Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spidey on Avenger 2 may be a possibility

• 106 results
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By BatteredArmor

@SandMan_ said:

So..How do you think Spidey would integrate in the Avengers movie? Where was he when the Chitauri attacked? Where was Iron Man when the Lizard when on a rampage? Stuff like that?

The famous Parker luck, he had detention or something during the invasion and Tony was on a date during Lizard :P

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By Gambit1024

@Gambler said:

@Gambit1024: Ha! My bad man. Just not a character I find interesting. Greatest feats include creating one of the Avengers greatest enemies and beating his wife. Dudes a champion -_-

His creation of Ultron is a bigger and better scientific feat than most of Marvel's bigger brains can ever claim to fame. Plus, if it weren't for him, Vision wouldn't exist, and Vision is awesome. He hit Jan ONCE and it was an artist's mistake, so really it doesn't count at all. Reed beats Sue all the time, and nobody cares, but when Hank did it, he's the bad guy.

..Sorry... Hank's my boy. :P

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By SandMan_
    @BlackArmor said:

@SandMan_ said:

So..How do you think Spidey would integrate in the Avengers movie? Where was he when the Chitauri attacked? Where was Iron Man when the Lizard when on a rampage? Stuff like that?

The famous Parker luck, he had detention or something during the invasion and Tony was on a date during Lizard :P

detention? -___-  something more realistic...The school would have been abandon.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Gambit1024 said:

His creation of Ultron is a bigger and better scientific feat than most of Marvel's bigger brains can ever claim to fame. Plus, if it weren't for him, Vision wouldn't exist, and Vision is awesome. He hit Jan ONCE and it was an artist's mistake, so really it doesn't count at all. Reed beats Sue all the time, and nobody cares, but when Hank did it, he's the bad guy.

I'm sure that comes as a great comfort everytime Ultron shows up and starts killing sh!t :P "Hey guys, sorry about that but hey, what a scientific marvel he is :D" Reed's just a pimp who had to lay down the law. Hank's a jealous hater who knows his woman is outta his league and he doesnt know how to deal (I'm f'n wit ya lol). Reed isnt a fan fav of mine either. But he's an A-Lister, he can get away with some wife beating  apparently.
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SandMan_
    @War Killer: How would you integrate Spidey in the Avengers? Where was Spidey during the Chitauri invasion and where was Iron Man during the lizards rampage?
    Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SandMan_
    @Tyrus: Not the same thing.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BatteredArmor

@SandMan_ said:

@BlackArmor said:

@SandMan_ said:

detention? -___- something more realistic...The school would have been abandon.

Okay,....um he had detention when the invasion started suddenly and a Chitauri was knocked off his vehicle by Hulk and fell through the roof of Peter's school where he was helping evacuate and the Chitauri landed on his legs with some rubble pinning him for the entire movie :P

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SandMan_
    @BlackArmor: -____-
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Gambit1024

@Gambler said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I'm sure that comes as a great comfort everytime Ultron shows up and starts killing sh!t :P "Hey guys, sorry about that but hey, what a scientific marvel he is :D" Reed's just a pimp who had to lay down the law. Hank's a jealous hater who knows his woman is outta his league and he doesnt know how to deal (I'm f'n wit ya lol). Reed isnt a fan fav of mine either. But he's an A-Lister, he can get away with some wife beating apparently.

Fair enough, lol. But dammit, Ultron is a scientific marvel, and makes the Iron Man suit look like cardboard. And Jan was asking for it. Nobody should nag at someone who's going through a breakdown

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Gambit1024: Hahahaha
    Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Tyrus

@SandMan_: And btw, if they do it chronologically - Peter wouldn't of BEEN Spider-Man at the time of the Chitauri invasion - he'd probably of been the regular high school nerd he is at the start of his film... BTW, if they can figure a way to keep Iron Man away from Cap's movie - then I'm pretty sure they can figure out a way as to where Iron Man was during the events of The Amazing Spider-Man.

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By jinxuandi

@SandMan_ said:

Exactly. General public would like to see both Spidey and Wolverine.

An Avengers movie with Spider-Man and Wolverine would probably make a lot of money (then again, so did one WITHOUT them), but it would be hard to translate the dynamic of that team onto the silver screen. They're very unlikely to add the total number of members, so you could replace Thor (or Hulk) with Wolverine and Hawkeye with Parker. But that changes the dynamic drastically. You no longer have the sexual tension between Hawkeye and Black Widow (or Black Widow and anyone, for that matter). You lose that otherworldiness that Thor brought and replace it with the arrogant "I don't play well with others" trope of Wolverine (which, by the way, Tony Stark already brings to the table). There's a reason why these characters weren't teamed up until Bendis did so and it's because they're conceptual mismatches.

