Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions Alternate Costumes Revealed!

• 55 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
 If you want me, you'll have to pre-order me
What? One type of Spider-Man isn't enough? You need how many? The best thing about the upcoming Shattered Dimensions video game from Marvel and Activision seems to be the variety of different playable Spider-Men and costume changes we'll get to toy around with! We caught a look at the S pider-Man Shattered Dimensions Comic-Con trailer a little over a week ago, where we got a sneak peek at the various different Spider-Man alternate costumes that will be featured in the game. 

While these were very brief glimpses of all the different outfits you get to choose from, we now have a better look at the variety of different characters you will get to play throughout the game. The game will be hitting store shelves on September 11th, and if you missed the most recent game trailer from Activision, then check out the link above. 

Note that not all of the costumes will be featured in the game! In order to play as "Cosmic Spider-Man Noir Version," you'll have to pre-order the game at GameStop. The coolest thing about these Spider-Man alternate costumes is that they have been taken straight from the comics.
Which version is your favorite? Check out the different versions and their descriptions courtesy of Marvel

== TEASER ==

Scarlet Spider

Ben Reilly assumed the guise of the Scarlet Spider, fighting alongside his "brother" until Peter decided to take a break from fighting crime. .
WEB OF SPIDER-MAN #118 (1994) 

Negative Zone Spider-Man

A hero named S.H.O.C. lent his Darkforce to Spider-Man in order to help him save some civilians from a vortex leading into the Negative Zone. Thus, the Negative Zone Spider-Man was born. 
SPIDER-MAN #90 (1998) 

Iron Spider

Long before the Heroic Age and prior to Civil War, Tony Stark used some Stark tech to create Spidey some Iron inspired Spider-Man garb, which he retired shortly before Civil War.
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #529 (2006)

Mangaverse Spider-Man

Obviously inspired by Japanese Manga's artistic style, Mangaverse Spider-Man is what happens when Peter Parker fights for justice alongside The Spider-Clan with a little bit of help from his Sensei, Uncle Ben, who was also murdered in this universe. 
SPIDER-MAN: LEGEND OF THE SPIDER-CLAN #1 (2002) 

Spider Armor

Looks sort of clunky? I would think it might be a little bit tough to swing from rooftop to rooftop in this tin can. The Spider Armor was donned by Peter Parker on only one occasion, probably because it was too heavy! Parker developed the suit himself in 2099 in order to protect himself from The Enforcers.
WEB OF SPIDER-MAN #100 (1993)
#1 Posted by Duncan (11440 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't know about this game.

#2 Posted by XFan616 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good lineup. I think they got all of the popular outfits except the venom suit. I actually like Spider-Girl's outfit, but that's obviously only a wish here;)

#3 Posted by batmanboy11 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm unsure of this game, but at least it, and its alternate costumes, look cool.
#4 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely want the Scarlet Spider outfit.  Spidey Armor is also one of my favorite spider-costumes.

#5 Posted by NexusOfLight (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the Spider Armor in a looong time. I'm so glad Scarlet Spidey's in this thing.

#6 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

A number of costumes from different universes can be either unlocked early or downloaded by pre-ordering the game from various vendors.GameStop offers a Cosmic Spider-Man bonus for the PlayStation 3 andXbox 360 consoles, which brings a Cosmic Spider-Man outfit to each of the given dimensions.Players can unlock Iron Spider-Man early for the 2099 universe by pre-ordering at Amazon.com. Additionally, players will receive a book containing concept art for the game. A Scarlet Spider early unlock is offered at Kmart and applies only to the Amazing universe. Finally, pre-ordering at Best Buy will reward players with the Negative Zone costume in the Noir universe as an early unlock. Wal-Mart.com offers a 20 page comic book with a pre-order of the game.   

so says wikipedia ?

#7 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (356 posts) - - Show Bio

I might not be able to get this game cause I'm doing my junior cert next year

#8 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

As a video game, I don't hold much hope.

As a Spider-Man game I kind of think they'll produce something that is decent fan-service. 

