Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spiderverse Plot Hole?

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Morlun and his inheritors family like to eat Spidermen of each and every single multiverse.... However the first time Spiderman tussle with Morlun, wasn't he defeated because he tried to eat Peter but found out his power was given to him by a radioactive spider? And since most of the other Sipdermen have the same origin. Especially that one with Mayday Parker.... Should a lot of the Inheritor had been dead?

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: spider man doesn't have enough radioactivity in his body to kill him and i don't think mayday is radioactive she inherited her powers genetically

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: If i remember right Peter gave himself another dose of radiation before Morlun tried to feast on him.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@duzz: spider man doesn't have enough radioactivity in his body to kill him and i don't think mayday is radioactive she inherited her powers genetically

I thought that was what killed Morlun the first time around when Peter surrendered and let Morlun eat him only to die because of the radioactivity in his blood. That he did not get his spider power by some mystical or other means. The Spiderverse ending seem to point out that Radioactive things is their weakness. Mayday might not have the radioactive blood,but her father Peter Parker did, so when the Inheritor ate him, shouldn't he had taken one down with him?

Miles, I can understand, same with Spiderman 2099. But Most of the variation of Spiderman was a radioactive spider bite.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: he injected himself with a near lethal dose of radiation and his healing factor stopped him being killed

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: Spidey injected himself with radiation, Morlun tried to feed on him but was weakened instead and then Morlun's servant, Dex I think his name was, shot him to death out of revenge for abusing him (or something like that).

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Wouldn't another plot hole be that all the spiders die because of the incursions? Most of the Spider-men/women home worlds would be destroyed so it didn't matter if they won since in the end most of them will be killed. I know some Spiders are set to appear in Secret War, but most look like they weren't so lucky, and that would also mean that there's a strong possibility that the world where they found Spidwr Uncle Ben, and left the inheritors in would be destroyed by an incursion as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.