Spider-Man's durability

#1 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

Could the following cause pain to Spider-Man? I'm not asking if they could beat him in a fight. If Spider-Man were just standing there, and the following punched him or put him in a headlock or twisted his arm, would he be in pain?

A) T-800

B) Robocop

C) Jason X

D) Predator

E) Prime Arnold Schwarzenegger

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17263 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them could KO spider-man One way or the other.

#3 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: I'm not asking that. I'm asking if they could cause him pain.

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17263 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyZ256 said:

@TheAcidSkull: I'm not asking that. I'm asking if they could cause him pain.

Pain? sure. they can hurt him, but not much.

#5 Edited by Teerack (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

A normal person like Prime Arnold Schwarzenegger wouldn't be able to hurt him much at all. Spider-man isn't invulnerable like other big time heroes so he can feel pain easily, but Arnold couldn't actually cause an injury in him.

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16092 posts) - - Show Bio

A) T-800 - Yeah Spidey would feel it but it wouldn't do much damage

B) Robocop - I don't know how strong Robocop is so I can't say

C) Jason X - He'd feel his punches but it most likely wouldn't hurt

D) Predator - Depends on which Predator

E) Prime Arnold Schwarzenegger - Nope wouldn't notice it

#7 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Are you saying that repeated punches from Jason or a T-800 wouldn't KO Spider-Man?

@Strider92: Aren't Jason X and the T-800 roughly equivalent in strength?

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16092 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyZ256 said:

Its been a while since i've seen that movie but I don't recall Jason doing anything particularly impressive strength wise.

#9 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17263 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyZ256 said:

@TheAcidSkull: Are you saying that repeated punches from Jason or a T-800 wouldn't KO Spider-Man?

pretty much.

#10 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

I guess that's possible. But Spider-Man would certainly be beat up in that instance.

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17263 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyZ256 said:

@TheAcidSkull:

I guess that's possible. But Spider-Man would certainly be beat up in that instance.

He'd feel it but he won't be damaged much, he has taken way worse.

#12 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a Spider-Man expert so I'm sure you're right.

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16092 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he will be in pain but not much.

#15 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5826 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Well he will be in pain but not much.

#16 Posted by consolemaster001 (4941 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

This

#17 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them could. Depends how much.

#18 Edited by New_World_Order (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are overrating Spideys overall durability, severely.

It takes a ton to KO him, sure, weve seen this with Hulk, with Morlun, with all the heavy hitters. It takes a lot to severely injure him and he is very resilient.

But it doesnt take much to hurt him, which seems to be the question here. To put it simply, if he could only be hurt by the likes of Hulk or Morlun or their ilk, then dudes like Wolverine seriously couldnt phase him, not to mention all the peak/olympic level humans that hurt him in the silver age.

Any of the above would hurt him if he just stood their and took their punches, would he be actually injured? The only one that jumps out at me is maybe the T-800, which I could see leaving a nice shiner, but none of them would KO him..

#20 Posted by nickzambuto (12892 posts) - - Show Bio

It takes a ton to KO him, sure, weve seen this with Hulk, with Morlun, with all the heavy hitters. It takes a lot to severely injure him and he is very resilient.

But it doesnt take much to

hurt

him, which seems to be the question here. To put it simply, if he could only be hurt by the likes of Hulk or Morlun or their ilk, then dudes like Wolverine seriously couldnt phase him, not to mention all the peak/olympic level humans that hurt him in the silver age.

Any of the above would hurt him if he just stood their and took their punches, would he be

actually

injured? The only one that jumps out at me is maybe the T-800, which I could see leaving a nice shiner, but none of them would KO him..

It takes much more than 1 ton to KO Spider-Man.

Wolverine has claws.

I've never seen a peak human hurt Spider-Man.

Some characters on the list will hurt him, but he's not gonna be in agony or anything.

#21 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@deaditegonzo said:

hurt

him, which seems to be the question here. To put it simply, if he could only be hurt by the likes of Hulk or Morlun or their ilk, then dudes like Wolverine seriously couldnt phase him, not to mention all the peak/olympic level humans that hurt him in the silver age.

Any of the above would hurt him if he just stood their and took their punches, would he be

actually

injured? The only one that jumps out at me is maybe the T-800, which I could see leaving a nice shiner, but none of them would KO him..

Wolverine has claws.

Some characters on the list will hurt him, but he's not gonna be in agony or anything.

I didnt mean a literal "ton" I was speaking figuratively. A ton =

a lot

, I apologize, it didnt occur to me that there would be any confusion as I listed 100 tonners.

Wolverine can hurt him without his claws.

Wilson Fisk, Kingpin, isnt supposed to be enhanced human or super human, and he's manhandled Spider-man. In the Silver Age, Spidey fought a lot of non-super humans, and felt the pain. He is not invulnerable by any means. He is super resilient, though. A great example is in, I think, New Ways to Die, where he is hit a LOT by automatic gunfire, and keeps trucking.

#22 Edited by nickzambuto (12892 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@deaditegonzo said:

hurt

actually

Wolverine has claws.

I didnt mean a literal "ton" I was speaking figuratively. A ton =

a lot

, I apologize, it didnt occur to me that there would be any confusion as I listed 100 tonners.

Wolverine can hurt him without his claws.

Wilson Fisk, Kingpin, isnt supposed to be enhanced human or super human, and he's manhandled Spider-man. In the Silver Age, Spidey fought a lot of non-super humans, and felt the pain. He is not invulnerable by any means. He is super resilient, though. A great example is in, I think, New Ways to Die, where he is hit a LOT by automatic gunfire, and keeps trucking.

Kingpin was actually 100% metahuman in the Silver Age, he was stronger than Spider-Man. Once he became a Daredevil villain, they retconned him and most of his history with Spider-Man.

#23 Edited by w0nd (2862 posts) - - Show Bio

He was shot in the head, or at least through the cheek and he kept on fighting. In new ways to die by Norman. I thought maybe the suit he was wearing protected him, but it wasn't bullet proof, I don't know how he got out of that one. He can feel pain by regular humans, and yes kingpin is regular now. I don't know how K.P. gets the drop on him by all means spider-man is stronger, in what if stories he punched a hole in his chest and killed him, and back in black shows he is superior.

I kind of like the ultimate spider-man deal, when he is stressed his skin hardens like an exoskeleton enough to protect him further than an ordinary person but not enough to keep him from feeling pain. I am pretty sure Dare Devil could hurt him, when he gets punched though he rolls with it. Apparently if he just stands there and lets regular people punch him they would break their hands. (sensational spiderman 35 he said if he didn't roll with their punches they would break their hands upon impact and these were spider enhanced people as well)

#24 Edited by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Peak humans can hurt him, but not much...

This fight ended with Peter pretty much winning, but letting Cap go. I believe Parker recovered on the next page and wasn't even winded when the fight was over. But yeah, Cap did tag him a few times, and they hurt.

#25 Edited by Strider92 (16092 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortium: The difference with Cap is he is skilled enough to go for weak areas. A normal blow to the chest or shoulder from Cap probably wouldn't even be felt by Pete. Its when Cap hits pressure points and weak spots Spidey feels it. You can see in that very scan he hits him in the lungs and temple both weak spots.

#26 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by segamarvel (565 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this isn't canon and it technically isn't even Peter but you gotta admit that's a huge durability feat from a spider-power based person.

#28 Posted by I_NEED_A_HORSE (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man is invincible.

#29 Edited by segamarvel (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya gotta admit that if he can take a truck to the face without budging or tank his own punch which can make fissures into the ground then there is no reason why Spidey shouldn't be invincible to blunt peak human attacks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.