Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spiderman is Overpowered....Proof and evidence.UPDATED

• 64 results
    Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
    TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Good golly, wall of scans.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By cameron83

*facepalm*

Okay,I thought you were joking at first because of a few things:

1. The term overpowered is the dumbest term used by people. And it's mainly used by fanboys who are upset that another character can stomp their favorite. Any character can be considered "overpowered",even Batman can be considered overpowered. It's a hypocritical,one-sided double-standard-type term that only applies in certain cases to a persons liking. If Spider-man is overpowered,then so is 99.99999999999% of comic book characters. For Christ sakes,even Batman can be considered "overpowered". There is no real definition for it. "Overpowered" doesn't really exist. Maybe it's just that you greatly underestimate/underrate the character and don't give them the respect that they deserve.....And I love that every character that's apparently higher than Batman-level (human level) is considered by people to be "overpowered" (even though Bats is actually weak). The term is idiotic because,in comics,there is no actual standard power level that characters must abide by to be considered "normal".
    2. Covers don't count.....thought that was common sense,but......
    3. You DO realize that if Thor can get stomped by Thanos that Spiderman hitting him is PIS,right? There is a thing called Bad writing. Batman kicked the spectre before,but does that make him overpowered (even though he's one of the weakest characters in comics)? I would think that the logical conclusion is that it's bad writing.....
    4. With the villains he faces,he MUST have thakind of power. And he has something called MORALS in which he holds back against most people,so......

Not even gonna......

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@granitesoldier: Spider-Man was holding up a platform and Hulk, Namor, Thor Hercules and the Thing were all standing on that platform. Spider-Man is so obviously overpowered, guy.

I mean sheesh.

I doubt they weight more than 10-15 tons Altogether.

@soa said:

i dont see anything out of spider-man's league in any of those scans

Are you serious? Tanking thor and hulk punches? are you freaking serious?

You don't have the entire fight but one page. The cover of what if is a what if story (duh). therefor not canon also venom has taken over PP here so he is stronger.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

*facepalm*

1. The term overpowered is the dumbest term used by people. And it's mainly used by fanboys who are upset that another character can stomp their favorite. Any character can be considered "overpowered",even Batman can be considered overpowered. It's a hypocritical,one-sided double-standard-type term that only applies in certain cases to a persons liking. If Spider-man is overpowered,then so is 99.99999999999% of comic book characters. For Christ sakes,even Batman can be considered "overpowered". There is no real definition for it. "Overpowered" doesn't really exist. Maybe it's just that you greatly underestimate/underrate the character and don't give them the respect that they deserve.....And I love that every character that's apparently higher than Batman-level (human level) is considered by people to be "overpowered" (even though Bats is actually weak). The term is idiotic because,in comics,there is no actual standard power level that characters must abide by to be considered "normal".
    3. You DO realize that if Thor can get stomped by Thanos that Spiderman hitting him is PIS,right? There is a thing called Bad writing. Batman kicked the spectre before,but does that make him overpowered (even though he's one of the weakest characters in comics)? I would think that the logical conclusion is that it's bad writing.....
    4. With the villains he faces,he MUST have thakind of power. And he has something called MORALS in which he holds back against most people,so......

Not even gonna......

Batman gets called out for being overpowered all the time.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

that was the cover...i dont think he actually did that in the story...

@jonsmith said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

Wow I never knew Spidey holds back so much. I wonder why Superior Spider hasn't used all he has.

SpOck DID use all Spidey has. Once. He tore Scorpion's jaw clean off with a single punch. After that, he's held back.

OHHH. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't been reading Superior Spider. I'm kind of interested but.... yeah... either way, thanks.

(+)

and while he didn't beat hulk and thor, when they were holding him they were impressed at how strong he actually was. They could feel him trying to break free.

and for the majority of those scans, the newer ones, he's either passed out after, or almost die from the stress. In that story where he clocks thing his heart stopped and he technically didn't beat him, he just got through to him long enough to keep the hospital safe. I am fine with feats like these because it was during times where he was heated up adrenaline pumping.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
    @those_eyes said:

@soa said:

that was the cover...i dont think he actually did that in the story...

@yung_ancient_one said:

@jonsmith said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

Wow I never knew Spidey holds back so much. I wonder why Superior Spider hasn't used all he has.

SpOck DID use all Spidey has. Once. He tore Scorpion's jaw clean off with a single punch. After that, he's held back.

OHHH. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't been reading Superior Spider. I'm kind of interested but.... yeah... either way, thanks.

(+)

and while he didn't beat hulk and thor, when they were holding him they were impressed at how strong he actually was. They could feel him trying to break free.

and for the majority of those scans, the newer ones, he's either passed out after, or almost die from the stress. In that story where he clocks thing his heart stopped and he technically didn't beat him, he just got through to him long enough to keep the hospital safe. I am fine with feats like these because it was during times where he was heated up adrenaline pumping.

Well him knocking back thanos is still outrageous!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RisingBean

@tupiaz: I'm sorry that you didn't catch the massive dose of sarcasm I laced that post with.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: Maybe Thanos braced himself during his fight with the others. Its no secret that legs are stronger then arms. So my guess is, that Thanos may have been distracted, Petes a fast guy, and it is what it is. A nine year old can knock you down if your surprised, yet your still stronger and more durable.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By gunmetalgrey

He can't be that powerful if he loses to a box of brown rice, in a manner much worse than any physical defeat.

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

He can't be that powerful if he loses to a box of brown rice, in a manner much worse than any physical defeat.

No Caption Provided

Fear the power of brown rice lol.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By 14NC3

@fallschirmjager said:

Spider-Man is overpowered...

because he's had sex with Black Cat and I haven't

This.

But seriously this:

@cameron83 said:

*facepalm*

Not even gonna......

Arkadyred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Arkadyred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mitran: He actually fought Thanos with the infinity gauntlet. I updated.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.