Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spiderman's love interest in the new movie, who should it be ? People's thoughts

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Catty_Spider1

Ok so with the new Spiderman film coming up, I wondered who would people like it to be.

Spiderman has more than few potential love interests to choose from, so would people like MJ or Gwen again, or go for Felicia or even someone totally different like Liz Allen or Betty Brant.

Myself: Its too soon to do Gwen again so I hope they go with Felicia, giving Spidey the love interest as opposed to Peter Parker, as well as introducing MJ for future films.

So what do other people think ?

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd choose MJ. If Gwen hadn't been used so recently I'd start with her, and then move on to MJ.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

despite being a spidey fanboy, i am ignorant on most high school spidey cannon. he was already an adult when i started reading. it will probably have to be someone else besides mj and gwen. those 2 have been done to death. also, how old will spiderman be in his own movie? will he be at least a senior?

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

despite being a spidey fanboy, i am ignorant on most high school spidey cannon. he was already an adult when i started reading. it will probably have to be someone else besides mj and gwen. those 2 have been done to death. also, how old will spiderman be in his own movie? will he be at least a senior?

I could be wrong but I think he will be 16/17 while the actor will be 19.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spider11211

Carlie Cooper...not!

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think I read somewhere that romance won't really be a huge factor for this new Spidey, at least in the first movie. Sure, it'll definitely be present but I think Feige mentioned that it'd only be around in a kind of sub-plot setting. It won't be the main motivation of the movie's story, I could be wrong though so don't quote me on that.

I believe the whole point of this new Spidey is seeing him in a brand new element, he's a teenager who has all these crazy abilities and this regular life as a high schooler. We've seen him in high school, sure, but we've never seen a Peter Parker who inhabits such a rich and connected world on screen before. I mean, this will be the first time Peter can actually say things like 'oh man, what would Captain America do?' when fighting people that he'll struggle against like Scorpion for instance. It's such a little thing, barely even an afterthought, but it's monumentally huge because he can think those things for the first time ever on screen.

Romance can come later, right now, I think their main goal is to differentiate from the two previous cinematic Spider-Men and provide an interesting insight into the life of this amateur vigilante who wants to thrive in a post Avengers world.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a movie with Spiderman and the Blackcat. Especially when she flirts with spidey lol ;P

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ. I really wish the Sony/Marvel deal had been made right after Amazing Spider-Man 1 and that they had kept Garfield, that way we could have had Gwen eventually die and then move to MJ. But as it stands, I think they should just do MJ. Maybe bring in Black Cat a little latter as competition for MJ.

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with there being a love-interest in the Marvel/Sony Spider-Man movies. I just think that they need to branch out form the "Spider-Man saves love-interest" plot. Ironically, the most recent movies are not as guilty of this as the original trilogy.

Spider-Man: Save MJ (and the kids) from Green Goblin.

Spider-Man 2: Save MJ from Doc Ock.

Spider-Man 3: Save MJ from Venom and Sandman.

ASM: Peter never needed to rescue Gwen the from lizard (besides when she intervened during the school fight). Also, the Lizard basically ignored her once he got the device that would send the "Lizard Formula" into the air.

ASM2: Again, it is only at the end where Gwen needs saving (which Peter fails at doing).

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@friv said:

I think I read somewhere that romance won't really be a huge factor for this new Spidey, at least in the first movie. Sure, it'll definitely be present but I think Feige mentioned that it'd only be around in a kind of sub-plot setting. It won't be the main motivation of the movie's story, I could be wrong though so don't quote me on that.

I believe the whole point of this new Spidey is seeing him in a brand new element, he's a teenager who has all these crazy abilities and this regular life as a high schooler. We've seen him in high school, sure, but we've never seen a Peter Parker who inhabits such a rich and connected world on screen before. I mean, this will be the first time Peter can actually say things like 'oh man, what would Captain America do?' when fighting people that he'll struggle against like Scorpion for instance. It's such a little thing, barely even an afterthought, but it's monumentally huge because he can think those things for the first time ever on screen.

Romance can come later, right now, I think their main goal is to differentiate from the two previous cinematic Spider-Men and provide an interesting insight into the life of this amateur vigilante who wants to thrive in a post Avengers world.

This would be my wish. Introduce both Gwen and MJ as hot girls in high school who Peter likes, and explore his relationships with them as he gets more confident due to the spider bite, but that's all. I don't want there to be any sort of romance sub plot, or even a date.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tony Stark and Captain America love triangle. Real reason why Civil War will happen.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

MJ.

spidermenace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spidermenace

i don't think there should be a big love story in the first movie, but i think they should introduce mj as peter's friend and have them get together in a later movie.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that they are going to play the romance side. but if they do I would want them to use Betty Brant because they have not really used her as a serious love interest in the movies before.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kcomicfan: Ah, that's clever. Don't think I've seen anyone even mention Betty yet, which is weird because wasn't she Peter's very first girlfriend? Nice thinking there, dude.

@blackspidey2099: Exactly. You'd think he'd have more important things to worry about than girls when he's off being Spider-Man, I just want to see a kid struggle with these amazing powers in such an incredibly dense and rich world, with these larger than life Gods to aspire to. That's exactly what I want to see when it comes to a teenage Spider-Man in the MCU.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Mary Jane. Emma Stone is a huge actress and it will be hard to surpass the recent ASM movies. Also, we need to replace Kirsten Dunst.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Above all else we need someone that has chemistry with Tom Holland. The chemistry is a big reason why the romance in the Amazing Spider-man films worked.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To run counter to the question, do we need to have a love interest? Could we have a story that does not need it?

Maybe a different angel focusing on friendship at this point?

Spidermenace may have a good point.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I've wanted them to do Black Cat as Spidey's love interest since the first movie. Seeing how young Holland is though, that might be awkward now. They shoulda cast Max Thierot or Kyle Gallner, they woulda kicked ass.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ, Gwen, and Black Cat where all three show interest in him but in the end Peter is still all by himself

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ, their relationship needs all the support it can get right now. They can start as friends like in ultimate or something but at the end they should end up together.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I'd like for a better portrayal of MJ but I can handle there not being a love interest or the romance sub-plot taking a back seat. I'd love too see Black Cat as well but I'm pretty sure casual movie goers would see her as a Catwoman rip off.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actually i wouldn't mind seeing felicia. she is the only one that hasn't been done.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FearTheLiving

Liz Allan or Betty Brant

So what I'm essentially saying is skip the romantic sub-plot for the first movie.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Reilly

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liz Allen as romantic interest in the first movie.

Then he goes and gets in a relationship with Betty Brant.

Dont get him to be with Gwen or MJ since day one.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Catty_Spider1

@kcomicfan:

Agreed about the chemistry. Though that might have been due to them dating in real life which translated well to screen.

But yeah Thor is a great example of what it can look like if the chemistry is flat.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: Girlfriends are a big part of Spideys life so yeah I see it happening.

Like I said I hope it's Black Cat she's a major love interest and not been done yet. It's her turn so to speak.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.