Spider-Man x Psylocke

• 55 results
#1 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love nothing more than to see Psylocke and Spider-Man develop a mutual friendship. She could be one of the few heroines who could be close friends with Spider-Man in the same manner as Ms. Marvel. While Spider-Man and Wolverine a close friends, why can't Peter become friends with Betsy? I would think that Peter would one of the few people who Psylocke could have an occasional partnership with. Not to mention dating(out of costume) in order for both of them to get to know the other. I feel that having Psylocke as an ally would be a good thing for Spider-Man as both of them would hit it off very well.

#2 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

............here we go again.

#3 Edited by tim2081 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke is too mature to be hanging out with Spider-Man.

#4 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Strider92 (16827 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they even met each other before lol?

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (58309 posts) - - Show Bio

but but fantolocke :(
BB

#7 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

How would this work without being badly written?

#8 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to work out just like

Cypher x Psylocke. (He saved her once, never ended up talking)

Or Cypher x Kitty (She found out he liked her, never developed)

Or Cypher x Wolfsbane (He died a few issues after this happened)

Oh wait...

#9 Posted by ragdollpurps (15724 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Spider-Man and I like Betsy but to think that they would ever become more than acquaintances is ridiculous.

And besides, Fantolocke.

#10 Edited by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

I like Spider-Man and I like Betsy but to think that they would ever become more than acquaintances is ridiculous.

And besides, Fantolocke.

You never know until the story is written. The same people thought that Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man on a date was ridiculous as well. The Peter Parker side is what Betsy would find interesting. And the guys that she's been in a relationship with are no different from Peter Parker. And it only takes a good writer(who likes the idea) to make this story interesting to read about. And the only way for a heroine to get to know Spider-Man better is to go on a date with him as Peter Parker. And Ms. Marvel was the first heroine to do so, unlike Felicia Hardy in recent times.

#11 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: You always defend your crazy ships by saying "Hey, look at Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man... that worked". Just because that one specific relationship worked (worked so well no other writer picked up on it), doesn't mean it's a great idea to pair Spider-Man with every other female character in the Marvel Universe regardless of any context and preach it as if it's the greatest pairing since spaghetti and meatballs.

Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel both were in the Avengers. It wasn't random, it was just one writer taking their acquaintanceship to the next stage. Spider-Man and Psylocke haven't had a single notable encounters and have zero reason to encounter each other in that capacity.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13625 posts) - - Show Bio

How did Ms Marvel and Spider-Man work? They aren't together.

#13 Edited by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

I never said that Spider-Man should be in a romantic relationship with a super heroine because why should there be such a relationship when we all know that it's not going to last? And the only way that a heroine will get to know Spider-Man on a personal level is to date him as Peter Parker. I felt that Spider-Man lacks female superheroes who are his close friends. In addition, I am tired of seeing The Black Cat as the only crime fighting partner of Spider-Man. Thus, I feel that there should be an increase of the number of heroines who would fit into Spider-Man's world as both his crime fighting partners and close friends:

Ms. Marvel

Silver Sable

The Black Widow

Pyslocke

She-Hulk

Spider-Woman

Also, Ms. Marvel is set to appear in Avenging Spider-Man #9 and #10. This is their first team-up together in over 2 years since Spider-Man: Siege. And you're right about Spider-Man's mutual relationship with a super heroine: I all depends on the writer. If they are not interested, we won't see that development. If they are, we'll see it. And the women I have mentioned are great alternate crime fighting partners to The Black Cat. However, unlike Felicia(at the moment), the heroines mentioned would get the opportunity to befriend Peter Parker out of costume on their respective date with him. This is how a mutual friendship between heroes are established. It doesn't have to become a romantic relationship. Just a mutual friendship that takes it time without the rush or notion that it has to be a sexual relationship. That is not to say that it isn't there among some of the heroines mentioned towards Peter Parker. And we know that Dan Slott is adamantly against this idea. While I don't blame him on the romantic relationship aspect, I don't have to agree on everything else. I feel that any of the super heroines mentioned would legitimately date Peter Parker. It just won't develop beyond the close friends level.

#14 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

It is so hard to get Psylocke and Spider-Man to work together!!!

#15 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not gonna happen dude just let it go.

#16 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

but but fantolocke :(
BB

#17 Posted by thespideyguy (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

Like avx will make an impression on her.

#18 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wish that Betsy Braddock would make her way into Spider-Man's world as his ally. Spidey doesn't have a close heroine with the type of powers that Betsy has. They could make a great team as much as his past relationship with Black Cat.

Here is a question that I asked Tom Brevoort.

Q: Will we ever see Psylocke and Spiderman in a possible relationship(as close friends) in the same manner as Peter Parker and Mary Jane?

A: It's not absolutely impossible, but I wouldn't think so.

#19 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

I just wish that Betsy Braddock would make her way into Spider-Man's world as his ally. Spidey doesn't have a close heroine with the type of powers that Betsy has. They could make a great team as much as his past relationship with Black Cat.

Here is a question that I asked Tom Brevoort.

Q: Will we ever see Psylocke and Spiderman in a possible relationship(as close friends) in the same manner as Peter Parker and Mary Jane?

A: It's not absolutely impossible, but I wouldn't think so.

That comparison was asking for waaaaay too much.

