Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Starting collection.

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sapperjak
    No Caption Provided

Bros!! My computer charger was broken and I can't post replies from my phone. It has killed me to read all your awesome posts and not be able to reply. I decided to start a spider-man collection for my kids. I needed help on which books to start collecting. I wanted to start with something newer sense it would make #1 issues easier to get. I was looking at Superior and Avenging. I couldn't post the question as to which one to start with so I ordered the first couple books of both. I decided I would collect 3-4 book of each every month until I am caught up.. -Andy

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Nice, man. About 50 years from now these books will be worth a small fortune!

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sapperjak

Superior might be the book that is remembered as the book everyone hated but that might make it more valuable. lol

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Sapperjak: Nice, hope you enjoy what you decided to read. But I'm wondering, How old are your kids because I suggest if they are young (like 3-9) you should just read Superior Spider-man first because issue 4 and 5 are very heavy and serious, especially 4.

In issue 4 a character named Massacre shoots up fast food restaurant killing almost everyone. It was pretty bloody and messed up.

Just a heads up if you don't want your kids reading that kind of stuff.

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sapperjak

My kids are 2 and 6mo.. They won't get these until the are older or I am dead. I had comics when I was young and didn't respect them. I guess you could say it is my collection that I will pass onto my kids. I am 27yo today actually. I love comics and have been keeping up with the scans on here about superior and heard good things about avenged so I decided to start collecting them both. One is very promising and the other may be very limited. lol

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By InfamousFish
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Sapperjak: Ok just wondering, well I hope you enjoy them and keep collecting. Superior Spider-man has definitely gotten better.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fury714

Avenging is a book that's gonna be good for yer kids in a few years or so when they are, 7 or 8 maybe? But superior is definitely fitted to teens and adults. :)

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sapperjak

I honestly don't even want the kids to know I have these books for them until they are grown. It is more of an investment for them then for them to read and play with. Kinda.. It is hard to explain my motives behind this. lol

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By consolemaster001

Nice !

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sapperjak: Hey just was wondering if you are enjoying the comics you've bought.

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sapperjak

Yea man, I am going to add to my collection this month.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's good.

lmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sapperjak: Hi I have some spiderman collectible figures if you are interested for your collection. I will sell them at an extremely reasonable price. Not looking to make profits but instead I would like to find someone who would enjoy having them. These were collected by my father and it is now time to pass them on. Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested and I can send pics and info. Thanks

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior might be the book that is remembered as the book everyone hated but that might make it more valuable. lol

I never thought of that. Darn it :P

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sapperjak: Dan Slott's stuff is pretty good? You can save up for a trade, they are more durable, and cheaper than some of the single issues in the middle of his run (such as #655. 656)

If you want some good comics to buy month on month for them, my suggestions would be Daredevil and Hawkeye.

If you are bent on reading Spider-Man, then Superior and Avenging isn't a bad place to start.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I only once started and finished a collection.....Ultimate Spider-Man with Peter.

I need to be inspired by the comicmaking team....when it firstly went out i was 5 or 6 years old....so i bought it all 3 years ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.