Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Still In Doc Ock's Body?

DeResolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure this out...How did Peter Parker truly return at the end of Superior Spider-man if his conscious was in Doc Ock's dead body. I know in the beginning of the series there was a remnant of Parker...but then i thought they said it was just representation of Parker's memories and not his actual soul. I read around and still can't understand how the real Peter Parker that was swapped at the end of ASM went from Doc Ock's dead body back to his own. Did it cross over or....is the Peter Parker consciousness that is in the body now not the one that died...?!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To tell you the truth: Who knows. The whole set up was a real big mess. One could blame this on the Editor's lack of oversight. Otherwise, we would have seen the Avengers(With Carlie Cooper's findings to prove that Spock was Otto)capture Spock and perform the body swap to restore their souls to their original bodies by Dr. Strange.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By angelalfonso

ok, it a bit confusing but i'll try to explain it:

When Peter was "dying" in Otto's body he tried exchange bodys but he couldn't because Otto had blocked him self with a helmet but he manage to create a link and with it he was able to send himself back to his body but Otto remain in control of Peter's body. When Otto's body died was because Peter finished sending himself back in to his body.

Because Otto try to reject Peter memories and experience, Peter's persona became the ghost Peter we had at the beginning of Inferior.

When Otto "deleted" Peter from his body he left those memories that had became a part of him (Peter), when this amnesic Peter went into hiding inside Otto's memories he was becoming Otto, the same thing would had happen to Otto if he hadn't rejected Peter memories at the end of ASM 700 but Peter couldn't do the same because he was incomplete, when he reached the point when he originally sended his memories in to his body, he didn't rejected them, he welcomed becoming complete and in the proces able to reject Otto's life.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By magnetic_eye

Another way to look at it is that you really need to suspend your disbelief and enter the realm of incomprehensible metaphysical technobabble.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AmazingSpiderDan

I've thought about it time and time again, but I never really put too much thought into it since it's just a comic.

There was a point in Superior Spider-Man where Carlie went to pay her respects for Peter at Otto's grave, and fell into the grave to discover Otto's body was missing. We still don't know where the body is. If anything, though, I still think Otto's missing body is going to play into the story at some point. It'd be cool to find out that Otto's body is still somehow alive, but Peter is still inside of it. The way I see it;

If Peter is in Otto's body, but erases all of his own memories, and keeps Otto's, does that make him Otto Octavius, or is he still Peter Parker?

And vice verse-

If Otto is in Peter's body, but erases all of his own memories, and keeps Peter's, does that make him Peter Parker, or is he still Otto Octavius?

For all we know, Otto could still be in Peter's body, but since he erased all of his own memories, he could just think he's Peter, whilst the real Peter Parker is still in Otto's body.

But I really don't want to overthink it. Peter Parker is apparently back in the 616-Universe and I'm okay with that. My main concern right now is Spider-Verse

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.