Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man's Most Powerful Costumes

• 50 results
    Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So what do you think it is? Obviously excluding Cosmic Spider-Man (and any other crazy ones, just tell me below). Only ones worn by Peter Parker 616 Spider-Man though.

My list:

1. Spider-Armor Mark III (Ends of the Earth)

2. Stealth Suit

3. Superior Spider-Man Mark II

4. Spider-Armor Mark II

5. Symbiote

6. Superior Mark I

7. Iron Spider

8. Spider-Armor Mark I

9. Future Foundation

10. Insulated Suit

At this time, I'm not ranking his All-New All-Different suit, but I'd place it above Spider-Armor Mark II for now. We don't know enough about it to rank it.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'll think about the whole order later, but I'd put Symbiote on 2 (maybe even 1) and Iron Spider on 3

slott said ANAD is supposed to be "the" suit or something like that, so we'll likely see it doing some crazy stuff, we know it's bulletproof on the very least

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll think about the whole order later, but I'd put Symbiote on 2 (maybe even 1) and Iron Spider on 3

slott said ANAD is supposed to be "the" suit or something like that, so we'll likely see it doing some crazy stuff, we know it's bulletproof on the very least

Remember, classic symbiote didn't amp Spidey's strength or durability, it just gave him organic webbing. I'm not sure if he got a faster healing factor like Venom's though.

As for Iron Spider, why would you rank it so highly? It's only as advanced as Tony's armors (or maybe less advanced).

Yeah, hopefully ANAD will be crazy (Parker Particle powered..)!

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099 said:

Remember, classic symbiote didn't amp Spidey's strength or durability, it just gave him organic webbing. I'm not sure if he got a faster healing factor like Venom's though.

As for Iron Spider, why would you rank it so highly? It's only as advanced as Tony's armors (or maybe less advanced).

oh i'm aware, i just assumed it was the symbiote itself (since it's still the same), who when Peter (Uh, otto) bonded with again he was hurting Thor with his blows (and whooping some other avengers but there wasn't anyone impressive there), he was also likely faster, more durable etc so if he ever bonded with it again he would that powerful once more

it's way less advanced
    and cuz it's bulletproof, durability enhanced, stealth, extra arms, underwater breathing, flying, etc
    it's too versatile and has the same functions of many that you mentioned and a little more, all in one
    so i don't see why not lol

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:

oh i'm aware, i just assumed it was the symbiote itself (since it's still the same), who when Peter (Uh, otto) bonded with again he was hurting Thor with his blows (and whooping some other avengers but there wasn't anyone impressive there), he was also likely faster, more durable etc so if he ever bonded with it again he would that powerful once more

it's way less advanced

and cuz it's bulletproof, durability enhanced, stealth, extra arms, underwater breathing, flying, etc

it's too versatile and has the same functions of many that you mentioned and a little more, all in one

so i don't see why not lol

Oh yeah, that is a possibility I definitely didn't consider. Hopefully we will know whether that would actually happen someday.

As for Iron Spider, the bulletproof was limited to small handguns (so durability was barely enhanced compared to even Spider-Armor Mark I), the stealth was just camo, not real stealth like the Stealth Suit (and it wasn't undetectable either), the extra arms were limited to surveillance like periscopes (even Tony stated they were not for combat due to their fragility) and I'm pretty sure it couldn't fly (though Spider-Armor Mark III can). Some of Spidey's tech is more advanced than Tony's, so if Iron Spider is so much less advanced, I don't think it would feature particularly highly in the ranking.

I ranked it pretty low as it had a lot of niche utility features (like underwater breathing, surveillance, poison filters, etc) but most of its main features were orders of magnitude weaker than the tech Peter has used in his suits.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099: it would (especially because it, uh, already did xD), the symbiote is only powerful 'cause it bonded with Peter in the first place IIRC, thus why Eddie or anyone else gets *spider* powers when they bond with it

- not quite, I don't think we ever saw the durability limit of the armor as far as bullets go, tho I don't doubt the other ones are more durable, it just that this adds to the armors versatility
    tho spider-man bulletproof suit (mk II), while it took multiple shots, spidey still was in pain apparently, unlike Stark's armors for example, this kind of damage has no effect on them (even the movie ones iirc), so Spidey's armor that's specifically for bulletproof isn't all that durable great too

