Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Ock: Result of Marvel's Spider-Man failure

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I realize this may sound extreme but hear me out. I was just rewatching Linkara's OMD review and something he said really hit me this time. Marvel just can't seem to get Spider-Man right. Now that's not to say writers of Spidey can't, many have, but things seem to always have Peter heading back to high school at least mentally. Here's the argument in question

What does this have to do with Spider-Ock? It's an attempt to make Spider-Man more adult. I have just realized this. That's all it is. There's nothing wrong with a more adult Spider-Man, especially if he's SUPPOSED to be an adult, but here's the thing. IT ISN'T PETER!!!!!!!!!!! Marvel seems inept at getting Spider-Man as an adult right. As Linkara said: "If the creative teams are unwilling to let him get out of his high school life, then why the hell isn't he still there?"

This is something that makes me seriously despise Spider-Ock even more as an idea. I choose to believe Peter is still alive and under the delusion he's Ock, but if it comes out that this whole shame was a way to right him like an adult I don't even......

Okay, my point is this. If they have to have a different person posing as Peter Parker to write him like an adult, then what's the point?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By Teerack

This video was posted yesterday and I don't think that guys ranting really connects to much of anything with superior or marvel's editorial team.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@teerack said:

This video was posted yesterday and I don't think that guys ranting really connects to much of anything with superior or marvel's editorial team.

You can't deny that many points were valid.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

God that guy misses the point of Spider-Man so much. It's a ridiculous way of looking at Spider-Man. The whole point of Spider-Man is that he has trouble balancing his normal and superhero life. That's why he makes mistakes, lets loved ones down and even get hurt as a result of his follies. He continues because of a sense of responsibility not to let people get hurt and to use his powers to help others. That's the whole point of Spider-Man. With that cleared up, this undermines the flawed basis of the video. Just another loud shouty guy trying to get his opinion across. Sad really.

Avatar image for thegenericmister
    thegenericmister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Linkara is an idiot who made fun of people who commit suicide. Believe me he doesn't get much say in what happens with Spider-Man with how he whines.

He waveringly complains of dc yet he still reads their books. I could go on for hours about this guy but I won't. Thatguywiththeglasses is full of hack anyway who cares. Certainly not me. If this video gets posted again I'm just going to ignore it and all of its stupidity

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.