Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man should start his own Avengers

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like on Ultimate Spider-Man, I'm just sick of Spidey playing a minor part in the Marvel U Heroic big leagues and being a mere stand in or reserve member when he has proven he should stand up their with Steve, Thor and Tony as the main heroic figure of the marvel U, I mean the FF has done this already they stop cosmic threats on a daily basis without the Main three and Spidey is the main lynchpin mascot of the company, so I think Like the cartoon, Spidey should start his own team of super heroes and does his city saving heroics on the side.

Agree or no.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'd probably be fine with him leading his own team, but not an Avengers team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I seem to remember him having his own team (correct me if I'm wrong).

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Pass.

wimble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wouldn't mind seeing that but not necessarily an Avengers team. Something with all street level members preferably.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't seem right.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tigerkaya

No that would be terrible idea and at best forced.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it has the Black Widow and Spider-Woman, then that would be awesome.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Hitmanspike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that could be the 12th avenger team! He could include jn his the two heroes left who are not avengers yet! Like Alpha! (Yeah a bit of Irony here..)

But I don't really see the point, Spidey doesn't really have the resources on his own to stop cosmic treats... But seeing a more regular DD/Spidey team-up book could be cool..

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think Spider-Man should be independent of any and all teams. I like him better as a solo act. Only time I truly liked him on a team was New Avengers. But everything else no.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

yea with characters from his universe like Black Cat, Prowler and the Slingers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By darthfury78

@jonny_anonymous said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

yea with characters from his universe like Black Cat, Prowler and the Slingers

Those characters would be so predictable. If Spider-Man was going to have a team, it should be led by Julia Carpenter, Black Widow, and Jessica Drew respectively. Funding and assignment could be funded by Ezekiel Sims.

No Caption Provided

I like the idea of a Spider-Team that would have temporary members from other parts of the Marvel Universe into 5 members led by either Julia, Jessica, or Natasha, with Spider-Man providing back-up gadgets that they can't get anywhere else since Peter is a genius at making them. This is the sort of Spider-Team that would work in the pages of Avenging Spider-Man. Too bad Marvel killed that series for Superior Spider-Man Team-Up. Although a better title would be The Spider-Family. So the leaders are permanent, but the temporary members changes with each assignment. Does anyone else like this idea?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@darthfury78: yea I'm not interested in any of those characters at all

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: yea I'm not interested in any of those characters at all

It all depends on the writer's ability to create an interesting story. But imagine if the series comprised 5 of Marvel's top writers doing the series in 2 or 3 part story arcs respectively? Each story arc could feature either Black Widow, Madam Web, or Spider-Woman as leader of the group on missions that could be associated with their secret missions with SHEILD, SWORD, or CIA/KGB/Omega Flight? The five characters for the story arc could be picked by the rotating writer. And imagine if Taskmaster was a part of the team providing training exercises to become prepared, as well as working with Spider-Man as well?

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think spider man can LEAD the avengers team. U don't have to be resourceful financially to lead a team. Look at cap. But i think his avengers team should probably include most street level heroes. Like luke cage's new avengers. I personal think spiderman should have led that team and not just stay in the shadow of a hero that's hardly heard of, spidey is a icon for pete's sake (pun intended)

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So its settled than Spider-Man should never lead a team in general.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darthfury78

@tigerkaya said:

So its settled than Spider-Man should never lead a team in general.

A founder of a team doesn't have to be the leader. Sometimes, being a leader makes you a sitting duck.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Pretty much this. I don't see why Parker would have any desire to lead an Avengers team since his apprehension to join them and his mulitple times quiting the team.

I could get onboard with a Spider-themed team for shiggles though.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when there were Heroes for Hire, Cloak and Dagger, New Mutants, Wild Pack, etc? Not every team had to have Wolverine on it and either an 'X' or an 'Avengers' in the title?

And Spider-Man has led teams before, but I never really thought the whole 'doing the right thing, even though nobody appreciates it' thing held up well as an Avenger alongside the 'golden boys' of Marvel.

I thought his team-ups with the X-Men have always been better (and was disappointed when Lords of Light and Darkness didn't even get a shout-out during AvX). I thought he'd make a great teacher at the Jean Grey School. He'd make a great team leader in a 'gang war' story arch involving more street level characters, maybe revolving around Dyspair (or however you spell the name of that Cloak and Dagger villian.)

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Spidey should make the next gen avengers himself, but not called avengers but just as important. Spidey is the marvel u's most lynchpin super hero, he has to be ready to take the reigns as the number one super hero of heroes one day when cap is finished. So I say he starts a team with people that with his own intellect and their unique abilities would be the next big league heroes in the marvel earth. I recommend Human Torch, Squirrel Girl, Armor, Alpha, Kate Bishop and finally New Miss Marvel.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tigerkaya

@darthfury78: The only team I ever saw Spidey working in was the Fantastic Four with how much of a natural connection he had with every member. But leading, no the man is to easily guilt ridden to focus as leader which you need when the mission is at hand. But don't be to upset Rogue is just as bad at being leader to.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.