Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spiderman's best intelligence feat?

• 63 results
    ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok spider-man is smart everyone who has actually read some of the stuff he has been in could tell you that no matter what a bunch of spider haters may say anyway's not the point what is spiderman's best intelligence feat?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

Done.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Is that the peter from the standard marvel universe because for the life of me i can not remember this issue?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Is that the peter from the standard marvel universe because for the life of me i can not remember this issue?

Yes it's the 616 Pete at the Ultimate U.

Spider-Men #4

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, Spiderman is cool, but not for his intelligence. More for his strength and wit. He is nothing compared to characters like Darkseid, Superman or Batman.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

Look, Spiderman is cool, but not for his intelligence. More for his strength and wit. He is nothing compared to characters like Darkseid, Superman or Batman.

Intelligence is part of his character. Power is just as important,but intelligence has ALWAYS been a large part of his character. Sure,it's not exactly a center of focus for his character as much as it is Batman or Darkseid,but the same can be said for most characters. In fact,comparing a person to Darkseid in intelligence and using it to state that they are "nothing" compared to them doesn't make sense. Mr Terrific is nothing compared to Darkseid,either,but......

And in any case,Superman isn't exactly renowned for his intelligence,either. I mean,IT'S THERE,but he isn't renowned for it......

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is smarter than Batman, why? Peter even as a child did plenty with limited resources, like his webs and his spider tracers, technology that Hank Pym himself said it took him years and plenty of resources.

Not saying that batman is not smart, because he is, i'm just saying that Peter is smarter.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is smarter than Batman, why? Peter even as a child did plenty with limited resources, like his webs and his spider tracers, technology that Hank Pym himself said it took him years and plenty of resources.

Not saying that batman is not smart, because he is, i'm just saying that Peter is smarter.

I think you mean that Peter has the POTENTIAL to be,well,smart...er.

I will say that with his advanced knowledge of sciences and the things he has done,that he is in Bruce's league in some aspects,but I don't think that I can agree to the statement that he's smarter. I think I've seen more impressive things from Batman.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso said:

I will say that with his advanced knowledge of sciences and the things he has done,that he is in Bruce's league in some aspects,but I don't think that I can agree to the statement that he's smarter. I think I've seen more impressive things from Batman.

Batman is rich and has pretty much unlimited resources, Peter (usually) does not. Try giving Peter unlimited money and resources,and he would do everything Bruce has done and a lot better.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

@angelalfonso said:

Batman is rich and has pretty much unlimited resources, Peter (usually) does not. Try giving Peter unlimited money and resources,and he would do everything Bruce has done and a lot better.

Well,potentially? I can see your point. With limited resources,look at the things Spider-man has done! His web shooters are still a unique and original invention of his that are incredibly powerful and efficient. And he's expanded his horizons at,you guessed it,Horizon Labs with the resources and things he's had access to and has made impressive things that are Batman level. But Batman's prep feats and usual feats are still ultimately better than Spider-man's (potentially,Spider-man can do better,but so far,the fact remains that Bruce is superior in that regard),but given the opportunity and resources,Spider-man can rival Batman (arguably).

But...Batman did make his own Lazarus Pit,though. :p

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By angelalfonso

Peter understood and used unknown alien technology in order to drain the alpha energy out of Andy, o yes and he also re-discovered that same alpha energy and learn how to harness it, the only reason it failed was because of Stone's sabotage.

also it has been shown that Peter can create new technology on a few hour.

Opunaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think outwitting Stark during the Civil War with the Spider-Armor is probably my personal favorite. Where he had inspected the armor and shut off all of Stark's emergency failsafes that would have trapped him if he had disobeyed Stark.

My other favorite is how he acted during Ends of the Earth, not only outwitting Ock's plans at nearly every turn (especially the counter gadgets he had whipped up to combat the Six), but even outsmarting him at the very last second even while Ock was beating him to death.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that him building a time machine out of a freaking blender, VCR and a microwave is my favorite. It was written by Stan Lee himself (word of god right there).

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tantani
    Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: well thats the premise for the new relaunch, and hes doing pretty good so far

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Building a Suit to defeat the Hobgoblin, building a suit to defeat the sinister six, outsmarting Doc Ock multiple times, building web-shooters and Spider tracers.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: That's not even close. How about discovering Parker Particles, building undetectable stealth suit, holographic technology or fixing a Cosmic Cube?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: That's not even close. How about discovering Parker Particles, building undetectable stealth suit, holographic technology or fixing a Cosmic Cube?