I just don't think it would be a good movie (and I say that as a movie fan, not a comic fan).

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SandMan_
    @Tyrus said:

@SandMan_: And btw, if they do it chronologically - Peter wouldn't of BEEN Spider-Man at the time of the Chitauri invasion - he'd probably of been the regular high school nerd he is at the start of his film... BTW, if they can figure a way to keep Iron Man away from Cap's movie - then I'm pretty sure they can figure out a way as to where Iron Man was during the events of The Amazing Spider-Man.

That makes more sense.

@jinxuandi
    Nobody has to replace anyone dude. The whole point is to have them together. All you need is a good writer with incredible imagination and a great production team.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BatteredArmor

@SandMan_: come on that last one was kind of funny....right? Oh well. Seriously though, just have ASM happen after Avengers so Peter doesn't have his powers yet and then say that IronMan was busy supporting Cap on an overseas mission where advanced tec was required when the Lizard attacked. It's a simple explanation sure but it would work

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#66  Edited By Strider1992

@Gambit1024 said:

Theoretically, if Disney and Sony came to an agreement, it could be possible. I heard somewhere that Sony would've let Disney put put the Oscorp building in the Avengers movie, but by the time that agreement was made, it was too late to put it in the final cut. If that's true, then Spider-Man being in an Avengers sequel isn't that unheard of...

Yeah I remember this. I'm surprised Sony where willing to play-ball.

If I had my way i'd have a New Avengers film made with the same characters as the current roaster. Don't get me wrong i'm a Spider-man fan but:

1. I don't like him being in the Avengers in the comics let alone the movie

2. I don't see a good chemistry in the current Avengers Movie team but an NA movie I could get on board with!

From what i've seen Spider-man could well be appearing in future Avenger's movies as Sony want to out do Avatar and Titanic in the box office and Marvel has already broached the subject to them. Why wouldn't Sony accept? Its a win/win situation.

Although its kinda sad considering all the other Marvel characters that could be in the movie before Spider-man there's still the fact that Spider-man's addition would draw a HUGE audience (People who liked the 1st Avengers movie, people who are fans of Spider-man which is nearly every kid considering the cartoons etc...). From a producers point of view the profit margin is damn high. So I would say its very likely to happen whether its Avengers 2 or 3. Not to mention although we comic fans would like it to stick closer to the comics by adding Ms Marvel, Black Panther etc... first. The general public have probably never heard of them so they really wouldn't care lol. Spider-man on the other hand is Marvel's flagship character whether you like him or not.

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jinxuandi

@SandMan_: No, no one HAS to replace anyone. But Whedon struggled to pull off having 6 main characters. Having 8 (in addition to whatever supporting cast they decide to bring in) would make the film feel bogged down with cameos and characters that aren't really necessary (a la Wolverine Origins).

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By oraclefyre

Cameo, and not a big role. The roster is so full. I don't want to see Andrew Garfield in it for the sake of having Spider-Man in the movie.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#69  Edited By SpidermanWins

MAKE IT HAPPEN

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#70  Edited By TheCannon

It can't happen. Sony has the film rights. So unless Disney gets them back, we won't see Spidey in an Avengers movie. And I for one don't want to see him. For Spidey and the X-men, I think it's better to separate those from other movies.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Strider1992

@TheCannon: I think the whole point of this thread is based on the theory it might happen as Sony agreed for Oscorp to cameo in The Avengers. So yes its unlikely to happen but Marvel have apparently broached the subject of a crossover to Sony (as both companies are now getting along better). While its unlikely thats not say it can't happen.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#72  Edited By Lvenger

Disney and Sony will never come to an agreement. Their egos (and shares in respective franchises) would never allow the two to cooperate. And I'm with Gambit here, I don't want to see Spider-Man in the Avengers, not even a cameo. I'd tolerate a cameo but I still don't think it should happen. Spider-Man's popular enough without needing to gatecrash in on the Avengers. There are so many other classic Avengers such as Black Panther, Ms Marvel, Hank Pym, the Wasp, Vision and countless others who deserve to be in the Avengers rather than Spider-Man. And definitely Wolverine. Everyone's well aware of those two, the Avengers films should focus on promoting characters the general populace are hardly aware of.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By KainScion

never gonna happen. not while spider-man movies make money.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@SandMan_ said:

@Gambler: Hey how would Spidey integrate in the Avengers? Like, where was he when the chitauri attacked? Where was Iron Man when the llizard went crazy?

