Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's Amazing Spider-Man

Posted by MAllen (68 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#1 Edited by MAllen (68 posts) - - Show Bio

With Spider-Man movies being a common thing now, and new fans being introduced to him through the theater, I think it's always good to remind ALL fans of the roots of this great character.

#2 Posted by Nerx (15351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ditko is special

a very great man

now alone :(

made strange, question, creeper and squirrel girl as well

#3 Edited by MAllen (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Ditko is certainly a rare and special talent. The superiority of his Spider-Man material is kind of a double-edged sword, in that it dazzles fans even today, yet also takes attention away from a lot of other great work he has done.

#4 Posted by clonesaga2099 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

This is exactly why I picked up the Marvel essentials! The Lee/Ditko Spider-Man is such a great run, because they liked the character and made sales by telling fun and clever stories, instead of relying on cheap gimmicks.

#5 Edited by gotwillpower (718 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just starting to read Volume 1, and it really is amazing!

#6 Posted by MAllen (68 posts) - - Show Bio

It is so cool to hear about people still discovering the classic stuff! Gives me hope that it won't be forgotten!

#7 Edited by PunyParker (14953 posts) - - Show Bio

We "fans" know what originally happened.....some other people who say that ASM ripped off the Raimi movies,just because was bit by a spider in both of 'em.....need to learn some stuff....

i started reading Vol.1, 3 months ago,and yesterday i finished "the night Gwen Stacy died".....big step,risk,but done in an awesome way!.....SUCK IT UP SLOTT!

#8 Posted by MAllen (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe the average skill and plotting ability of the today's comics professional has, compared to those of yesteryear, decreased. Now, it may only APPEAR so, due to the industry's love affair with events and stunts, but either way, the fans lose.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.