- you are correct, but even just camo is still almost impossible to see especially in a battle, it's pretty useful with Spider-Man powerset (speed mostly), just like the heroes/cap in civil war knew he was invisible but still couldn't react and stegron didn't see him either
    also stealth suit isn't undetectable, Beast found it through breathing, Wolverine could smell it etc, or do you mean by technological means? Tho I don't recall anything like that happening

- Peter used the arms against the lizand and cap (twice), they can be used for combat
    and honestly Superior's arms never did anything impressive <_<

- it could totally fly lol, it happened in both amazing and sensational iirc (unfortunately i don't have scans), but i dont recall ends of earth suit flying

I understand where you're coming from buddy, but like I said from the start it's the versatility of the armor that makes it good
    when you put all of those together it becomes more useful than something that's just stealth or just bullet proof

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Symbiote costume is one of the biggest messes in Spider-Man comics unfortunately, tons of contradictory information.

Heck its not really even a Symbiote any more as far as I can see, more like a parasite that's been brought under control.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: it would (especially because it, uh, already did xD), the symbiote is only powerful 'cause it bonded with Peter in the first place IIRC, thus why Eddie or anyone else gets powers when they bond with it

- not quite, I don't think we ever saw the durability limit of the armor as far as bullets go, tho I don't doubt the other ones are more durable, it just that this adds to the armors versatility

tho spider-man bulletproof suit (mk II), while it took multiple shots, spidey still was in pain apparently, unlike Stark's armors for example, this kind of damage has no effect on them (even the movie ones iirc), so Spidey's armor that's specifically for bulletproof isn't that durable too

- you are correct, but just camo is still almost impossible to see especially in a battle, it's pretty useful with Spider-Man powerset (speed mostly), just like the heroes/cap in civil war knew he was invisible but still couldn't react and stegron didn't see him either

also stealth suit isn't undetectable, Beast found it through breathing, Wolverine could smell it etc, or do you mean by technology means? Tho I don't recall anything like that happening

- Peter used the arms against the lizand and cap (twice) and they worked, they can be used for combat

and honestly Superior's arms never did anything impressive <_<

- it could totally fly lol, it happened in both amazing and sensational iirc (unfortunately i don't have scans), but i dont recall ends of earth suit flying

I understand where you're coming from buddy, but like I said from the start it's the versatility of the armor that makes it good

when you put all of those together it becomes more useful than something that's just stealth or just bullet proof

Yeah, that is why it's newfound power is very confusing since it was supposed to be Peter's power + strength of whoever wore it (why Eddie was stronger than Pete).

- Tony actually said it could resist handguns, nothing more. And Spidey was not in pain while wearing the bullet proof armor - in fact, he was taking assault rifle bullets like a pro!

- Yeah, through tech means is what I meant. Even Tony couldn't hack through it when Doc Ock stole the tech in EotE. It's because it bends all light and sound waves in the spectrum.

- IIRC the waldoes were pretty fragile when compared to Superior's arms, since I remember Tony saying something to that effect in ASM. Superior was fighting multiple Hand Ninjas and doing a lot of combat with his arms.

- I know EotE has flight. Here's a scan.

No Caption Provided

- I agree that it was really good, but most of it's main features were underpowered. Hopefully we get to see an upgraded version of it later since Peter has one in his "suits room" LOL. I'd rank Stealth and Bulletproof higher because they had specialized applications that they excelled at and outdid the Iron Spider in by far. While Iron Spider had more features, none of them was good enough to outdo any of Peter's specialized suits. That's why I wouldn't rank it above the spot above Superior Mark I IMO.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Symbiote costume is one of the biggest messes in Spider-Man comics unfortunately, tons of contradictory information.

Heck its not really even a Symbiote any more as far as I can see, more like a parasite that's been brought under control.

Yeah lol. It's definitely earned a lot of confusion ever since it started becoming more monstrous.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099:

- But it took lots of bullets when he escaped the Avengers tower iirc
    And on bulletproof he was saying "ugghnn" or something like that when he got hit, check the issue if you can (tho the suit itself wasn't damaged)

- Yeah, you're right.

