Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Month: Create An Arc

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992
    No Caption Provided

As everyone favorite wall-crawler (although Kaine is also my favorite) won the first Character Of The Month poll and we're all encouraged to make posts about him I thought this would be a cool idea (that has also probably been done in the past but i'm resurrecting the idea for the purpose of Spider-month!).

Basically all you have to do is create a Spider-man event or storyline you would make if you were writing Spider-man. I always find it interesting hearing what spin fans would take on Spider-man if they had that power so go ahead tell us all whats rolling round that head of yours!

Maybe if we ask really nicely @k4tzm4n might even give us some insight as to an arc he'd like to see!

To help motivate you i'll even kick us off even if this idea is a little dark:

Sins Of The Mother:

After a night on patrol Peter is approached by a shaken and visibly upset Black Cat he attempts to console her when she breaks down and reveals to Peter that years ago when they were still together she became pregnant with his child. Feeling too inexperienced and irresponsible to be a mother (not to mention having parent issues of her own) she opts to have the child aborted while still in its early stages of development.

Unfortunately due to the child having Peter's superhuman metabolism the abortion pill wasn't a complete success and the child while not killed suffered from a birth defect that means her son has to live on life support. Not wanting the child to be hurt by her career as a thief or even her father's life as a hero Felicia gave the child to a carehome for severely sick children. She then reveals that everything she has been stealing has in fact been going to pay for the child's medical bills which are astronomical considering he needs around the clock care just to keep breathing and kept this from him all these years for the simple reason that she was ashamed of what she'd done, feared what Spider-man might do and even thought she was protecting the child from their own dangerous lives.

She has only come forward to tell him now as her efforts to keep their son out of their dangerous life style failed and after a heist she was hired to do went bad and the loot taken by someone else, the client who hired her believed she had taken the loot for herself and is sending assassins after her who unfortunately found out about her son and wounded him in an attempt on her and his lives. The boy lost a lot of blood and every blood transfusion has been rejected by his body due to his fathers inhuman characteristics. Thus she came to Peter in the hope the he is a match for the boys blood.

Peter of course reacts badly all of this and demands to be taken to see the boy. When they reach the new facility (as Felicia changed carehomes in hopes of throwing of the assassins briefly) it is revealed that the boy has be kidnapped by the assassins in an attempt to draw Felicia out of hiding. Basically the rest if the arc would consist of Spider-man tearing up the city in search of the child getting more and more desperate and more and more volatile as the child without the blood transfusion doesn't have long to live.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By PunyParker

A moth dies in Oklahoma,and Peter feels responsible about it.

That's the base of every Spider-Man story.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

If I were a Spider-Man writer I think I would get in trouble for just writing about his villains LOL

I would love to write an arc about Scorpion with some actual character development.

Seems instead of character development all Scorpion ever gets is new costumes!

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As poor as my attempts at fanfic are, I'm always stuck with the idea of an arc where the Jackal turns against the Green Goblin for Gwen's death and his manipulation of him during the Clone Saga. As a bonus, he plans to harvest Norman's healing factor in hopes of perfecting his clones (also opening the door to resurrect Ben this way, if you establish that the "dust" of his dead body still contained DNA material, and then combine "Goblinized" blood and one of the Jackal's regeneration pods).

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Spider-Man and his Avengers: Cap gets a terminal illness from a kree virus and Cap with his blessing chooses Peter to lead the avengers until he's back and based off of superior spider-man wants Peter to get his respect back from when he was Spock and regain the heroes trust again. His Advisors and Mentors will be Tony, Hawkeye and Wasp and Spider-man will also travel big time to otherworldly places that broadens his adventures beyond new York city. Also he lets Cloak, Dagger, Daredevil and Human Torch in as avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.