#20 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought that Spider-Man x Psylocke relationship would be as good as Spider-Man x Black Cat. I could see the following heroines fill in for the Black Cat as Spidey's partner:

Silver Sable

Black Widow

Spider-Woman

Psylocke

Rare alternates are:

Ms. Marvel

She-Hulk

#22 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got some interesting ideas on who Spidey should get with, even have a thread AND list about it, but even I don't see this working well. So what I've got to say to this idea is:

#23 Posted by mewmdude77 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4

#24 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

I've got some interesting ideas on who Spidey should get with, even have a thread AND list about it, but even I don't see this working well. So what I've got to say to this idea is:

Nothing ever goes well until the story is written. The same applied to Spider-Man x Ms. Marvel.

#25 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are two pictures of Spider-Man x Psylocke. How I would love to see them work together as he does with Black Cat.

#26 Posted by RogueJuggernaut (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Here we go again aren't you the guy who made another forum like this for She-Hulk X Spider-Man.Besides Psylocke and him have never met each other and you can't compare this with Ms.Marvel and Spider-Man.Dude they they will never make a couple.End of story.

#27 Posted by Sonata (6266 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man and Psylocke....ugh

#28 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueJuggernaut said:

Here we go again aren't you the guy who made another forum like this for She-Hulk X Spider-Man. Besides Psylocke and him have never met each other and you can't compare this with Ms.Marvel and Spider-Man.Dude they they will never make a couple.End of story.

Let's suppose that an X-Men writer were to use Spider-Man/Peter Parker, he could do a Spider-Man x Psylocke adventure in connection to Captain Britain. If Spidey could work well with Logan, why can't he have a close friendship with Betsy Braddock?

#29 Posted by RogueJuggernaut (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: Because of Fantolocke LOL

#30 Edited by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke's relationship with Peter would allow her to unlock the memories(The she had locked away in Peter's mind) of their time together in the United Kingdom when they worked together with Captain Britain. This was before Betsy joined the X-Men; and it would explain why she has a soft spot for nerds like Cyper. The reason why we have not seen a team-up adventure between Captain Britain and Spider-Man was because Betsy had sealed Peter's memories of them and her relationship with him in order to protect him from Mojo. Thus, Betsy wanted to insure that Spider-Man doesn't remember their relationship together.

#31 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5498 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I'd prefer either Black Cat, or Silver Sable over Psylocke.

#32 Posted by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat any day over Psylocke

#33 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: But I feel that Spidey needs a woman like Psylocke in his life. And a telepath is a very rare jewel!!!

#34 Posted by JetiiMitra (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure. Why not? It'd make for an interesting X-themed What if? anyway.

#35 Posted by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: But I feel that Spidey needs a woman like Psylocke in his life. And a telepath is a very rare jewel!!!

But Black Cat is ....Black Cat...Nuff said

#36 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

True. But the Black Cat will soon reside in Daredevil's world. So Psylocke would be a good alternate to the Black Cat.

#37 Posted by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

@darthfury78 said:

True. But the Black Cat will soon reside in Daredevil's world. So Psylocke would be a good alternate to the Black Cat.

Hmmm...good point........SOAB....good point.

#38 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6456 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Edited by Primebonnick (2914 posts) - - Show Bio

no way i would prefer spider woman silver sable or even black widow but psylocke i just don't see it no matter how much i like her

#40 Edited by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

no way i would prefer spider woman silver sable or even black widow but psylocke i just don't see it no matter how much i like her

Psylocke is a heroine who would be an invaluable partner for Spider-Man in a guest spot. And there is a potential story to be told.

#41 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

How did you guys feel about their team-up in A+X #16

#42 Posted by tigerkaya (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

No because that would be unbelievable stupid.

#43 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5498 posts) - - Show Bio

For Felicia Hardy's sake, stop pairing up Spider-Man with Psylocke! She's too serious for Parker's easy-going wise-cracking attitude...... and FYI, Black Cat is actually coming back in Peter's life.

#44 Posted by Tyger (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: disappointing, Spider-Man was basically an onlooker. It had the potential to be as fun as his past team ups with Nightcrawler or Beast, but fell flat.

#45 Posted by darthfury78 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger said:

@darthfury78: disappointing, Spider-Man was basically an onlooker. It had the potential to be as fun as his past team ups with Nightcrawler or Beast, but fell flat.

The story might have turned out better if the writer had the chance to do a full issue.

For Felicia Hardy's sake, stop pairing up Spider-Man with Psylocke! She's too serious for Parker's easy-going wise-cracking attitude...... and FYI, Black Cat is actually coming back in Peter's life.

After what Spock did to felicia, that is extremely unlikely.

#46 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5498 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger said:

The story might have turned out better if the writer had the chance to do a full issue.

@saiyan_earthling said:

After what Spock did to felicia, that is extremely unlikely.

Didn't you see the cover of the third issue of the new upcoming Amazing Spider-Man comic? Dude, she has always been a part of his world since she met and had a crush on him. She's still coming back in his life, except this time, she's wanting revenge for what you said.

#47 Posted by daredevil21134 (12627 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Jimishim12 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@saiyan_earthling:

What does it matter if she's too serious, fucking Daredevil is besties with Spidey and he's as serious as they come.

#49 Posted by daredevil21134 (12627 posts) - - Show Bio

@saiyan_earthling:

What does it matter if she's too serious, fucking Daredevil is besties with Spidey and he's as serious as they come.

He used to be

#50 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5498 posts) - - Show Bio

@saiyan_earthling:

Daredevil is a little serious, but he can handle Parker's jokes, something Psylocke wouldn't be able to.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.