Spider-Men

#1 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody else think that Spider-Men is WAY better than Avengers vs. X-Men?

#2 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read AVX, but I have read Spidermen and it is good

#3 Posted by etamogrey77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yeeeeah!!

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

I do prefer Spider-men over avengers vs x men (but it's not bad).I like it better because of how 616 peter interacts with the ultimate universe especially with aunt may slapping him and Gwen Stacy stomping on him.

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16079 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think Spider-men is better than AvX but Bendis wankin Miles in the first issue has left me a little bitter about it.

#6 Edited by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I do think Spider-men is better than AvX but Bendis wankin Miles in the first issue has left me a little bitter about it.

What do you mean by "Wankin"? O.O

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16079 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: Its an expression. Wankin as in Fan-wankin/PIS. Bendis practically had Miles wreck Parker when given all the experience he's had Miles really shouldn't have been able to touch him.

#8 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

It's better, till since all the Phoenix Five thing Avengers vs X-Men has been interesting too, but not that good :')

#9 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@CrimsonCake: Its an expression. Wankin as in Fan-wankin/PIS. Bendis practically had Miles wreck Parker when given all the experience he's had Miles really shouldn't have been able to touch him.

Well it would be incredibly rude of Peter to beat up a 13-year old...

And yes, I liked it much better than AvX, but some points bug me out. I thought Ultimate Universe was never suposed to crossover with mainstream?

#10 Edited by Strider92 (16079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyle_Dornez: Oh i'm not saying he should beat him up (Parker wouldn't do that) what i'm saying is how did a kid with barely any experience manage to KO another guy (twice I might add) who has been doing this for I don't know how long?

Lol they said like 2 years ago if Ultimate and 616 crossed-over they would have officially run out of ideas. I bet the editor regrets saying that now!

#11 Posted by eduardoy7 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that AvX is a decent concept and am looking forward to seeing the repercussions of all the events it will have on future series but Spider-Men has a better written story so far and will most likely continue into the last issue. Definitely one of my favorite Spider-Man stories.

#12 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Kyle_Dornez: Oh i'm not saying he should beat him up (Parker wouldn't do that) what i'm saying is how did a kid with barely any experience manage to KO another guy (twice I might add) who has been doing this for I don't know how long?

Lol they said like 2 years ago if Ultimate and 616 crossed-over they would have officially run out of ideas. I bet the editor regrets saying that now!

Well, I just chalked it up to kids unfamiliar abilities. Peter never had any "venom strikes" even in "The Other", so... meh, I can let it slide - the rest is just too good. It's amazing actually, how good Spiderman suddenly got - this and new Lizard arc and stuff...

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Men has been great.

#14 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

even though its a huge tease every issue, spider-men might have the edge. undecided.

#15 Posted by PaperDemon (599 posts) - - Show Bio

WAAAAYYYY better. I have every comic (so far 1-4, getting 5 when it comes out) and it has been so good it just beats any series.

#16 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Men, unless AvX pulls something WAYYY over your head that it incredibly brilliant in the span of three books or its tie ins.

Spider-Men is literally fan service.

#17 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@fojtikbt: yes by a mile.

#18 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said: yes by a mile.

Was that pun intended?

#19 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: lol no actually.

#20 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Men is better so far.

#21 Posted by PunyParker (8933 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought and read all the issues yesterday....it is really good i liked it,and i'll continue buying it!

#22 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff. Bendis had nailed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.