Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

spider-man single vs married

grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By grkpektis

i hated spider-man when he was married he was so boring, it was so much better back in the day (even though i wasn't born yet), i hated one more day but at least they made his life more interesting

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Slinger

I disagree, as I believe my avatar may point out. I really liked married Peter. I think his marriage added a whole new dimension to his life creating more and interesting difficulties. Joe Q had argued that his marriage aged him too much, and I believe it is true that it did age him, but Spidey has aged. He's in his mid to late twenties and he's acting like an eighteen year old now (no offense to any eighteen year olds.) I always thought the point of Ultimate Spider-Man was to grab the attention of the younger audience and I don't like the retcon. I think Spider-Man needs to grow up, well, Peter does anyway. Don't get me wrong, up until the Freak, I liked the stories in BND just fine, but I really miss the personal problems Pete and MJ had to face in there home life.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Andferne

I loved Peter and MJ being married and it was a shame to break that up, expecially the way they did it.

Avatar image for theceruleangestalt
    theCeruleanGestalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andferne says:

"I loved Peter and MJ being married and it was a shame to break that up, expecially the way they did it."

Yes, Joey Q should be very, very ashamed. >_<

/CG

Post Edited:2008-04-08 01:17:13

Avatar image for theceruleangestalt
    theCeruleanGestalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I would have minded One More Day so much unless Peter's marriage had been erased. (Before you throw angry comments at me) I mean, before OMD, wasn't Peter's life as scewed up as something could ever be? Still, MJ should be around anyway. >_<

/CG

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I liked Peter and MJ being married. They were married shortly after I started reading comics and it never diminished his stories, some poor writing did that. Ultimately, they painted themselves into a corner when they unmasked him because they didn't think it through and just chased the sensationalism.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Andferne says:

"I loved Peter and MJ being married and it was a shame to break that up, expecially the way they did it."

Same here. I think it would have been much better with a divorce if he promptly needed to be single.

It's something most have experience of, and can relate to as opposed to making a deal with the Devil.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lord Doom

Andferne says:

I think that the way Peter and MJ broke up was the only way it could have been done.They are far to in love with each other for them to have broken up naturally like with and argument or loss of interest.Besides...now that Peter doesn't have to worry about MJ he is pretty much free to do what he wants; indulge in new relationships,be Spider-man more,not have to worry about villians targeting her. Also the way they broke up does leave the choice open for them to meet again and fall in love all over.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.