Superior Spider-Man Discussion

#1101 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_oblivious: I respect your opinion and I see all these opportunities that appear with the SSM concept, nevertheless, it's just I can't enjoy the trip. I can't say I like the stories and I find it a little bit boring, apart from some interesting moments.

#1103 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio
#1104 Posted by frogdog (2984 posts) - - Show Bio
#1105 Edited by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

So yeah does any actual discussion happen in this thread? No? Figures...

#1106 Edited by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio
#1107 Edited by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107 said:

1. Search previous pages,you'll find a lot of topics we discuss.....
  2. If you want a particular discussion,present it,and everyone who's interested will reply.
#1108 Edited by frogdog (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107 said:

Dan Slott announced that he's not going anywhere. At the very least, try to actually read this thread before making stupid assumptions.

#1109 Edited by animehunter (1507 posts) - - Show Bio
#1110 Posted by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@dj1107 said:

Dan Slott announced that he's not going anywhere. At the very least, try to actually read this thread before making stupid assumptions.

And that must be no.3 in my list,above...i just didnt want to be rude...

Thank you kind sir.

#1111 Posted by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: Crap.....absolute crap.

The second pic(alternate cover) looks very good.....otherwise,crap.....and before some Superior lovers rush out on me,i wouldnt see a reason doing it,even if Pete was Spider-Man.

#1112 Posted by frogdog (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Shocker the coward of the group? He's literally the strongest person in the team.

#1113 Edited by animehunter (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

New information regarding Superior Spider-man Team-up

New Writer Joins SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP, More INFINITY News

In a Marvel.com article about upcoming tie-ins to the August-debuting Infinity series, the publisher revealed that writer Rob Rodi coming on board Superior Spider-Man Team-Up for a two-issue stint, spinning out of the impending event.

"My Superior Spider-Man Team-Up two-parter involves the debut of a new superhuman player in upper Manhattan, who has deep ties to the Marvel Universe," Rodi is quoted in the article. "This new superhuman isn't starting out very well, so Spidey swings up to intervene, and to tutor the newcomer in how to be a hero, surprising himself in the process."

Rodi's first issue will be October's Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #5, Newsarama has confirmed with Marvel. Here's what regular Superior Spider-Man Team-Up writer Chris Yost told Newsarama about the book's Infinity tie-in last month, which starts in September with issue #3:

"At the same time, you’ve got a new character that we’re introducing called Sun Girl, and she’s like the rookie newbie. She looks at Spider-Man for stability — the shoulder to lean on, the experienced guy. And Doc Ock’s perspective on things is not what this character was expecting."

Marvel.com also quotes writer Al Ewing, whose Mighty Avengers series starts in September and also features the Superior Spider-Man's reactions to Infinity.

"It's a pretty full plate for Spidey, and a few eye-opening epiphanies for him as well."

#1114 Edited by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: So,they're cutting out Yost now?!

Oh! and guys are you NOT getting Notifications too?.....it's not only me,in the Bug Reporting forum it's big,just wanted to know.

#1115 Edited by animehunter (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: As far as I know no one is being notified including me. - My inbox isn't working...

As for Yost being replaced, I don't think that's what's happening, Rodi is, if I'm reading this correctly, is co-writing with Yost for only two issues, which are by the looks of it 5 & 6.

#1116 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

So Slott is staying on the book, Peter wont be coming back with the release of ASM2 as most hoped, and it's June. Why cant August come faster?

#1117 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott's not leaving anytime soon?

Hallelujah.

#1118 Edited by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: they covered their a$$es with Waid's family bussiness,starring Petey P.

#1119 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Marvel only wants money, if they really cared about what fans wanted Peter would be here and Slott would be long gone. Doesn't matter too me anyway. I think I'm done reading anything that has to do with Marvel, except Superior Spidey Team-Up, but only because of Yost. Might read SpOck vs 2099. And will defiantly read Waid's book but only because it's Peter. Never thought I'd say this but, Sony Save Spider-man !

#1120 Edited by jcolesamuels (20 posts) - - Show Bio

its funny to me that i enjoy the avenging titles of superior better than i do his superior set. cause like in a previous thread i already stated why this stunt bores the hell out of me. but when i read the light humor and some of the action its kinda nice. also i'm probably not the only one but when i read comics i associate voices actors and place their voices to the character. when i read superior i can't put petes voice to it and that kinda depresses me a bit. can't wait till kaine gets a hold of spock thou it'll be right up there with 2099.

#1121 Edited by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: And again,SpOck vs. O'Hara is on a Scarlet issue,so you wont have to buy a Superior comic!

I think,yeah,cuz of Sony we have another 3 movies coming....and we like it or not,most of people are influenced by films,and not by comics...in 2008,when Dark Knight came out,Bruce was dead,and Dick(i think) was Bats.....i had no idea,cause i didnt read comics then....well,Batman comics,i asked my dad to bring me anyhting Spidey related,i was 12.So like now,my cousin is 13 and he's very into Spider-Man,(movies,games,cartoons),and he has no clue that Spider-Man isnt Peter in the comics......as long as Peter is in the "big" media,we're ok.

#1122 Posted by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

its funny to me that i enjoy the avenging titles of superior better than i do his superior set. cause like in a previous thread i already stated why this stunt bores the hell out of me. but when i read the light humor and some of the action its kinda nice. also i'm probably not the only one but when i read comics i associate voices actors and place their voices to the character. when i read superior i can't put petes voice to it and that kinda depresses me a bit. can't wait till kaine gets a hold of spock thou it'll be right up there with 2099.

And everyone enjoys Avenging more than Superior,because it's written better.....Mr.Yost is a better writer than Mr.Slott.....

