Spiderman TPB For my teenage nephew

#1 Posted by Donnyuk84 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi this is my first time posting on here. I really enjoy comics and my nephew is just getting interested in them. He really likes spiderman and I wanted to get him a tpb / graphic novel that contains a good story but doesnt necessarily need prior reading to enjoy it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnyuk84: Ultimate Spider-Man: Power & Responsibility 
#3 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Donnyuk84: Ultimate Spider-Man: Power & Responsibility

yup...my friend's son recently turned 10 and I got him the first two trades of Ultimate Spider-man and he loved them...I figure I'll get him a new one every once in a while and won't have to worry about running out since there are tons

#4 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Donnyuk84: Ultimate Spider-Man: Power & Responsibility

or get him slott's current run.

#5 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first started getting into comics (when I was 13 or so), I got a copy of Essential Spider-Man, Vol.1. Considering that it has the very first stories, you really can't get a better jumping on point than that. The only downsides are that it's in B&W and the stories can be a little dated, but you'll still get some great stories and artwork for a cheap price.

#6 Posted by Jayso4201 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Masterwork's Spider-Man is very good as well. I believe there are several.

#7 Edited by Styleshift (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man: Birth of Venom and Spider-man: Vengeance of Venom.

I do agree that the Stan Lee story's hold up well but with my own experience as an uncle of 7 kids. Venom is the usually the fan favorite among kids. Especially in his earliest appearances.

Amazon is selling The Amazing Spider-man Omnibus by David Micheline and Todd Mcfarlane for about 60 bucks right now. I have one and it is my most prized comic hard cover next to Scott Snyder's Batman epics. (The Black Mirror and The Court of Owls)

During their run they included just about every Major Spider-man villain at the time. Even the Green Goblin. (Although not the Norman Osborn version.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.