Spider-Man, the more efficient super soldier?

#1 Posted by tshock (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so me and a friend were arguing over whether or not spidey's OZ formula is more effective than Cap's super soldier formula. I believe that Spidey's formula is much more effective than Cap's but my friend say otherwise. Can I get some input here?

#2 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Spider-Man is stronger, faster, more agile, and sneakier than Cap, and Spidey has his spider-sense, making it near impossible to sneak up on him, and very hard to shoot him or hit him. Spider-Man seems more like a better assassin then a soldier if he killed, because he doesn't have as good of hand-to-hand combat. Cap is a better soldier, only because of his military training, not his formula.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The OZ formula is unpredictable. With the Super Soldier Serum's original recipe, you pretty much know what's going to happen.

I say the SSS, as long as it's Erskine's original formula.

#4 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I don't know, the SSS seems just as unpredictable if not more what with the hulk and mutants. Also I think with the OZ formula you get a much wider variety of powers

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@RidTom: Sorry, are we specifically talking about the SSS in the Ultimate Universe or mainstream 616?

#6 Posted by bgibs13390 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

If it were going to duplicate Spider-man's powers than yeah the oz formula is much better. Spider-man is overall much more powerful than Cap. Its just Cap's training and fighting skills that give him an edge.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16284 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing Cap has over Spider-man is training. So yes Spider-mans formula is far better as his stats are well beyond Cap's. Imagine Spider-man with Captain America or Batman's training? Now thats a super-soldier.

#8 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Isn't the OZ formula from the Ultimate universe?

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@RidTom: Yes, but the SSS I was referring to was the 616 continuity. If we're talking the SSS from the Ultimate U, the OZ is much more efficient, provided that the initial experiment is controlled. Ultimate Osborn knew full well how Peter got his powers, so if they were to duplicate the incident, give the formula to a trained soldier, assassin, etc, you'd have a badass super army of killers.

#10 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Is the SSS from 616 more efficient than the ultimates?

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@RidTom: Absolutely. I mean, yeah, you have your failures like the 50's Cap, but you also have Isiah Bradley and Patriot who were fine products of the SSS. The Ultimate version was awful.

#12 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I always thought that the SSS in Ultimates was superior due to the increased strength and regeneration that apparently 616 didn't have?

#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@RidTom: If we're strictly talking about Ultimate Cap and 616 Cap, yes, Ultimate Cap is much stronger and more durable than the 616 counterpart. As far as failures go, however, the Ultimate SSS was terrible. From the Hulk to the whole mutant thing, I consider the Ultimate SSS a failure. When it worked, it worked extremely well. When it failed, it failed miserably. With the 616 SSS, you got your winners and losers, but the losers aren't nearly as bad as the Ultimate's losers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.