Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spiderman, where to start?

Julio077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello guys! I've been wanting to start reading spiderman comics, but I dont know where to start! I have only read superior spiderman, but I'm curious of before and after, where can I start?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The current run of the character starts at the story `Big Time` read that and go forward.

Big Time leads into Superior Spider-man, So if you liked Superior, Big Time and the book going forward is A must read.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm no fan of the current run, but do as Kcomicfan suggests. Work your way sort of backwards too as some elements from the beginning of Dan Slott's solo run on the book also have their genesis in the Brand New Day volumes

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spider11211

Find a book that starts with Bat...

LOL

Have you considered the beginning, I love to start at the beginning and learning the character.

But hey do what works for you.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suggest you read the original Ultimate Spider-Man comics, sense MCU Spidey will be in high school. It's very well written, and is my favorite version of Peter Parker.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The current run of the character starts at the story `Big Time` read that and go forward.

Big Time leads into Superior Spider-man, So if you liked Superior, Big Time and the book going forward is A must read.

Yeah. To be more concise, ASM vol. 2 #648-666, 682-687 and 698-700, then SSM #1-5, 14, 27-31, then ASM vol. 3 #9-18 should work fine.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the original stan lee run or start with ultimate spiderman

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@julio077: Bless you Julio Spider-Man have such a long history if I were you I'd start with Ultimate Spider-Man because the dialogue and plot lines are very relatable and it covers a lot more in a shorter space of issues. Really well written and funny.

Then after that if you want the true full fleshed out story then I'd buy the hard back version of the Amazing Spider-Man just to give you a taster.

Julio077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Julio077

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.