Wouldn't it be funny if He was actually there during the invasion but beause of his ''public image" people still saw him as a menace. So then he gets no credit. lol

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#75  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @SandMan_ said:
    @War Killer: How would you integrate Spidey in the Avengers? Where was Spidey during the Chitauri invasion and where was Iron Man during the lizards rampage?
    Depends on when the movies were set honestly, I'd say ASM was set after The Avengers, as that would mean Peter would have been unable to join the fight because he had set to get his powers. As for why Iron Man or Captain America didn't help with Lizard, depending on how much of a threat he is in the movie, it's possible that it wasn't that big of a threat that it would bring the attention of Iron Man or even S.H.I.E.L.D. for that matter.
    NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NEEK_03

@Gambit1024 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambler said:

@Gambit1024 said:

...But before Ant-Man? and Black Panther? and Ms. Marvel?

I agree with you from a comic fan perspective, but most of the general movie going public have no idea who those characters are nor do they care.

That's why they should get movies.

Like every other member of the Avengers who, five years or so ago, audiences didn't know or care about.

Can you imagine a world a few years ago where Iron Man was a big name superhero? It's hard to believe how much things have changed.

Exactly this. Iron Man was a C-lister at best before 2008. He gets his own movie and BAM, he's just as popular as Spider-Man. The same thing could and should happen to all those other characters.

NOT as bis as spiderman, but yes very very well known.

however i feel ppl are going to think a black panther movie will be too close to batman, too soon.

spiderman could fit in where his movie takes place like a year or two after the invasion, say he didnt have his powers, and the reason the avengers dont help with the lizard cuz it isnt a big enough threat. not world threatining.

i think a cameo would be enough and PERFECT, have him save one of the avengers, they ask him to join in and he makes a claim like he has a date with gwen they can handle it, or he is busy chasing whatever next villain is gonna be in the second movie.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#77  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I honestly can't see why they wouldn't do it, financially it will be successful for both companies

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SandMan_
    @War Killer said:
    @SandMan_ said:
    Depends on when the movies were set honestly, I'd say ASM was set after The Avengers, as that would mean Peter would have been unable to join the fight because he had set to get his powers. As for why Iron Man or Captain America didn't help with Lizard, depending on how much of a threat he is in the movie, it's possible that it wasn't that big of a threat that it would bring the attention of Iron Man or even S.H.I.E.L.D. for that matter.
    Spidey not having his powers makes sense . Iron Man...was probably on the other side of the world or something.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BatteredArmor

The Avengers could use a rookie on the team, everyone who's already a member seems to have a couple of years of experience, it would certainly be an interesting addition to the dynamic

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By venomyak

I think I know how they could work in a cameo without upsetting people who want to see more "classic" Avengers first. Let's say they have a scene where they look at several people they could put on the team and Spidey is one of them, but he gets passed up in favor of Ant-man or Iron Fist or someone.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By sinestro_GL

lol...too bad the producers at Sony aren't comic book fans...they're just business men.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Strider1992

@joshmightbe said:

I'd love to see Spiderman in the Avengers movie as an actual part of the story but not as a full team member, I'd like to see a more classic Spiderman/Avengers team up where he helps out but doesn't really join the team.

Coincidentally didn't Spider-man help out the Avengers in their first fight against Thanos? I have this image of both Spider-man and the Thing being there at the time.

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83  Edited By MrArrogant

I don't know how I'd feel if spider-man were in the film, it'll feel weird.. as someone said he just doesn't feel like a classic avenger, he's very "bendis era" though then again bendisy stuff may work with joss whedon's interpretation. I'd rather see characters like ant-man, wasp, black panter, ms. marvel and so on before spidey shows up. Though maybe have fury look over an "active heroes" screen and spider-man be on it, if this even happened as I'm aware the rights to certain marvel characters belong to other studios.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Did anyone notice in the Amazing Spider-Man game for the movie where one the mental patients calls Spider-Man "Captain America"? This probably means nothing, but I was just curious if that was a nob from Sony that Spider-Man is set in the same universe as Avengers or if it was just a little in-game joke to the comic fans.

