Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spidey on Avenger 2 may be a possibility

• 106 results
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SandMan_
    Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jorgevy

I actually heard something today about the executive producer of ASM being in talks with the people at Marvel Studios and the Avengers producers, but I thought it was just a rumour

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SandMan_
    @Jorgevy: You did? Where?
    KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KraytRawk

they only problem would be that Sony holds the rights to spider man instead of Marvel (stupid), but it could very well be a possibility. Sony stated that they were going to allow the avengers to have the Oscorp building in the New York skyline.However by the time they said they'd allow it, the movie had already had a final cut. Now it may not sound like it, but THAT IS A HUGE STEP. Honestly i think it would be stupid not to let them use spider man, its a $$ fest.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

While this is something I'd probably believe more when I actually see it, due to the rights and all that mess.

But if Marvel/Disney and Sony actually allowed this to happen that would be pretty awesome! :D

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jorgevy

@SandMan_: just skipped through it. As I said, I thought it was a unfounded rumour so I didnt click on it

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SandMan_
    @KraytRawk: Maybe they should start by letting Oscorp be seen in Iron Man 3. Hell, look how much the Avengers made...Can you imagine how much it would make if Spidey was there?

@War Killer
    Sony only holds the film rights...Disney holds the merchandising rights. they came to a deal.
    KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KraytRawk

@SandMan_ said:

@KraytRawk: Maybe they should start by letting Oscorp be seen in Iron Man 3. Hell, look how much the Avengers made...Can you imagine how much it would make if Spidey was there?

@War Killer: Sony only holds the film rights...Disney holds the merchandising rights. they came to a deal.

Here ya go, you can skip to the spidey/avengers news.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Blood1991

I wouldn't mind a cameo, but I would be pretty PO'd if he was made a member in the 2nd movie.... or 3rd.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SandMan_
    @KraytRawk: They need to get their stuff together. Everyone wants Spidey in the Avengers!
    KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KraytRawk

@SandMan_: i agree man! i'd love to see spidey in the film, or vise versa

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SandMan_
    @Jorgevy: Noooo! Why would you do that??? XD

@KraytRawk
    Iron Man 3....Oscorp building...please.
    Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jorgevy

@SandMan_: aahhahaa, oh well, Im a " if it's true or meant to happen, it will happen/appear somewhere" kinda guy, so I didnt care, if it happens, we will know soon

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SandMan_
    @Jorgevy: Alright. Hope it happens to.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Where did this whole rumor about Oscorp being in The Avengers movie come from and has Marvel/Sony confirmed this?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Gambit1024

Theoretically, if Disney and Sony came to an agreement, it could be possible. I heard somewhere that Sony would've let Disney put put the Oscorp building in the Avengers movie, but by the time that agreement was made, it was too late to put it in the final cut. If that's true, then Spider-Man being in an Avengers sequel isn't that unheard of...

However, I personally hope Spider-Man's nowhere near it. I might be in the minority, but Spider-Man's not... I don't know, he's not a "classic Avenger." He has no place in a franchise that doesn't even have characters like Hank Pym, Wasp, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, and all the other classics. Plus, a Spider-Man addition would feel forced, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind a brief cameo, but a full-fledged appearance and team member-status would be too much.

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KraytRawk

@War Killer said:

Where did this whole rumor about Oscorp being in The Avengers movie come from and has Marvel/Sony confirmed this?

Yes, Sony did at least.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024: Neither is Black Widow. And everything work out well :P
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By BatteredArmor

That'd be awesome, but there's no point to raising my hopes up until official conformation of the hihest order

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

@SandMan_: Well yeah, but at least she's been on the team for more than 20 years. Besides, she was on the Ultimates, so there's that.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By InnerVenom123

Would love it.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024: So? :P You know how much people would love to see Avengers to with Spidey on it? :P
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit1024

@SandMan_ said:

@Gambit1024: So? :P You know how much people would love to see Avengers to with Spidey on it? :P

Everyone but me, apparently, lol. I guess I'd just rather see characters like Ant-Man and Wasp before characters from the... *shudders* Bendis era...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024: HEY! HEY!...Don't you dare mention that name here! Its forbidden!
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Not much of a Spiderman fan but I cant lie, Spidey in the AvG 2 seems like a cant lose situation.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By ReVamp

Possibly Probably

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By shanana

OOOH that's awesome

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

The Avengers are Earth's Mightiest Heroes, they should have Marvel greatest heroes on the team. So I don't care what people say or think, Spider-Man is Marvel greatest superhero and deserves to be on the Avengers. Period.

So while I still don't know if this is true, I'm all for Spider-Man being in an Avengers sequel.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gambit1024

@SandMan_: SORRY! Sorry... The name just comes up whenever someone mentions the Avengers and Spider-Man... and Wolverine... and Cage... and Rulk... and damn near anyone else...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024: We have a set of rules in this thread...Mentioning that name makes you a sinner and a law breaker :P

But...Jesus, Spidey in the Avengers 2 is a can't lose situation.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By InnerVenom123

@War Killer said:

The Avengers are Earth's Mightiest Heroes, they should have Marvel greatest heroes on the team. So I don't care what people say or think, Spider-Man is Marvel greatest superhero and deserves to be on the Avengers. Period.

The sad thing is, and also the thing that makes him such a great hero is, that isn't everyone's perspective in-universe. They all think he's weird. Hawkeye is creeped out by him. They treat him like a kid.

