Spiderman World ruled by Clones??

#1 Posted by Union (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you ever realize that in all the story that envolves Spiderman, theres a clones in each corner?

I mean, theres like 5 "Clone Saga" for the guy, and each time an enemy is "Reborn" it is actually a clone, like Ultimate Scorpion, even the support characters like Mary Jane have one. Venom had 5 or 6 of them if we count the cloned She-Venom.

It is Necesary to limit the options of new guys in the series like this?. Or it is kindda like a short imagination for the characters past?

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

There were 5 clone sagas? I thought there was only 1 not counting Ultimate.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man's stories have more clones than most, but I wouldn't say that all of them do. Venom has a lot of family and has had different hosts, but I've only seen one actual clone of him, not 5 or 6. Welcome to Comic Vine.

#4 Posted by Union (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the welcome Buckshot....

In the case of Venom werent Lasher, Phage, Riot, Scream and Agony part of a cloning experiment of Venom's DNA..?, of course he calls them hes "Offspring" but as far as i know, they were made like clones too, maybe im wrong i dunno

#5 Posted by Golden Specter (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they were just offspring like Carnage.

#6 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

i say that they didn't tecnically clone venom. carnage was his son and i belive so were the others except for she venom. i then ask you if carnage is a venom clone what makes toxin. cuz clones are suppose to be exact replicas. i don't belive any of venoms children were exact. in the ultimant universe they weren't exact, but in the original series when the scarlet spider came on the seen no one new or could tell that spiderman was the clone from about issue 300 of the amazing spiderman. so in the 30th aniveriry issue #365 it was the spiderman clone Versing the original venom. i just went on a little spiderman sluge within the last few days inbetween playing the darkness. also i wold like to welcome you to the vine.

#7 Posted by Union (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the welcome Boken....

Carnage is the son of Venom like all world knowns, and toxin is the unwanted son of carnage. But clones DONT need to look the same as the real thing. Like is the case of the desfigured clone of Peter Parker or even a better example "Ultimate Spider-Woman", she is a full clone oh him even if she is a female.

Ok... im was wrong about my statement about the 5 other symbiotes. And i dont have nothing againts clones, i just think that using too much the same formula makes kindda repetitive the story

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Union says:

"Thanks for the welcome Buckshot....In the case of Venom werent Lasher, Phage, Riot, Scream and Agony part of a cloning experiment of Venom's DNA..?, of course he calls them hes "Offspring" but as far as i know, they were made like clones too, maybe im wrong i dunno"

They were made from him, but they weren't clones, well I guess that depends on what you consider a clone.

#9 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

When did MJ get cloned?

#10 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

Union says:

"Thanks for the welcome Boken.... Carnage is the son of Venom like all world knowns, and toxin is the unwanted son of carnage. But clones DONT need to look the same as the real thing. Like is the case of the desfigured clone of Peter Parker or even a better example "Ultimate Spider-Woman", she is a full clone oh him even if she is a female. Ok... im was wrong about my statement about the 5 other symbiotes. And i dont have nothing againts clones, i just think that using too much the same formula makes kindda repetitive the story"

they are clones, i'm not denying that, butthere not perfect clones.

#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

a clone is something that looks like you like ben rielly but spider woman was an altered clone and kaine was a failed attempt

#12 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

no a perfect clone is exactly like the original all of those were imperfect

#13 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"no a perfect clone is exactly like the original all of those were imperfect "

ben reilly was perfect clone kaine was a failure and spider woman in ultimate is an altered clone

#14 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine is considered a failure, but he does have some of spidermans atributes there for he is an imperfect clone. spiderwoman is an altered clone you say, but realy she isn't a perfect one. the ultimant univers clones are all imperfect. some more then others. the ultimant scorpion was the closest thing to a perfect clone that and the scare peter parker.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.