Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-man you are worth a $1.1m

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spider-man 2996

hey everybody here is some news 
     A copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 has sold for $1.1 million (£670,000).

The near-mint edition of the 1962 issue that features Spider-Man's first appearance was bought by a private collector, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

The record price paid for a comic is $1.5 million (£930,000) for the Golden Age Action Comics #1, but this is thought to be a the highest sum spent on a comic from the later Silver Age.

"The fact that a 1962 comic has sold for $1.1 million is a bit of a record-shattering event," ComicConnect.com chief executive Stephen Fishler said. "That something that recent can sell for that much and be that valuable is awe-inspiring.". 

Thats alot money. What would you do with that comic if you had it? Where would you put it? I would love to have but I can dream.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#2  Edited By Deadcool
    @spider-man 2996
    This thread is dead... 
    I have a re-issue of Amazing Fantasy, such a Masterpiece in comics...
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Icon

Wow! Nice, well, I guess I won't be buying a copy any time soon..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.