#1123 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I've been enjoying Superior does that make me tastless?

#1124 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107: Take a look at the poll concerning Slott (if we want him to leave or to stay). It's clear you belong to the minority. That doesn't really mean you should feel guilty for enjoying the whole SSM thing, but one must accept that the majority doesn't really like it, despite the fact that sales are still relatively high.

#1125 Posted by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107: No,it is enjoyable if you cocider it as a Spider-Man story,but,they're talking about changing the status quo.This would be horrible,no matter what anyone thinks.

#1126 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: And again,SpOck vs. O'Hara is on a Scarlet issue,so you wont have to buy a Superior comic!

I think,yeah,cuz of Sony we have another 3 movies coming....and we like it or not,most of people are influenced by films,and not by comics...in 2008,when Dark Knight came out,Bruce was dead,and Dick(i think) was Bats.....i had no idea,cause i didnt read comics then....well,Batman comics,i asked my dad to bring me anyhting Spidey related,i was 12.So like now,my cousin is 13 and he's very into Spider-Man,(movies,games,cartoons),and he has no clue that Spider-Man isnt Peter in the comics......as long as Peter is in the "big" media,we're ok.

It is?!?!?!?!? Cool.

#1127 Edited by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Sorry,i thought you meant SpOck vs. Kaine.....2099 is on a Superior issue...

#1128 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Sorry,i thought you meant SpOck vs. Kaine.....2099 is on a Superior issue...

Thought so. But still cant wait to see more experienced Spider people kick SpOck's a** into next year.

#1129 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Someone else's a** needs some serious kicking also. Slott won't allow his precious little superior spiderman getting butt kicked...Yet, one can dream, right?

#1130 Posted by animehunter (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

First look at Superior Spider-man #14 & Superior Spider-man Team-up #1

It looks like Yost really doesn't want people to like this supposedly SUPERIOR Spider-man.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/108/477/i02/Superior-Spider-man-014-0.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/108/478/original/Superior-Spider-man-014-1.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/108/479/original/Superior-Spider-man-014-2-3.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/108/480/original/Superior-Spider-man-014-4-5.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/108/481/original/superior-spider-man-team-up-1-0.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/108/482/original/superior-spider-man-team-up-1-1.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/108/483/original/superior-spider-man-team-up-1-2.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/108/484/original/superior-spider-man-team-up-1-3.jpg

#1131 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

Giant spider robots? That was his master plan? lol

#1132 Posted by frogdog (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Ock moving is done pretending to be a hero.

#1133 Edited by Ninjablade09 (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

@phaedrusgr: Dreaming is all we can do now isn't it?

And what the heck is going on in the SS 14 preview? That last page od the SSTU 1 is bada** though.

#1134 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Slott wanted to do a what if in canon, that he couldn't do, if Peter was in charge. That's all. That's what I see.

#1135 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2653 posts) - - Show Bio
#1136 Posted by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

Thought so. But still cant wait to see more experienced Spider people kick SpOck's a** into next year.

Wont happen,Slott's writing it.

#1137 Edited by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Slott wanted to do a what if in canon, that he couldn't do, if Peter was in charge. That's all. That's what I see.

Pretencious little man.....nothing more.....he has been given power and he's taking advantage of it.

#1138 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: So the book is bad because it changing the status quo? If that's the case every comic out right now should be considered bad.

#1139 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

Wont happen,Slott's writing it.

Not Scarlet vs SpOck. :)

#1140 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107: So, you really like the idea of giant spider robots?

#1141 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@phaedrusgr: Is it any different then giant dumb looking purple robots hunting down mutants?

#1142 Posted by 8008S (295 posts) - - Show Bio

That fourth pic has pretty messy art, I can't even tell what's happening with the guys Spider-Man is fighting, did he cut a leg off the one at the left with a kick? Is he tearing the one in the right in half?

#1143 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107: You haven't really answered my question. Do you like the idea of giant spider robots roaming around in spiderman stories? If you want to talk about sentinels and mutants, that's not the right place.

#1144 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@phaedrusgr: Well knowing who's under the mask' knowing where we are now with the guy & what's coming in August I'm fine with giant spider robots. It's all going away around 2 to 3 years so might as well enjoy it while I can.

#1145 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107: No doubt, you have a point. Sit back and enjoy the ride. It's just I can't sit back and enjoy it, cause in my standards it's completely distasteful. Well, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

#1146 Posted by frogdog (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107 said:

@punyparker: So the book is bad because it changing the status quo? If that's the case every comic out right now should be considered bad.

No the book is bad because everything a spider-man story shouldn't be

#1147 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: well neither is Mark Waid's Daredevil run & yet that's good.

#1148 Posted by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@dj1107 said:

No the book is bad because everything a spider-man story shouldn't be

No doubt.

#1149 Posted by PunyParker (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

@dj1107 said:

Οh!...so you wouldnt have a problem with Batman being,f*cking Penguin,and Superman being Darkseid!.....or maybe Cheetah in Wonder Woman's body,would that be a proper status quo change?.....or these are minor changes that doesnt indicate a status quo,size one,and MUST be HAPPY with the crap going on......get it together and realise that this isnt Spider-Man.....if i was 5 now,i wouldnt like Spider-Man,like i did when i accually was.

#1150 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I think you've just managed to pinpoint the real problem in the whole SSM thing. I've delightfully read an arc with SSM or a "What if" story. But, as you said, Penguin being Batman, Darkseid being Supes, that would suck. I can't accept that a true true fan of the character Spiderman really likes this mess. The thing is I've been following the series and I don't like it. I find it dull, not fresh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.