Pete....OSBORN!!!

Thats my argument.... :)

P.S. Oh and i am reeeeeaaaly happy that he didnt lost his scence of wit...you know by dark and staff,i thought about it....."And problem solved....How incredibly predictable..!" Not ridiculus wit like Peter,but elegant and smart.....OSBORN!!!!

1. Found a leaked preview running around an image site late last night lol. By now its probably all of the net.

2. I agree

3. Not sure but go back to page 1 Smythe's jaw is square due to cybernetics :D

4. 5. My one problem with it being Osborn is because he states in that panel that he's never been hit so much in his life most people like Osborn and Ock have had the crap beaten out of them by the Avengers. Not to mention Osborn would never run from a fight. He'd stay and beat the crap out of them. Also he has a Spider-sense the only person capable of replicating one is Smythe as shown in Big Time :D and given how he speaks he's very scientific! Smythe has never fought many people so it would stand to reason that he'd get frustrated. In fact up until recently when he augmented himself Spider-man used to 1-shot him. So he would get pissed off he didn't think he could fight back.

Square Jaw!
    Square Jaw!
    DMXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DMXN

He doesn't have to know Peter in person. He says; "Can't believe Parker put up with this. The man must have been insane", and he says it like he doesn't know peter, but just knows that Peter was Spider-man. He doesn't say that Peter put him up to this, he says that how could Peter himself put up with such beatings. How many non-heroes know peter is Spidey?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Strider1992

@DMXN: Oh wow I miss-read it. You're right. It doesn't say "put me up with this" it says "put up with this". Thanks to Dr Strange hardly any villains know he's Spider-man however if Pete's identity is revealed to everyone in 700 with his death or some such it could be anyone. Also the fact he calls him Parker and not Peter is interesting. Denoting that whoever is under the mask probably isn't a big fan as he isn't on first name basis. Unless its J. Jonah Jameson lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92: lol just think, the new spidey is JJJ ;)

DMXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DMXN
    And I guess he knows MJ
    And I guess he knows MJ
    Eroc23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Eroc23

@Strider92:There is a clue that I have that Superior Spider-Man uses a gun

No Caption Provided

Maybe it is Vulture because the Vulture is intellectually brilliant in the fields of electronics and mechanical engineering, with a great talent for invention. He has earned a Master of Science degree in electrical engineering.The Vulture carries some form of plasma pistol.He has got claws and same feet like Superior Spider-Man:

No Caption Provided
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#113  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: What the deuce? This throws up some interesting questions. Who knows that Peter is Spider-Man and would be trusted enough by Peter to take over? Kaine's out so I can't think of anyone else.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Lvenger

@Eroc23: It's not Vulture. Not only does he not fit the bill, there's also the SSM 3 solicit to consider:

“Everything You Know Is Wrong”

• Is this all-new Spider-Man in cahoots with... J. Jonah Jameson?!

• Has Carlie Cooper figured out the Superior Spider-Man’s secret identity?

• All this and the return of the villainous Vulture!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By PunyParker

@Eroc23 said:

@Strider92:There is a clue that I have that Superior Spider-Man uses a gun

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By spideyfan69

@Strider92 said:

@TheAcidSkull: Ok so he also has a Spider-sense? Da frick!? That rules out basically everyone but Smythe unless its someone in Peters body. Not to mention look at how he's talking! He knows robotics! Thats Smythe or Miguel:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

SOOO this guy is supposed to be stronger, faster, smarter, and superior to Peter in every way, yet he's whining and running away from a fight just because he got hit too much, yea this guy is SUPERIOR ALL RIGHT !!!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Lvenger

@spideyfan69: He doesn't have the same motivations as Peter. He has less morals, more of an attitude and perhaps is reluctant to be the Superior Spider-Man in the first place.

@Strider92: I've done it! I've finally poked a hole in one of your theories! Note the solicitation to SSM 3:

“Everything You Know Is Wrong”

• Is this all-new Spider-Man in cahoots with... J. Jonah Jameson?!

• Has Carlie Cooper figured out the Superior Spider-Man’s secret identity?

• All this and the return of the villainous Vulture!

Now Smythe hates Jameson and would never even consider working with him. And likewise Jameson would spare no effort finding Smythe. So I doubt Smythe will be the Superior Spider-Man.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By InnerVenom123

@spideyfan69: You sound personally offended and it's hilarious because on top of that you're wrong.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: Fair point but what if he didn't know Smythe was under the mask? Smythe could quite easily trick him into working for him or something along those lines!

Oh look what I spied in ASM 699.1!!!!! Guess who has possibly escaped the Raft. Doesn't that seem odd that they would mention him?:

No Caption Provided

Smythe is most likely on the loose!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92: He is ,indeed,talking scientifically.....so...Smythe or i dont know....

P.S. is 699.1 out yet?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Strider1992

@PunyParker said:

@Strider92: He is ,indeed,talking scientifically.....so...Smythe or i dont know....

P.S. is 699.1 out yet?

Yes and it looks like Smythe broke out of the Raft with Morbius and Connors!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By InnerVenom123

So at this point we're going to have to assume that Smythe somehow hacks Ock's brainwave thingy and takes over Peter's body.

That or for some reason he makes his own Spider-man costume... I find the first scenario more likely.

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By spideyfan69

@InnerVenom123: how am i wrong?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Lvenger

@InnerVenom123: I'm not sure. The Superior Spider-Man is supposed to be working with Jameson in SSM 3. And I'm not sure Smythe would be a huge fan of working with a guy he hates so much. Strider did make a good counter point but I still don't see it as a likely scenario IMO.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: I do agree its very unlikely as Jameson hates Smythe (he did kill his wife afterall) and Smythe hates Jonah (for killing his Dad) but that could be why the solicitations say : Is this all-new Spider-Man in cahoots with... J. Jonah Jameson?! Its worded as if this should be shocking or unnatural which a truce between these two would. It also changes the dynamic between J.J.J and Spider-man as Jonah would now have a reason to personally hate Spider-man and badger him even more.