Wow, i posted that SO long ago....so, honestly, whatever dude. :P

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: I agree with you on most of this. I don't know why I said Superman was of any intelligence, because really, I think he's way more brawn than brain, but I also think that Batman is just a bit smarter than Spiderman. Batman is widely known for his intelligence. He has mastered hypnotism, photographic memory, lip reading, speed reading, escape artistry, most of the languages on earth, including kryptonian, but that’s not all. Batman is a quick learner. He can remember everything he’s ever seen, and even hack into Kryptonian software. He can learn Rann Zeta Beam technology within a few minutes, whereas it took Adam Strange years to do it. Stuff like that. Peter really isn't up to that level.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During the Civil War.

He managed to install an override feature into the Iron Spider suit just in case Stark had installed an override feature himself (which he did) to take control of it.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Particles and the Suit that renders away sound and light. I feel Marvel is trying to turn Peter into the new Reed now that the original reed is put on a bus and hiatus status.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo his best intelligence feat has to be equalling the IQ scores Reed Richards got at the same age

@jimishim12: I actually feel like their turning him into more of a Stark type than Reed (billionaire CEO of tech conglomerate, SHIELD affiliation etc..)

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj: I know and this is what kills me about the new run. I honestly don't care about Peter doing business. I just want to see him doing super-science, building new suits, finding dimensions, etc. In my mind, the business side of things would always be a bit of an annoyance to Peter, as it would keep him from doing what he loves and that is the science, research and engineering portion of being the head of Parker Industries. That's where I feel Slott screwed up in this run.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: my sentiments exactly. At least Peter has an affinity and love for science that has been prevalent throughout his history, so him being successful off of it makes sense. Him being a businessman, however, makes little sense and has thus far proved to be an uninteresting concept. I kind of wish he let someone else handle the business side of the company completely (maybe Anna Maria Marconi, she seems good at it) and just focused on the scientific pursuits (kind of like Tony Stark did in the MCU with Pepper being the CEO of Stark Industries).

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Peter is one of the smartest people on Marvel Universe.Still need to make a list.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: based on the current issues with characters having their intelligence levels fluctuated, it's kind of hard to make an accurate list until more feats are shown. iirc the OG list was:

Reed

Doom

Stark

Pym

Banner

McCoy

Cho

T'Challa

In that order, currently idk how the list would change we just have to wait and see

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj said:

@krleavenger: based on the current issues with characters having their intelligence levels fluctuated, it's kind of hard to make an accurate list until more feats are shown. iirc the OG list was:

Reed

Doom

Stark

Pym

Banner

McCoy

Cho

T'Challa

In that order, currently idk how the list would change we just have to wait and see

I would make the list by all feats from comics and how much their respetive fields in science is more challenging and just the ability to handle themselfs in hard situations alone.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpideyJJ
    Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Parker Particles

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj said:

@krleavenger: yeah, and in what order

Something like this:

Doom

Reed

Stark

Banner

Pym

T'Challa

Amadeus Cho

Valeria Richards

Norman Osborn

Leader

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: you'd put Osborn in your top 10? I could think of quite a few characters I'd place above him (Ock, Beast, Parker, Jackal etc off the bat) but other than that, seems like a pretty solid top 10

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj: I know and this is what kills me about the new run. I honestly don't care about Peter doing business. I just want to see him doing super-science, building new suits, finding dimensions, etc. In my mind, the business side of things would always be a bit of an annoyance to Peter, as it would keep him from doing what he loves and that is the science, research and engineering portion of being the head of Parker Industries. That's where I feel Slott screwed up in this run.

