Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Storm/Kitty/Bobby/Beast/James in The Superior Spider-man

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

Yeah! I'm so excited with the x-men and Spider-man team-up! : )

No Caption Provided
    van_eansley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By van_eansley

Whats with the Nightcrawler feet of Spider-man?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

I'd guess this is the cover to Avenging Spider-man 15.1?

@van_eansley said:

New guy in the Spider-man suit. He uses claws to climb walls so its something to do with that.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Strider92 said:

I'd guess this is the cover to Avenging Spider-man 15.1?

@van_eansley said:

New guy in the Spider-man suit. He uses claws to climb walls so its something to do with that.

oh. sorry .

so it's not Peter Parker?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@jhazzroucher: Well Slott has hinted that he may not be but I think he's just trolling us. I'm pretty sure its still Peter.

Avatar image for winterfreakinsoldier
    WinterFreakinSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92: Not really hinted.. They have flat-out said it's not Peter. But when you're used to Marvel's BS...

"Superior Spider-Man" was next, which Singh said would "feature an all-new Spider-Man, and it ain't Peter Parker."

Slott said that Peter might still be in the book.

Slott compared the tone to Gwen Stacy's death and "Kraven's Last Hunt." Then, "You want Spider-Man and Mary Jane back together? They're back together! But he's not Peter Parker."

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@WinterFreakinSoldier: Slott has also said that "I have been miss-interpreted/misquoted about who Spider-man is. I said something very specific and you have changed the meaning of it" and "You have only seen what we have leaked not what is really happening". We also have to remember that Slott is a huge Spider-man fan and its been his favorite comic since he was a kid so while killing Pete he is perfectly capable of doing (it might sting a bit but its not impossible) replacing with another guy and calling him "Superior" does not seem like something Slott would do especially to a character he loves not to mention he's spent so much time building Peter as a character (Spider-Fu, Horizon labs etc..) it would be pointless to throw away all that development.

Going by that i'd say the whole thing is a play on words. It is Peter Parker physically in the costume but his personality and morals have been warped to an extent that he isn't Peter Parker in character. So no it isn't Peter Parker in the suit because Pete has a code and a set of morals whereas this guy doesn't. It is Peter but it isn't at the same time.

Take Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader for example. They are both the same person but they are vastly different to the extent they are considered separate characters.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Strider92 said:

@WinterFreakinSoldier: Slott has also said that "I have been miss-interpreted/misquoted about who Spider-man is. I said something very specific and you have changed the meaning of it" and "You have only seen what we have leaked not what is really happening". We also have to remember that Slott is a huge Spider-man fan and its been his favorite comic since he was a kid so while killing Pete he is perfectly capable of doing (it might sting a bit but its not impossible) replacing with another guy and calling him "Superior" does not seem like something Slott would do especially to a character he loves not to mention he's spent so much time building Peter as a character (Spider-Fu, Horizon labs etc..) it would be pointless to throw away all that development.

Going by that i'd say the whole thing is a play on words. It is Peter Parker physically in the costume but his personality and morals have been warped to an extent that he isn't Peter Parker in character. So no it isn't Peter Parker in the suit because Pete has a code and a set of morals whereas this guy doesn't. It is Peter but it isn't at the same time.

Take Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader for example. They are both the same person but they are vastly different to the extent they are considered separate characters.

This is still the most likely theory i've seen on who Superior Spider-man is. IMO anyway.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnnyGat

How come in the title you use the first names for some and the hero names for others and james instead of logan, the latter is just because I associate Wolvie more as Logan more than I do as Howlett.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jhazzroucher

@JohnnyGat said:

How come in the title you use the first names for some and the hero names for others and james instead of logan, the latter is just because I associate Wolvie more as Logan more than I do as Howlett.

I was having second thoughts and i was in a hurry. sorry

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JohnnyGat

@jhazzroucher said:

@JohnnyGat said:

Why are you apologizing? There's no need to apologize, I was just curious.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By fodigg

@Strider92 said:

He uses claws to climb walls so its something to do with that.

Wait what? Where's this from? That reminds me of Miguel O'Hara.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@fodigg said:

Wait what? Where's this from? That reminds me of Miguel O'Hara.

It was in concept art and you can see on the cover of SSM 1 his fingers are digging into the building. Slott however has confirmed its not O'Hara or Kaine so no luck there.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Funrush

@Strider92 said:

Yeah, but people also interpreted it the way you mentioned, so it may not be Peter.

Maybe something happens to him that affects his powers, and that's why he climbs with claws, and has those weird feet.

Also, where did Slott say that we misquoted? I can't find it in his Twitter, did he say it somewhere else?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Strider1992

@Funrush said:

Yeah, but people also interpreted it the way you mentioned, so it may not be Peter.

Well considering mostly everyone is assuming its not Peter then the other is the more likely answer.

@Funrush said:

Also, where did Slott say that we misquoted? I can't find it in his Twitter, did he say it somewhere else?

He said it on Twitter a few days ago its probably a few pages down by now. I'll try and find it for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat Iceman mimicking Wolvie.

On another note Slott is such a troll with the Mary Jane thing.

Wouldn't it be funny if Spidey was Nightcrawler and that's why there is the X-Men team up!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jhazzroucher

@JohnnyGat said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@JohnnyGat said:

Why are you apologizing? There's no need to apologize, I was just curious.

oh. ok. thanks. : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.