- Yeah he said they were fragile, but Peter still managed to use them quite well immediately gaining the advantage against the two I mentioned (Tho I don't see why hypothetically he couldn't do the same with Superior's arms, and they're likely more durable)

- Holy, that's cool! When I first read it I thought Peter was just jumping really high lol
    Also I found the scans! It seems it's more of gliding than actual flying, like Spider-Woman (that's news to me actually, i have the physical issues but my country translated it as regular flying lol)

- I see. Personally I'd still put it in number 3, if used correctly it can be quite powerful.
    Tho why Superior first suit? I might be wrong but weren't the only (combat) difference those claws?

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackspidey2099

No Caption Provided

@blackspidey2099:

- But it took lots of bullets when he escaped the Avengers tower iirc

And on bulletproof he was saying "ugghnn" or something like that when he got hit, check the issue if you can (tho the suit itself wasn't damaged)

- Yeah, you're right.

- Yeah he said they were fragile, but Peter still managed to use them quite well immediately gaining the advantage against the two I mentioned (Tho I don't see why hypothetically he couldn't do the same with Superior's arms, and they're likely more durable)

- Holy, that's cool! When I first read it I thought Peter was just jumping really high lol

Also I found a scan!

- I see. Personally I'd still put it in number 3, if used correctly it can be quite powerful.

Tho why Superior first suit? I might be wrong but weren't the only (combat) difference those claws?

- Not bullets, just repulsors which are considerably easier for Spidey to handle as his blunt force durability is exponentially higher than piercing durability.

- True.

- Iron Spider didn't have true flight, only gliding capabilities (like Miguel's suit). That scan is gliding not flying.

- Superior Mark II also had sonic webs and fire webs. It had some other things too, but I forget tbh.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099:

- Nope it was bullets I just checked it, he dodged all the repulsors, the guards came in and shot him.tho your point is correct but in this case tony's repulsor would put Spidey down immediately unlike a bullet lol

edit: found the scan yet again

No Caption Provided

And as we know the suit was just a slightly destroyed (we should also consider the fact that he fell from the building) after that

- LOL I literally just edited my post before seeing this. Hmm but to be fair we also haven't seen how good exactly the ends of earth flying is, unlike this one
    but eh either way both of those aren't very useful in combat, so i guess it plays little part on who's more powerful

- Cool, but I meant mark I 'cause you wrote it, guess you misspelled
    Btw Is that regular? Wasn't he prepared for Venom there? those are quite useful but i don't think he ever used them before or after that (tho i don't see why he wouldn't be able to)

Iron Spider likely has some other showings too, it appeared in 3 spidey ongoings after all, honestly I lost all my scans, haven't read the books in quite a while and just saying what comes to my mind, so I'm probably missing some stuff. Tho all of this reminds of the good and old days at battle forums (not from here) haha

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy:

- I doubt Tony's repulsors would have anywhere near the effect a bullet would have on Spidey as they don't pierce. (unless they strike as hard/harder than the Hulk, which I'm pretty sure they don't)

- That is pretty nice, but it definitely isn't as good as the bulletproof suit which was deflecting fire like that with ease.

- I said that I would rate it above Mark I at max, but not above Mark II. Besides you said "weren't the only combat differences the claws" so I thought you were comparing Mark I and II. My bad then.

- I think it was regular, but I don't really remember tbh. Maybe he prepped.

- Iron Spider is no match for EotE.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what would you say is #2/#1? You ranked Symbiote as #1/#2 and Iron Spider as #3, right?

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099: - Tony's repulsor one shotted Peter twice and even Ult. Peter took a rifle bullet and kept going, but i'm not sure what hulk has to do with any of this...

- never said it was, just was making the point that it takes more than handgun bullets, versatility etc all that stuff

- I'd say It is *evil smile*

1 for me would be ends of earth too, I didn't mention it 'cause i didn't disagree, thought it was implied haha

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: - Tony's repulsor one shotted Peter twice and even Ult. Peter took a rifle bullet and kept going, but i'm not sure what hulk has to do with any of this...