Are you saying he's a one trick pony who can't have a affinity for anything other than things he's good at, need I remind you he was a professional photographer before he was a scientist and was one of the best of the daily bugle, despite it not being his respective field he enjoyed. Peter's a smart man and a quick learner in anything other than pure science, and business takes tons of organizational skills and improvisational insight, something Peter excels at as Spider-Man so I feel like your selling him short here.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj said:

@krleavenger: you'd put Osborn in your top 10? I could think of quite a few characters I'd place above him (Ock, Beast, Parker, Jackal etc off the bat) but other than that, seems like a pretty solid top 10

I forgot about Beast and this isn't the real list,just the few people I could think of.If we talk about Peter and Ock,Peter himself stated than Norman is smarter then him and Norman also outsmarted Ock.Jackal doesn't look that smart to me.Norman also find cure for cancer.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Parker has had a long history of putting himself down when compared to others, and Osborn outright admitted that Peter is indeed smarter than him. Ock has outsmarted Tony Stark before doesn't mean he's smarter, he just managed to one-up him, plus I'm pretty sure he was stated to be above even the Intelligencia in terms of intellect. Jackal is a freaking genius (just check out his scientific feats) and Osborn never found this cure for cancer, Pete just said that if he focused on scientific pursuits for the betterment of mankind he could have found it (plus iirc T'Challa nd Reed already found it)

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that him building a time machine out of a freaking blender, VCR and a microwave is my favorite. It was written by Stan Lee himself (word of god right there).

That tops everything

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel said:

That tops everything

How is this a Spider thing... I mean that's insane

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales said:
    @segamarvel said:

That tops everything

It's so ridiculous lol

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By w0nd

@linsanel_doctor said:
    @strangetales said:
    @segamarvel said:

That tops everything

It's so ridiculous lol

Stan is so senile sometimes.
    jk, but that comic is straight from the 60's.

he doesn't' want to time travel as peter parker, but as spiderman? Why? Why not take credit for your own invention? how is this even cannon :P

my fave one is this

Fixing the cosmic cube in a run down lab with half working tools
    Fixing the cosmic cube in a run down lab with half working tools

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj: As far as I remember,he found the cure during Dark Reign.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: Im not saying Peter can't be good at it; rather, I'm saying that Peter(IMO) would never enjoy the business side of things and always ignore/neglect it in favour of science. However, the opposite thing is happening in the comic. I don't think that is very good characterization.

@spideyjj: Yes. I really want to see Peter do science.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: Im not saying Peter can't be good at it; rather, I'm saying that Peter(IMO) would never enjoy the business side of things and always ignore/neglect it in favour of science. However, the opposite thing is happening in the comic. I don't think that is very good characterization.

@spideyjj: Yes. I really want to see Peter do science.

What no he wouldn't neglect it, he's the boss of a company he owns and one of the wealthiest people currently in Marvel U, he would put his livelyhood trying to make it thrive buisnesswise because it's great responsibilty and it's how he makes money, Peter loves to make money or learn how to make a respectable profit that can support himself and people he cares about. Considering how he treats his co workers like a family, I say he's at the balance of doing what he loves and working towards keeping it that way, without his usual luck getting in the way.

Plus it teaches Peter leadership and discipline, he can't wing it and shoot straight all the time because he's not a rookie anymore, he has to grow up sometime and show his experience by example, this is what he is doing for Wade, the Inhumans and Miles. As a buisness man it would also show how good he is at adapting with people where he used to be, a average joe who works tirelessly and never gets his due, he could inspire people to have bigger chances than they are used to and improve his employees lives for the better, this could be written like in real life if Slott actually puts effort in showing it.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: Sure, but you can't say he'd spend as much time doing business as sceince - he's always been the biggest science geek out there. NOw that he has the chance, I'd imagine he'd like to be in a lab almost 24/7 lol.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: lol yeah that was my bad, I forgot about that issue

@blackspidey2099: I agree, Pete would no doubt be more interested in the scientific aspects of his company than the business (not that he'd neglect it). I really hope Slott focuses more on science in future issues

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj said:

@krleavenger: lol yeah that was my bad, I forgot about that issue

@blackspidey2099: I agree, Pete would no doubt be more interested in the scientific aspects of his company than the business (not that he'd neglect it). I really hope Slott focuses more on science in future issues

To find out true potential of Parker Particles (not just some kid who can fly).

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

Hed find a way to balance both, as always he lives to take the initiative in great responsibility. Plus building a buisness is no joke, it peters hardest job yet.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yeah, it would be cool to see how Peter handles the limitless responsibility that would come with limitless power. That could be a classic arc if written well, and it would be fun to see Peter able to one-shot Galactus.

@Jjmishim12 He would, but the balance would definitely lean towards science, which is what I'm trying to say. Honestly, the business' success is almost definitely more due to the awesome tech they sell than to any savvy business moves that Peter may have made.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.