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92: mhhhh i really don't want it to be smyth, i have another personal theory

Tell meuh! I luv theories lol!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92: mhhhh i really don't want it to be smyth, i have another personal theory

Tell us :D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Good points. But Robbie's the editor of the Bugle now. Jameson has no bearing on it anymore. At least there's nothing to suggest this. I mean being a mayor must leave you little time to do anything else, especially a newspaper related job.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92: really mindfucking....all of this...(the Smythe pic and all...)...you're good!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Lvenger

@TheAcidSkull: That's ingenius! I may have heard it before but you've reminded me of how ingenious it is. It certainly fits the bill of something that's never happened to Peter before. I mean replacing their top superhero seems a bit much and this way they can have their cake and eat it too (in a sense) Excellent theory!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull: Hmmmm interesting. So is this kind of like Peter becoming a schizophrenic? Or the sort of thing they have in Bleach (Icihgo and Hollow Ichigo both in the same body except ones more violent and isn't in conrtol until the good side becomes angry)?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By PunyParker

@TheAcidSkull: Interesting and exciting....i'm always in if Spidey is still Pete,but where the "smarter and stronger than Pete" come from.....and why the claws and the weird feet.....Slott said noone guessed the claws role yet...(in ComicVine podcast...)

I believe in EVERY theory we will hear(and heared) will be flaws and misunderstandings....thats why i dont put one up....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By PunyParker

@TheAcidSkull: ΥΕΑΗ,he is....i mean....he said EVERYTHING was building up to this since #600.....you have to connect ALL the dots....damn

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Lamenoire

@Strider92: even if the avengers could use SMYTHE to deal with Ultron, would they even consider it ?

I mean he is a mad scientist, a killer .... I think they would come after hi the hard way if they ever discovered it was Alistair behind the mask of their friend. The only way would be that PARKER actually asked him to take this mantle.

And Kaine would kill him when he find out. Period.

I don't see Alistair becoming a superhero...and marvel using him as Spiderman

I am not trying to undermine your theory. you probably spent a lot of time doing all this

However, having read (really fast) 650 and 651... I have to say his speech pattern actually match Superior's one

PS : Slott only used him in ten issues since 600, and mostly as a cameo or in a backup

#648, # 650 to #654, #670 and #671, #691 and #699 (cameo)

slvr4surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By slvr4surfer

I can't speak for but I think he is. If it were Miguel ...it would feel like a cheap option. "Hey where did the new spidey come from?" " THE FUTUUUUURE!"

I also hope this was nothin' but a troll:

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Strider1992

@Lamenoire said:

I am not trying to undermine your theory. you probably spent a lot of time doing all this

Please do try lol thats what this post is about. Eliminating people and coming up with the answer :D

@Lamenoire said:

@Strider92: even if the avengers could use SMYTHE to deal with Ultron, would they even consider it ?

I mean he is a mad scientist, a killer .... I think they would come after hi the hard way if they ever discovered it was Alistair behind the mask of their friend. The only way would be that PARKER actually asked him to take this mantle.

And Kaine would kill him when he find out. Period.

I don't see Alistair becoming a superhero...and marvel using him as Spiderman

However, having read (really fast) 650 and 651... I have to say his speech pattern actually match Superior's one

PS : Slott only used him in ten issues since 600, and mostly as a cameo or in a backup

#648, # 650 to #654, #670 and #671, #691 and #699 (cameo)

Yeah I noticed he insulted Spider-man and even called him "predictable" like Superior Spider-man was to his enemies. Smythe's speech pattern does match Superior's. You are right though Smythe is a murderer and a villain however issue 700 is the equivalent to 3 issues in length. A lot can happen in 3 issues! Also the first Arc in Superior Spider-man is called "Hero or Menace" that's a pretty interesting title. There are other ways for him to know Peter is Spider-man for example if Peter's identity is made public knowledge in 700. the main piece of evidence for me is this. Superior Spider-man is confirmed to have a Spider-sense so if it isn't Peter there is only 1 other person who has been shown to replicate a spider-sense and thats Smythe.

DMXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By DMXN
    No Caption Provided

and his armor is similar to iron spider armor

No Caption Provided
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Strider1992

@DMXN: Hah never noticed that.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Strider1992

Also whoever it is seems to be a not so nice guy considering he goes out and attacks DareDevil in public lol:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull: There is 2 things in those images that strike me as odd.

1. Who ever Superior is knows Matt is Daredevil. DD's identity isn't public knowledge right?

2. Is it me or is Superior not using his claws for wall-crawling?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Strider92 said:

Who ever Superior is knows Matt is Daredevil. DD's identity isn't public knowledge right?

It kinda is, actually.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Strider1992

@SmashBrawler: It is? Oh in that case forget I said anything. How'd that happen?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By InnerVenom123

New theory.

Superior is Tiberius Stone.

Just an idea.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Strider1992

@InnerVenom123: That is a possibility however he doesn't have the "Spider-man pedigree" or "the experience using powers" that Slott says Superior has

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Strider92: Well, it's not like people have seen DD unmasked or anything, but his identity was "leaked", so to speak. So it's really just a rumor, but some people genuinely believe Matt is Daredevil and that has caused him some problems as a lawyer, for example.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Strider92 said:

@InnerVenom123: That is a possibility however he doesn't have the "Spider-man pedigree" or "the experience using powers" that Slott says Superior has

Oh yeah. I forgot.

Well. At this point it's either Ock, Smythe, or O'Hara.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.