Surprised to see Mangaverse & Negative Zone Spider-Man costumes enter the mix, delightfully unique choices :)

#9 Posted by War Killer (19972 posts) - - Show Bio
@XFan616 said:
" Pretty good lineup. I think they got all of the popular outfits except the venom suit. I actually like Spider-Girl's outfit, but that's obviously only a wish here;) "
Ultimate Spider-Man is wearing the Venom "Suit" in the game as one of the four Spider-Men in the game.
#10 Edited by Rocket Avenger/Dark Avenger (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool been excited about the game. Just upped the ante.  Wonder what everybodys favorete one is

#11 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Negative Zone & Cosmic Spider-Man Noir looking bad ass. Babs, you're a hardcore gamer, aren't you? haha

#12 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nick-SV(ril) said:
" Negative Zone & Cosmic Spider-Man Noir looking bad ass. Babs, you're a hardcore gamer, aren't you? haha "
I kind of love it. I especially enjoy beating people in Mortal Kombat.
#13 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (565 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" @Nick-SV(ril) said:
" Negative Zone & Cosmic Spider-Man Noir looking bad ass. Babs, you're a hardcore gamer, aren't you? haha "
I kind of love it. I especially enjoy beating people in Mortal Kombat. "
Oh no.. the magic word's been said!
#14 Posted by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're undecided, this video may help. It did for me and with this article's news I'll be buying ASAP.

#15 Posted by Namor1987 (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider Armor & Iron Spider appeal to me most I guess I like the techno Spideys

#16 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest I would've preferred the fourth Universe to be the Mangaverse Spider-Man than the Ultimate version... I will still play this game though! It looks awesome!

#17 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the cosmic costume.  It looks dumb.
Why is there so many costumes?  Are they really that important? No?
I want to forget the Iron Spider personally.

#18 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.
#19 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh  not a fan of the look.

#20 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

think its stupid to have exclusive unlocks if you buy it from somewhere rather then buying the game anywhere. 

#21 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

The sad part is i like all of those outfits better than his regular one 

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Fourth universe should have been either Manga or Zombie.

#23 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" To be honest I would've preferred the fourth Universe to be the Mangaverse Spider-Man than the Ultimate version... I will still play this game though! It looks awesome! "
Ditto
#24 Posted by SpikeSpiegel (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really hoping this game turns out to be great. A man can hope!

#25 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

SpiderMan Web of Shadows was a brilliant game, and Shattered Dimensions is only becoming more intriguing. I have very high hopes for this game. 

#26 Posted by Colt (122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mumbles said:
" think its stupid to have exclusive unlocks if you buy it from somewhere rather then buying the game anywhere.  "
maybe they'll all end up as dlc? 

anyways im stoked.
#27 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" SpiderMan Web of Shadows was a brilliant game, and Shattered Dimensions is only becoming more intriguing. I have very high hopes for this game.  "
Agreed!!!! 
=D
#28 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

If this opens for PC.... I'd totally get this.

#29 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this game now.

#30 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Niice the armored on is stylin...........actually theyre all pretty frickin sweet.

#31 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

This game is starting to grow on me every time i see something new. Might check it out when its released. Completely forgot about the Mangaverse Spider-man. Probably been better if he was one of the four main spideys. But the main four seem interesting enough anyway.

#32 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

They look good.

#33 Posted by MarchToWar (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Arham asylum, did really raise the bar when it comes to comic related games, I will probably rent before making a decision on purchase. 
Hopefully a demo will be available

#34 Posted by Shaunw1973 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, there's never been a good Spidey game. I want this to be good, but not sure it will be. Will wait for full reviews.

#35 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the mangaverse one!

#36 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shaunw1973: There are good spidey games. Like the one in PS1 or the web of shadows. 
=]
#37 Posted by IesuNoel (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I like noir spidey a lot.  I'll look into this game just for the spidey craziness of it all.
#38 Posted by SupremoMaximo (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Spider Ham?

#39 Posted by afierce (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Looooove the Spider Armor!

#40 Posted by DavHigg (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really been impress by any spider-man games. I'll give it a try anyway. To play Ben Riley is always worth a spin.

#41 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

cosmic spidey flew not swung.  Kinda cool for the die hards. Good for them. 

#42 Posted by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio
Whiplash ain't got nothin' on this!
I can't wait to whip everyone from Deadpool to Carnage to death with Ultimate Captain Venomverse Spidey.
#43 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope this game is badass
#44 Posted by Blackestnight (640 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLStyle:  sick :)
#45 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duncan said:
" I still don't know about this game. "
me neither.
#46 Posted by WeaponX1994 (17 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mumbles:
I think the cosmic universes are the only ones that are exclusive.  It says at the top of the page that the others are "early" unlocks, so i expect that you'll unlock them anyway, but you'll have to collect some collectables. :D
#47 Posted by HellionVulcan (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll play as scarlet spider just love the costume .

#48 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Mangaverse Spider-Man looks dumb

#49 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

The costumes look incredible, the game on the other hand.... I'll have to play it first before I judge it.

#50 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLStyle: Thanks for the video! I totally wasn't sold on this game until right now : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.