That'd be depressing to see on screen. Hopefully the movieverse would lighten up on the Parker luck just a bit and give him some respect.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gambit1024

@War Killer said:

...But before Ant-Man? and Black Panther? and Ms. Marvel?

@SandMan_ said:

@Gambit1024: We have a set of rules in this thread...Mentioning that name makes you a sinner and a law breaker :P But...Jesus, Spidey in the Avengers 2 is a can't lose situation.

Sorry -_-

I know that it's a can't-lose situation, and that it'll probably happen, but I'm not totally for it. I'm not against it either, though. Really, I'm just sorta on the "wait and see" kind of perspective.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024: LOL I hope it does happen. It will probably outgross Titanic.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

I'd love to see Spiderman in the Avengers movie as an actual part of the story but not as a full team member, I'd like to see a more classic Spiderman/Avengers team up where he helps out but doesn't really join the team.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

If we're lucky, Ms. Marvel will be in Avengers 2. I have a feeling, if only a cameo, Hank Pym will be in it too. Last time I checked, there was supposed to be a mention of him in Thor but got cut, so it's not like Marvel hasn't tried already.

But I do believe Spider-Man deserves to be in the Avengers before Ant-Man or Black Panther, not dissing those characters as I actually love the idea of Ant-Man, but there's no denying that Spider-Man is Marvel greatest superhero so thus deserves to be fighting alongside Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @InnerVenom123 said:

@War Killer said:

The sad thing is, and also the thing that makes him such a great hero is, that isn't everyone's perspective in-universe. They all think he's weird. Hawkeye is creeped out by him. They treat him like a kid.

That'd be depressing to see on screen. Hopefully the movieverse would lighten up on the Parker luck just a bit and give him some respect.

But Captain America would see the true hero he is, hopefully Iron Man would see the brains behind the mask, and Thor would probably greet him as a great warrior. xD

I doubt they'd all see him as a kid, plus depending on how old he is in ASM, by the time Avengers 2 roles around he might be 18 or 19, so I don't think they would see him as a "kid", more likely he'll be the rookie Avenger or something. lol
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gambit1024

@SandMan_ said:

@Gambit1024: LOL I hope it does happen. It will probably outgross Titanic.

It's looking that way (it crossed the $600 million mark domestically today). I heard rumors saying that Disney wants to re-release it in August with all the bonus footage that didn't make the final cut. If that happens, it'll definitely outsell Titanic.

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

If we're lucky, Ms. Marvel will be in Avengers 2. I have a feeling, if only a cameo, Hank Pym will be in it too. Last time I checked, there was supposed to be a mention of him in Thor but got cut, so it's not like Marvel hasn't tried already. But I do believe Spider-Man deserves to be in the Avengers before Ant-Man or Black Panther, not dissing those characters as I actually love the idea of Ant-Man, but there's no denying that Spider-Man is Marvel greatest superhero so thus deserves to be fighting alongside Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I don't think that Spider-Man shouldn't be in the movies at all, but... at least get Ant-Man in there first. I mean he was a founder after all.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Gambit1024 said:

I agree with you from a comic fan perspective, but most of the general movie going public have no idea who those characters are nor do they care.
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SandMan_

Exactly. General public would like to see both Spidey and Wolverine.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Gambler said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I agree with you from a comic fan perspective, but most of the general movie going public have no idea who those characters are nor do they care.

That's why they should get movies.

Like every other member of the Avengers who, five years or so ago, audiences didn't know or care about.

Can you imagine a world a few years ago where Iron Man was a big name superhero? It's hard to believe how much things have changed.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gambit1024

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambler said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Like every other member of the Avengers who, five years or so ago, audiences didn't know or care about.

Can you imagine a world a few years ago where Iron Man was a big name superhero? It's hard to believe how much things have changed.

Exactly this. Iron Man was a C-lister at best before 2008. He gets his own movie and BAM, he's just as popular as Spider-Man. The same thing could and should happen to all those other characters.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @InnerVenom123 said:

@Gambler said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I agree, but still, Iron Man still had some name recognition outside comics (I think). He wasnt huge but people knew his name. I'd love to see BP and Ms Marvel get some shine, could care less about Ant Man though :P
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Spider-man in Avengers 2 will cause that movie to absolutely dominate the box office.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gambit1024

@Gambler said:

I agree, but still, Iron Man still had some name recognition outside comics (I think). He wasnt huge but people knew his name. I'd love to see BP and Ms Marvel get some shine, could care less about Ant Man though :P

D:

>:(

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SandMan_

So..How do you think Spidey would integrate in the Avengers movie? Where was he when the Chitauri attacked? Where was Iron Man when the Lizard when on a rampage? Stuff like that?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Gambit1024: Ha! My bad man. Just not a character I find interesting. Greatest feats include creating one of the Avengers greatest enemies and beating his wife. Dudes a champion -_-
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By InnerVenom123

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Spider-man in Avengers 2 will cause that movie to absolutely dominate the box office.

This, too.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambler: Hey how would Spidey integrate in the Avengers? Like, where was he when the chitauri attacked? Where was Iron Man when the llizard went crazy?
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @SandMan_ said:
    @Gambler: Hey how would Spidey integrate in the Avengers? Like, where was he when the chitauri attacked? Where was Iron Man when the llizard went crazy?
    No idea lol. Iron Man was probably drunk and Spiderman was off being emo somewhere :P
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambler said:
    @SandMan_ said:
    No idea lol. Iron Man was probably drunk and Spiderman was off being emo somewhere :P
    LOL Pete could have been in another country researching or something...Iron-Man was probably busy with the events of iron Man 2 or something...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.