Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

spiderman live action TV series

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

when reading the comics and watching the movies i notice that both films have the same thing in common. their pacing is kinda off and some of the characters don't even have any arcs nor characterizations like flash, betty, robbie, j jonah jameson, john jameson, the neighbor girl, george, gwen, etc. flash had a small development and harry should've been developed longer and franco's harry wasn't as developed as i thought he should be. most of them have been either too quick and just sacrifced for the other characters' screen time. now i'm not saying both films are bad. i like TASM series and i hope the trilogy gets better and while i like the raimi trilogy as well i wasn't a fan of the acting(mostly tobey), the tone, and definitely not a fan of the romance. i believe a tv show is the proper way of developing more of the characters and the mythos and building up some arcs properly like kraven's last hunt, goblin wars, some gangland stories, etc. it would also help explore peter parker's struggle as spiderman as to how it's effecting him. having it happen in one movie like SM2 was pretty unnacceptable for me. i also would like to see more of the characters explored like mary jane, gwen stacey, j jonah jameson, betty brant, robbie robertson, curt connors, may parker, ben parker, peter parker, debra whitman, flash thompson, glory grant, john jameson, ned leeds, etc. even showing more of what the villains are like. it would be more useful than to kill each of them off in one movie. i know we know more about these characters but the goblin was basically the guy who had this who gangland thing planned out and doctor octopus had more development going on and when a tv series does hit i hope alfred molina reprises his role aqnd that especially goes for TASM series as well. as for TASM series i can at least see that it tried to do that but at least it was done by sloppy editing.

so guys, After TASM 3, the sinister six, or whatever spiderman movie comes out in 2018 and after Avengers 3 would you like to see a spiderman tv series especially one that is a continuation of TASM series?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No. The only time we'll see Spider-Man on TV is in animated form. Spider-Man makes too much movie in theaters to be on TV.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but people don't want to see another spiderman film and with Marvel making a TON of money and with othe rplans marvel might have in store with their finance i belieev we will see a tv series soon.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spiderman TV series would need a HUGE budget for it to work...

Besides Marvel have way too little time for TV... Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, the Netflix series....

Not to mention the movies...

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

No, it would suck, the show would be creatively restricted due to budgets.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.