- never said it was, just was making the point that it takes more than handgun bullets, versatility etc all that stuff

- I'd say It is *evil smile*

1 for me would be ends of earth too, I didn't mention it 'cause i didn't disagree, thought it was implied haha

- Probably PIS then, since Peter has taken a lot harder hits a LOT of times. (I was just comparing their strength to Hulk's punches to show why they wouldn't one-shot Peter). Anyways, lets get off this topic since it's kinda useless. We're not doing a Spidey vs Tony fight here... :P

- True, true. Well, it is fine that we have different rankings, just trying to convince you of my POV.

- Haha!

- Thanks for clarifying.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@blackspidey2099: I'm assuming this list will be subject to change when his current suit gets more feats?

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: - Hmm i'd say it's debatable, but yeah good idea lol

- Yeah no worries, same here.

This was quite fun actually, thanks for healthy debate mate. :)

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy: You too man! Debating is a lot of fun with the right people, and you were great! Anyways, you didn't finish your list, lol.

@heatblaze123: Yeah, of course. And also in case he makes any more suits.

EDIT: Thanks guys, I am now at exactly 1000 posts with this being my 1000th! Hooray! :)

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By amazingfantasy

For me, it's between those three, they're on another level

After analyzing all of them, I'm not sure which one I'd say it's the most powerful so I took the numbers out, they all have their strong points

- Ends of Earth

Quite durable, took hits from a pissed Rhino and (controlled and holding back) Thor, didn't get destroyed when crushed by Ock's arms
    Has an attack that can immediately put the Rhino down and another that can instantly freeze an enemy. It has a little bit of versatility, and possess some other cool/useful abilities, but not for combat. Oh, it's also electro-proof. I'm not sure if that means electricity can't affect him at all When combined with Peter's status, we have something quite powerful there (There's also his regular tech, which I'm not sure we should count).

- Symbiote/Superior Venom

Maybe even getting the first spot, when Peter/Otto bonded with it again he got faster, stronger, etc. He was whooping the Avengers and hurt Thor. Not much to be said here, it's simply powerful.

- Iron Spider

Unlike the other two who are mostly just powerful, this armor's strength is its big versatility, so let's get into it.
    Extra-arms that always proves themselves very useful against opponents, making peter overpower them quick and easy, even people who usually give him trouble like Lizard or Molten Man.
    Decent durability, with limited bulletproof
    Can adapt and neutralize any kind of toxin or even microbiology from year 2211. Oxygen supplies, so underwater, gasses, etc won't be a problem
    Has a stealth mode that's quite useful for combat, especially with all these other abilities and Peter's natural ones.
    All of those together, combined with Spidey's powerset, makes a truly powerful combination. Like ends of earth suit, it also has some other abilities but they aren't really for combat.
    Oh and as a bonus, it can steal Electro's power and use it against him, immediately putting him down (geez, guy can't catch a break). it's likely this ability wasn't made specifically for electro, so maybe he can even do this against other villains, buuut we can't know.

As for the rest, there's not much to analyze, so I guess it would be something like

- Stealth suit/Superior second suit
    - Bulletproof
    - Spider Armor
    - Superior first suit
    - Electro Proof
    - FF

@blackspidey2099 Holy, can you believe I did this post without reading your last one first? LOL
    Also, congrats man :DD

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 I just remembered dude, there's also the Fear Itself suit, which has asgardian power. We never saw what it was actually capable off, but Wolverine was easily pwning an upgraded Juggernaut when using one of those, and Red She Hulk did the same against upgraded Attuma. If we go by hype this might be his most powerful one, I think.

BUTTERZ115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with your list

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with your list

Thanks dude!

Draviex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Is it maybe Iron Spider from Ultimate Spider-man cartoon?Because it can fly and shoot repulsors?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By g2_

@krleavenger:

@blackspidey2099 said:

So what do you think it is? Obviously excluding Cosmic Spider-Man (and any other crazy ones, just tell me below). Only ones worn by Peter Parker 616 Spider-Man though.

read the op

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: If it was allowed, I'd still think it was rather weak since flight is hardly much of a difference (and Ends of the Earth can fly) and repulsors are quite a weak attack (which Ends of the Earths had too).