Just found it interesting that we have this rumor of Sony and Marvel apparently trying to have a shared universe and Sony was okay with them mentioning Cap in the game, which is supposedly set in the same universe as the movie which would mean Captain America also exist in this same universe as people know of him. Just an interesting thought, curious what others think of this.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SandMan_
    @War Killer: They just need to correct continuity.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @SandMan_ said:
    @War Killer: They just need to correct continuity.
    What do you mean?
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SandMan_
    @War Killer: They have to explain where was iron man during The lizards rampage AND if they do want Spidey in Avengers 2, they need to start connecting the dots.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @SandMan_ said:
    @War Killer: They have to explain where was iron man during The lizards rampage AND if they do want Spidey in Avengers 2, they need to start connecting the dots.
    I really don't think it's that difficult or something that should cause much confusion really. Though I haven't seen the movie yet, I have a feeling that Lizard isn't going to be something that really catches the notice of Iron Man seeing as he and the Avengers just took on a whole alien invasion, I doubt he'd really pay much attention to stories of a giant lizard terrorizing New York City (unless it was like...Fin Fang Foom xD). Same goes for Captain America. If it gets anyone's attention, it would probably be S.H.I.E.L.D. and Nick Fury, who would probably just send an agent to check it out to see if it's something they need to get involved in.

I also think that ASM will probably be set after Avengers, which would also explain why Spider-Man didn't help fight Loki's army.
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SandMan_
    @War Killer: Why wouldn't it grab Iron man's or Cap attention? Its a 12 foot Lizardman...
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @SandMan_ said:
    @War Killer: Why wouldn't it grab Iron man's or Cap attention? Its a 12 foot Lizardman...
    Well once again, I've yet to see the movie (nor have I watched any of the trailers) so my answer may change after I see the film. But I can't see Lizard just running around the city, making a name for himself on the five o'clock news, so it's possibly that S.H.I.E.L.D. would know that there a situation involving a giant lizard-man, but to make the movies work together as we know that Iron Man or Cap aren't going to be appearing in this movie (though it would be awesome if they did xD), but to make them work I could see S.H.I.E.L.D. holding off on sending in someone like Iron Man or Cap and instead sending an agent to investigate the problem before sending in the "big guns". This would lead to Spider-Man stopping Lizard and S.H.I.E.L.D. seeing potential in recruiting Spidey for the Avengers Initiative.

But I'm pretty sure we're not going to have Iron Man or Cap in the movie, so there has to be a reason why they weren't there.
    FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By FearTheLiving

Honestly not sure how I feel about this I really wanted ASM to fail but if they are actually working to try and allow them to put him in this universe it could be good. Really on the fence about it though so we'll see.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Tyrus

@SandMan_: Bro, I already said that Marvel can find ways to keep characters away from other characters respective films - You see, in phase one of the solo films, it was easy - because while Whiplash was creating chaos, Thor was still in Asgard, Cap MAY of not been found or awoken yet, and if I'm correct Incredible Hulk takes place AFTER Iron Man 2, so Bruce Banner was still in Brazil trying to control himself. Even in Thor's film, the fight with the Destroyer was in New Mexico and lasted for like 2 minutes, so Iron Man couldn't just come over there and not to mention, but Thor's action sequences mostly took place in Asgard... For an example as to why Iron Man wasn't at the Lizard's rampage in New York, you could tie his actions with the events of Iron Man 3 which we'll still have to see, or you could even say Spider-Man takes place after an Avengers sequel - but like I said, you'll have to wait an see - You can't just ask us to fully answer a question to something we don't know, just be patient man.

melvintwj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By melvintwj

Hello new to this forum!

Anyways, I believe that in the Ultimate universe, Nick Fury had been sort of "watching over" Peter Parker's actions after he became Spider-Man. Well, that could work for the film.. Say Nick Fury knew that Peter Parker could handle the Lizard. Also, didn't Nick Fury approach Spider-Man sometimes after Pete was starting to lose control of his life? And that's when Nick Fury told him that he will be part of a bigger team when he turns 18..

I didn't really organize my points, but yeah I guess it could work

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By Funrush

Spidey joining the team would be pretty cool IMO. If they can't get the rights, maybe we can get Spider-Woman in. But first, they need to incorporate Antman and Wasp. XD Am I the only one who was really mad when they heard that Hawkeye and Widow were replacing Antman and Wasp?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Tyrus

Spider-Man should be in Avengers 2 - He did play a role with the fight against Thanos in the comics, and not to mention that an Avengers movie with Spider-Man - this movie would make TRILLIONS.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#96  Edited By Duke_Nasty
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#97  Edited By X35

@Blood1991 said:

I wouldn't mind a cameo, but I would be pretty PO'd if he was made a member in the 2nd movie.... or 3rd.

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#98  Edited By Jakesully1981

If only Sony can sell Spider-Man to Disney so we can see him in an Avengers sequel

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Powerzone789

this is VERY old news

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By renamed040924

@SandMan_ said:

Tony Stark lives in L.A. in the movies, I don't really think he'd fly across the country unless it became apparent Lizard was truly a big threat.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.