Spider-mans web shooters?

#1 Posted by Apocalyptic_P (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they been mechanical in the comics most of the time? or just straight outta his wrist?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7463 posts) - - Show Bio

Been mechanical since the beginning.

#3 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the time it's organic if not all the time.

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAntiReVamp said:

Most of the time it's organic if not all the time.

No.
#5 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheAntiReVamp said:

Most of the time it's organic if not all the time.

No.

As in no most of the time or no to All the time?

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33394 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAntiReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

@TheAntiReVamp said:

Most of the time it's organic if not all the time.

No.

As in no most of the time or no to All the time?

both
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Until they last 5 to 10 years they were always mechanical after the movie they decided to make them organic for a while (I may be the only person who liked the idea) after OMD they changed it back because Quesada is afraid of character development

#8 Posted by Apocalyptic_P (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so mostly mechanical but they were organic for a little. Thanks

#9 Posted by danhimself (22543 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Until they last 5 to 10 years they were always mechanical after the movie they decided to make them organic for a while (I may be the only person who liked the idea) after OMD they changed it back because Quesada is afraid of character development

the organic web shooters were a terrible idea...they were ok for the movie because he never had the mechanical there....but for them to change the comics to the organic and they just so happen to require that he position his fingers the exact same way...that's just plain dumb

#10 Posted by Apocalyptic_P (34 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah that does make it kinda dumb with the finger position and all..

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I just figured it made more sense than the web shooters that seemed to have unlimited fluid until it was plot convenient for it to run out. It probably stayed on the wrist because no one wants to see a guy shoot webs the an actual spider does because it would look stupid.

#12 Posted by edtie97 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing amazing spiderman, I'm beginning to like his web shooters much more.

#13 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Mechanical web shooters are way better than organic. Why would a spider shoot webs out of their wrists? Also, webbing only runs out when the writer isn't creative enough to figure out a way to put Spidey in a bind that doesn't involve lack of webs. Plus organic human-spider webs lingering around the city has got to be a biohazard nightmare.

#14 Posted by PaperDemon (610 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the mechanical ones better more realism included.

#15 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@danhimself: I just figured it made more sense than the web shooters that seemed to have unlimited fluid until it was plot convenient for it to run out. It probably stayed on the wrist because no one wants to see a guy shoot webs the an actual spider does because it would look stupid.

Think on possibilities, I would be ridiculous and gross, till somehow funny XD

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1: It could be funny but itd be impossible to take him seriously

#17 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@RedOwl_1: It could be funny but itd be impossible to take him seriously

Truth, very truth if I was a thief and he arrived in the middle of a robbery and he did that.... man I could laugh to death

#18 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious, did Peter develop the cartridges himself in the comic or get them from Oscorp like in the new movie? Me and my friend were arguing about it the other day and I can't find it anywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.