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: You mean repulsors are weak or repulsors of that SM suit were weak?

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: repulsors on the USM IRON spider were laughably weak. Even Tony's repulsors aren't very strong unless he charges/channels them though.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Iron-man doesn't need to charge his repulsors to become superpowerful. War Machine can take Nuclear Blast without damage and Iron-man's repulsors destroyed his armor. IM's repulsors are very strong.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I'd like to see scans of them both. I was under the impression that Iron Man's repulsors were not very strong and I definitely didn't think War Machine's armor was that strong.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I'd like to see scans of them both. I was under the impression that Iron Man's repulsors were not very strong and I definitely didn't think War Machine's armor was that strong.

Here you go:

No Caption Provided

Here you have Iron-man in his Classic/Model 3 Armor damaging War Machine's suit.

And here are some feats of War MAchine's durability:

Here he takes nuclear explodion and lighning from Storm.He was alos punched by Juggernaut Colossus (but I don't know was he K.O.ed).

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By blackspidey2099

@krleavenger: Cool, but that doesn't seem like War Machine - rather, it seems like a knock off. It is shown to be empty, and besides, Tony wouldn't refer to it in that manner if it was the War Machine suit (which he designed himself).

That wasn't Juggernaut Colossus, that was Colossus BEFORE he used the power of Cytorrak. Spidey's taken hits from Juggernaut Colossus. Storm's lightning isn't any more powerful than regular Lightning IIRC.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I don't really know what you mean (Those scans were not in order. Order is scan 6,5,4). Also you can see Tony saying how Rhodes always gets hit by nuclear bomb in a month. It wasn't empty,it was flashback sence to see what are Tony,Rhodes and General are talking about and what happened to Rhodey. And when I said I don't know what you mean I ment that I don't understand what are you trying to say. I just posted a scan of him taking Nuclear Bomb and then Tony's repulsors damaging his armor.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I'm not doubting Rhode's durability, I'm saying that it doesn't look like War Machine who Tony was fighting there. It looked like a knock off drone controlled armor.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I'm not doubting Rhode's durability, I'm saying that it doesn't look like War Machine who Tony was fighting there. It looked like a knock off drone controlled armor.

As far as I remember at that time Rhodey was a Cyborg so he didn't have his War Machine armor but a Repulsor tech cyborg/humanoid hybrid body and the real War Machine armor (the one that was taking Nuclear Bomb) was stolen and now Tony is fighting that Armor but if I remember it wrong I can post more scans of IM's repulsors.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By blackspidey2099
    KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yeah sure. I'd like to see some more.

Hey man,I have some more scans:

Scan 1:Read what is said.

Scan 2:Takes out the Wrecker in his model 2.

Scan 3:Destroys armor stronger than titanium with one blast in model 2.

Scan 4:Destroys steel like it's a cookie in model 2.

Scan 5:Calms down Dark Phoenix Cyclops for a second in his Bleeding Edge armor.

Scan 6:Makes a big hole in Mallen's chest and kills him with his repulsors while trying to calm him down (all in his Extremis armor.Pre-Extremis Iron-man could not even damage MAllen).

Scan 2 and 1:Takes out Ulik (Thor Villain).

Scan 3:Jet boosters are pushing angry Thor back.

Scan 4:Destroys Graviton's shields,something that even classic Thor,Iron-man,Vision and Scarlet Witch could not do.

Scan 5:Destroys a rock with that size.

Scan 6:His repulsors are equel in power to MAdam MAsk's magical attacks (Dr. Doom had some troubles to take her out).

Scan 1:His repulsor blade (powered by same energy that gives power to repulsor rays) was able to cut the head of from Grey Gargoyle (Thor villain) that was possessed by Asgardian Agent of fear,enhanced by magic of Odin's brother Cul and was given enhanced magical uru hammer like Thor's Mjolnir (not as nearly as powerful) and IM was able to cut his head of (he regenerated and defeated IM after but still impressive).

Scan 2:USes Omni-directional Repulsor ray that K.O.ed army of monsters.

Scan 3:Makes Savage Hulk sream in pain (you can see hescreams in pain,not because of rage).This Hulk was weakened and was dying but at this point he was still feeling OK and was super inraged on Savage Level yet IM was able to hurt him.

Scan 5 and 4:Destroys helmet of Terminus and damages his head.

Scan 6:K.O.s pissed of She-Hulk and is suprised he was able to take her out with only one repulsor that wasn't even charged at full power.

Scan 7:Hurts Havock,a mutant who can absorb and and project cosmic energy.

Scan 1:Shoots repulsors and destroys an army with tanks in seconds (it continues in scans I can't find right now).

Scan 2:Red Hulk screams after IM shoots repulsors at him.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Some are quite good, but q lot of them aren't his basic repulsor blasts at all. I wasn't talking about all arc reactor based/powered attacks, just his basic repulsor blasts.

I still don't think the basic blasts are that great.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Some are quite good, but q lot of them aren't his basic repulsor blasts at all. I wasn't talking about all arc reactor based/powered attacks, just his basic repulsor blasts.

Uni-Beam,Repulsor blade and omnidirectional repulsor ray are special thing but beside them all of these are normal.He hurt Terminus,K.O.ed She-Hulk easily and making Red Hulk and Savage Hulk cream in pain so how is that not impressive?

Avatar image for deactivated-59847e5816856
    deactivated-59847e5816856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: As much as I hate to admit it, Iron Man is kinda really, overpowered in comics, though there are some inconsistencies that happens from time to time.

This is in contrast to his lower power levels in the MCU, which in my opinion makes him feel more grounded, and therefore contributes in making him a better character than he's comic counterpart.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: As much as I hate to admit it, Iron Man is kinda really, overpowered in comics, though there are some inconsistencies that happens from time to time.

This is in contrast to his lower power levels in the MCU, which in my opinion makes him feel more grounded, and therefore contributes in making him a better character than he's comic counterpart.

@blackspidey2099 said:

Uni-Beam,Repulsor blade and omnidirectional repulsor ray are special thing but beside them all of these are normal.He hurt Terminus,K.O.ed She-Hulk easily and making Red Hulk and Savage Hulk cream in pain so how is that not impressive?

Yeah, but there are also times where his blasts look like complete shit or do nothing. In most showings of the repulsors, they are fairly effective but not as OP as you seem to think. If we go only by characters' top feats, Spider-Man would be herald-level and the new Thor would be above Skyfather level.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Well that is more or less just opinion. I mean you know he does not always use his repulsors at full power so sometimes he shoots normal humans with them so he will never use full power repulsors. And you are right about these nest feats making like base level like with Jane Foster being above skyfather sence sence she is going to fight Odin and she is beating him up. However it is on incosistence sence it happens all the time. Iron-man's repulsors have been show to be O.P. in recent comics and besides Iron-man isn't a guy who has standards level of power,he always Maleš new suits,some are weaker and some are stronger and Iron-man is sometimes out of power and sometimes doesn't use Full power. Even tho I disagree I get what are you saying. Well let's leave this conversation here,ok.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yeah sure. I know that Tony doesn't always have his repulsors on full power, but even when they are, they are hardly ever shown to be this effective. What you were showing me were the standout feats, not the baseline level for the repulsors.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Well I don't know what do you see as standard repulsors but we can see their potential by the armor Tony uses. Bleeding Edge has great Repulsor feats. And there are so many bad writting with Iron-man's power level,like Spiderman stopping full power uni-beam with his Webb. I'm reading Iron-man title and he has great feats with his repulsors but sence we started this talk 10 days ago I will end it here. We have different opinions.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my list.

Captain Universe Spider-Man: Gives him the ability of Super Enhanced human strength and energy blasts that could compete with the Tri Sentinel and Gray Hulk.

Negative Zone Spider-Man: Grants him the ability to make himself invisible which is undeniably awesome.

Iron Spider Costume: Depending on which version he's using he has the ability much like the symbiote to change it's appearance.

Amazing Bagman! :D Who doesn't love this suit?

Spider-Phoenix: Spider-Man imbued with the Phoenix Force was used in the crossover with Knight Comics but it was only a hallucenation. Nonetheless it looked awesome.

Also whichever one was made of the same stuff from thors Hammer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.